We are going to Arenal and Manual Antonio the first week in April. I've booked a 4WD vehicle, but wonder if I need one if these are the only two places that we are going? The 4WD is much more expensive than other cars, so I'd like to downgrade if that's advisable. We want to do some exploration between Arenal and MA but would not likely be going too far off the beaten track (though how "beaten" the tracks are remains a mystery to me, which is why I pose the question!).
Arenal and Manual Antonio: Need 4WD if only going these 2 places?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Get Fake/Original passports..drivers liesnce
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 4 Costa Rica first timers
- 5 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 6 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 7 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 8 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 9 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 10 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 11 think twice before using expedia
- 12 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 13 best places in Baja
- 14 Beachfront in Tulum
- 15 Belize, first time
- 16 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 17 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 18 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 19 Costa Rica with young kids
- 20 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 21 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 22 Security in Oaxaca
- 23 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 24 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 25 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?