We are going to Arenal and Manual Antonio the first week in April. I've booked a 4WD vehicle, but wonder if I need one if these are the only two places that we are going? The 4WD is much more expensive than other cars, so I'd like to downgrade if that's advisable. We want to do some exploration between Arenal and MA but would not likely be going too far off the beaten track (though how "beaten" the tracks are remains a mystery to me, which is why I pose the question!).
Arenal and Manual Antonio: Need 4WD if only going these 2 places?
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 2 (BELIZE )Honeymoon in November - Help!
- 3 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 4 San Miguel De Allende
- 5 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 6 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 7 Need a suggestion for Thankgiving dinner in P de C
- 8 Adopt an animal donation?
- 9 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 10 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 11 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 12 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 13 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 14 Backpack vs Wheels
- 15 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 16 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 17 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 18 Help with 5 days touring time
- 19 Costa Rica trip in March
- 20 Safety in Ixtapa
- 21 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 22 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 23 Cabo San Lucas
- 24 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 25 Roatan advice