DH and I have been to Costa Rica three times and while we enjoyed Arenal and Manuel Antonio, we fell in love with the Osa Peninsula and have now been there three times, staying at Lapa Rios, Bosque del Cabo, and La Paloma. All were amazing. We took one trip to Belize and weren't as blown away by it as we were by Costa Rica -- it didn't seem as wild and unspoiled. We have about 10 days to get away in early January and would like to try somewhere else in Central America and are wide open -- it could be somewhere in Costa Rica we've never been, or Honduras, Guatemala, or Panama. We love snorkeling and hiking -- and appreciate anyplace with a lot of biological diversity -- but are not divers. We don't need a lot in the way of creature comforts but appreciate a private bathroom and good food and wine. We are both into wildlife photography. We have also enjoyed exploring Mayan ruins in both Mexico and Belize although I think we enjoy nature more than civilization, however ancient. We've also enjoyed exploring islands in the Caribbean including St. Lucia, St. John, and Virgin Gorda, and would consider visiting another Caribbean island, maybe Dominica? Open to suggestions. Not looking to travel into South America or farther afield this time due to a limited amount of time off. We'll be traveling from the Washington DC area. Thanks in advance.
Anywhere in Central America as biologically diverse and beautiful as Osa?
- 1 Campeche anyone?
- 2 Travel Route in Costa Rica - Tamarindo, Arenal, MonteVerde, Manuel Antonio
- 3 Driving around costa ica
- 4 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 5 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 6 Belize in August with teens
- 7 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 8 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 9 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 10 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 11 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 13 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 14 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 15 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 16 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 17 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 18 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 19 Cancun day trips
- 20 Quick CR Trip Report
- 21 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 22 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar
- 23 3rd CR trip suggestions please...
- 24 Can u recommend a lux AI in PDC or Riviera Maya?
- 25 Do I need a permission letter to travel alone with my minor niece?