Planning a trip in early December to Arenal region of Costa Rica followed by a few days at Mukul resort in Nicaragua on the Pacific coast. Probably going to arrive in San Jose (SJO) and take hotel transport to hotel near La Fortuna. Similarly I expect to fly out of Managua (MGA) with transport there provided by the hotel as well. What has me concerned is getting from the Arenal / La Fortuna area to Mukul in Nicaragua, north of San Juan del Sur. I'm not particularly interested in renting a car and driving myself Are there any shuttles that will work across the border between the two countries? If not, am I better off having one hotel drop me in Liberia at the airport (LIR) so the other can pick me up there? I am fairly comfortable traveling with some grit but my wife is less so. Suggestions? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Any advice for shuttle travel from Arenal, CR to Mukul, Nicaragua?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 2 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 3 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 4 Belize Itinerary help!
- 5 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 6 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 7 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 8 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 9 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 10 Costa Rica Travel
- 11 Planning Mexico by February
- 12 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 13 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 14 A Week in Montezuma
- 15 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 16 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 17 Book set in Panama
- 18 Leo - firstname.lastname@example.org - AMAZING private driver and guide!
- 19 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 20 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 21 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN
- 22 Rental car at Liberia Airport
- 23 Private Driver needed SJO to Limon
- 24 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 25 Yucatan Peninsula Recommendations Please (Honeymoon)