Planning a trip in early December to Arenal region of Costa Rica followed by a few days at Mukul resort in Nicaragua on the Pacific coast. Probably going to arrive in San Jose (SJO) and take hotel transport to hotel near La Fortuna. Similarly I expect to fly out of Managua (MGA) with transport there provided by the hotel as well. What has me concerned is getting from the Arenal / La Fortuna area to Mukul in Nicaragua, north of San Juan del Sur. I'm not particularly interested in renting a car and driving myself Are there any shuttles that will work across the border between the two countries? If not, am I better off having one hotel drop me in Liberia at the airport (LIR) so the other can pick me up there? I am fairly comfortable traveling with some grit but my wife is less so. Suggestions? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Any advice for shuttle travel from Arenal, CR to Mukul, Nicaragua?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 2 Costa Rica first timers
- 3 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 4 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 5 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 6 think twice before using expedia
- 7 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 8 best places in Baja
- 9 Beachfront in Tulum
- 10 Belize, first time
- 11 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 12 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 13 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 14 Costa Rica with young kids
- 15 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 16 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 17 Security in Oaxaca
- 18 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 19 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 20 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 21 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 22 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 23 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 24 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 25 Exploring “Greece” in Costa Rica