Planning a trip in early December to Arenal region of Costa Rica followed by a few days at Mukul resort in Nicaragua on the Pacific coast. Probably going to arrive in San Jose (SJO) and take hotel transport to hotel near La Fortuna. Similarly I expect to fly out of Managua (MGA) with transport there provided by the hotel as well. What has me concerned is getting from the Arenal / La Fortuna area to Mukul in Nicaragua, north of San Juan del Sur. I'm not particularly interested in renting a car and driving myself Are there any shuttles that will work across the border between the two countries? If not, am I better off having one hotel drop me in Liberia at the airport (LIR) so the other can pick me up there? I am fairly comfortable traveling with some grit but my wife is less so. Suggestions? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Any advice for shuttle travel from Arenal, CR to Mukul, Nicaragua?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 car rental companies
- 2 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 3 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 cozumel tennis
- 6 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 7 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 8 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 9 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 10 Baja California
- 11 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 12 Mexico region question
- 13 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 14 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 15 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 16 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 17 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 18 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 19 Semana Santa itinerary
- 20 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 21 San Jose del cabo
- 22 Camera Suggestion for Use in Costa Rica Rainforest
- 23 Help planning romantic getaway for my wife to CR or Mexico
- 24 Mexico City! Nice Hotel Within Walking Distance Of Chapultepec Park
- 25 Kiteboarding in Belize