Planning a trip in early December to Arenal region of Costa Rica followed by a few days at Mukul resort in Nicaragua on the Pacific coast. Probably going to arrive in San Jose (SJO) and take hotel transport to hotel near La Fortuna. Similarly I expect to fly out of Managua (MGA) with transport there provided by the hotel as well. What has me concerned is getting from the Arenal / La Fortuna area to Mukul in Nicaragua, north of San Juan del Sur. I'm not particularly interested in renting a car and driving myself Are there any shuttles that will work across the border between the two countries? If not, am I better off having one hotel drop me in Liberia at the airport (LIR) so the other can pick me up there? I am fairly comfortable traveling with some grit but my wife is less so. Suggestions? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Any advice for shuttle travel from Arenal, CR to Mukul, Nicaragua?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 2 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 3 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 4 La paz at christmas
- 5 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 6 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 7 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 8 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 9 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 10 Guatemala customs question
- 11 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 12 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 13 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 14 Costa Rica questions
- 15 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 16 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 17 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 18 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 19 Rainy season
- 20 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 21 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 22 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 23 booking rooms for spring break
- 24 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 25 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?