Planning a trip in early December to Arenal region of Costa Rica followed by a few days at Mukul resort in Nicaragua on the Pacific coast. Probably going to arrive in San Jose (SJO) and take hotel transport to hotel near La Fortuna. Similarly I expect to fly out of Managua (MGA) with transport there provided by the hotel as well. What has me concerned is getting from the Arenal / La Fortuna area to Mukul in Nicaragua, north of San Juan del Sur. I'm not particularly interested in renting a car and driving myself Are there any shuttles that will work across the border between the two countries? If not, am I better off having one hotel drop me in Liberia at the airport (LIR) so the other can pick me up there? I am fairly comfortable traveling with some grit but my wife is less so. Suggestions? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Any advice for shuttle travel from Arenal, CR to Mukul, Nicaragua?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 2 Food at Leon airport?
- 3 Food at Leon airport?
- 4 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 5 Embera Village
- 6 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 7 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 8 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 9 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 10 Costa Rica & Panama
- 11 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 12 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 13 Tela and La Ceiba
- 14 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 15 March/April weather
- 16 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 17 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 18 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 19 One Week in Southern Belize
- 20 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 21 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 22 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 23 Costa Rica four nights
- 24 One Day San Jose
- 25 Visiting Machu Picchu, Cusco for 7 days.