Is there anyone who can tell me if using Antigua as a base for visiting areas in the Western Highlands - such as Panajachel, Chichi, and others around Lake Atitlan - is realistic? It appears Chichi is about 2.5 - 3hrs away from Antigua, which means a day trip would take a total of at least 5 hours in a bus. It appears the same is true with Pana and other towns around lake Atitlan.
I'm planning on spending a couple of days in Antigua but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should move to a hotel in / around Lake Atitlan to see towns in that area - or if I should just do a series of day trips.
Has anyone else done something similar? If yes, did you get to the point where you never wanted to ride or see another bus ever again? Your input is much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Solo touring in Panama City
- 2 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 3 Mexico City and...?
- 4 Driving in CR
- 5 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 6 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 7 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 8 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 9 Tamarindo Sept
- 10 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 11 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 12 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 13 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 14 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 15 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 16 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 17 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 18 Renting Car in Mexico
- 19 Cancun All inclusive
- 20 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 21 Belize in mid September
- 22 Mexico City Airport hotel transportation question
- 23 Budget Belize
- 24 3 weeks in PV next summer with kids
- 25 Costa Rica Itinerary Help