Is there anyone who can tell me if using Antigua as a base for visiting areas in the Western Highlands - such as Panajachel, Chichi, and others around Lake Atitlan - is realistic? It appears Chichi is about 2.5 - 3hrs away from Antigua, which means a day trip would take a total of at least 5 hours in a bus. It appears the same is true with Pana and other towns around lake Atitlan.
I'm planning on spending a couple of days in Antigua but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should move to a hotel in / around Lake Atitlan to see towns in that area - or if I should just do a series of day trips.
Has anyone else done something similar? If yes, did you get to the point where you never wanted to ride or see another bus ever again? Your input is much appreciated,
Antigua as base for Western Highlands?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 2 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 3 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 4 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 5 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 6 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 7 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 8 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 9 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 10 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 11 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 12 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 13 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 14 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 15 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 16 Merida-where to stay
- 17 Mexico City Hotels
- 18 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 20 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 21 Snorkeling
- 22 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 23 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 24 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 25 Cancun or Playa del Carmen