Is there anyone who can tell me if using Antigua as a base for visiting areas in the Western Highlands - such as Panajachel, Chichi, and others around Lake Atitlan - is realistic? It appears Chichi is about 2.5 - 3hrs away from Antigua, which means a day trip would take a total of at least 5 hours in a bus. It appears the same is true with Pana and other towns around lake Atitlan.
I'm planning on spending a couple of days in Antigua but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should move to a hotel in / around Lake Atitlan to see towns in that area - or if I should just do a series of day trips.
Has anyone else done something similar? If yes, did you get to the point where you never wanted to ride or see another bus ever again? Your input is much appreciated,
Antigua as base for Western Highlands?
- 1 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 2 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 3 San Miguel De Allende
- 4 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 5 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 6 Need a suggestion for Thankgiving dinner in P de C
- 7 Adopt an animal donation?
- 8 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 9 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 10 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 11 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 12 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 13 Backpack vs Wheels
- 14 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 15 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 16 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 17 Help with 5 days touring time
- 18 Costa Rica trip in March
- 19 Safety in Ixtapa
- 20 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 21 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 22 Cabo San Lucas
- 23 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 24 Roatan advice
- 25 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast