Is there anyone who can tell me if using Antigua as a base for visiting areas in the Western Highlands - such as Panajachel, Chichi, and others around Lake Atitlan - is realistic? It appears Chichi is about 2.5 - 3hrs away from Antigua, which means a day trip would take a total of at least 5 hours in a bus. It appears the same is true with Pana and other towns around lake Atitlan.
I'm planning on spending a couple of days in Antigua but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should move to a hotel in / around Lake Atitlan to see towns in that area - or if I should just do a series of day trips.
Has anyone else done something similar? If yes, did you get to the point where you never wanted to ride or see another bus ever again? Your input is much appreciated,
Antigua as base for Western Highlands?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Best Tour for Wildlife (Jaco, Manuel Antonio Region)
- 2 Where in CR to spend 1 or 2 mos. w/ kids?
- 3 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 4 cabo san lucas - nicer hotel recs/golf
- 5 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 6 Shared shuttle from MEX to San Miguel de Allende (and back)?
- 7 Roadtrip Arizona
- 8 Monteverde and Dominical--Doable??
- 9 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 10 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 11 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 12 10 Days in Belize and Guatemala
- 13 Belize, first time
- 14 driving question
- 15 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 16 Car Rental Cancun and Tulum
- 17 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 18 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 19 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 20 Departure tax
- 21 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 22 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 23 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 24 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 25 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc