Is there anyone who can tell me if using Antigua as a base for visiting areas in the Western Highlands - such as Panajachel, Chichi, and others around Lake Atitlan - is realistic? It appears Chichi is about 2.5 - 3hrs away from Antigua, which means a day trip would take a total of at least 5 hours in a bus. It appears the same is true with Pana and other towns around lake Atitlan.
I'm planning on spending a couple of days in Antigua but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should move to a hotel in / around Lake Atitlan to see towns in that area - or if I should just do a series of day trips.
Has anyone else done something similar? If yes, did you get to the point where you never wanted to ride or see another bus ever again? Your input is much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Dell@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 3 Help! Should I go to Central America during the rainy season?
- 4 Mexico City over Christmas
- 5 Best time of year for Mexico City/Puebla?
- 6 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 7 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 8 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 9 Cozumel airport transfers
- 10 Best plan - suggestions
- 11 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 12 Vacation choices
- 13 Puerto Vallarta
- 14 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 15 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 16 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 17 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 18 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 19 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 20 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 21 Olmec Colossal Heads
- 22 Tour Guide - Mexico City
- 23 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 24 1/2 day excursions
- 25 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive