Is there anyone who can tell me if using Antigua as a base for visiting areas in the Western Highlands - such as Panajachel, Chichi, and others around Lake Atitlan - is realistic? It appears Chichi is about 2.5 - 3hrs away from Antigua, which means a day trip would take a total of at least 5 hours in a bus. It appears the same is true with Pana and other towns around lake Atitlan.
I'm planning on spending a couple of days in Antigua but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should move to a hotel in / around Lake Atitlan to see towns in that area - or if I should just do a series of day trips.
Has anyone else done something similar? If yes, did you get to the point where you never wanted to ride or see another bus ever again? Your input is much appreciated,
Antigua as base for Western Highlands?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Playa del Carmen
- 2 Bicycle riding in La Pas Mexico
- 3 Villahermosa, Tabasco to San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas
- 4 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 5 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 6 if we do bosque del cabo-where else can we go that is nearby?
- 7 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 8 tours to gatun locks panama
- 9 Panama in October
- 10 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 11 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 12 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 13 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 14 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 15 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 16 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 17 Monteverde from Liberia
- 18 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 19 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 20 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 21 mayan ruins family trip
- 22 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 23 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 24 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 25 Car Rental in Costa Rica