Is there anyone who can tell me if using Antigua as a base for visiting areas in the Western Highlands - such as Panajachel, Chichi, and others around Lake Atitlan - is realistic? It appears Chichi is about 2.5 - 3hrs away from Antigua, which means a day trip would take a total of at least 5 hours in a bus. It appears the same is true with Pana and other towns around lake Atitlan.
I'm planning on spending a couple of days in Antigua but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should move to a hotel in / around Lake Atitlan to see towns in that area - or if I should just do a series of day trips.
Has anyone else done something similar? If yes, did you get to the point where you never wanted to ride or see another bus ever again? Your input is much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ticket changes for Tikal - buy in advance at Banrural bank
- 2 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 3 Guanaster, costa rica
- 4 Family Trip to Playa del Carmen,Mexico March 2017
- 5 Interjet Airline
- 6 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 7 One month surf and yoga
- 8 Returning home
- 9 Suggested destinations, Yucatan Peninsula, Xmas/NYE.
- 10 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 11 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 12 Airport Shuttle in Mazatlan
- 13 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 14 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 15 Dr Simon Andrew Casey - Want to know about Mexican Culture ??
- 16 Cancun all inclusive
- 17 Advice Needed For a Trip to Belize
- 18 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 19 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 20 Expired Mexican Passport going to Mexico
- 21 Recommendations for family vacation in Puerto Vallarta or other ideas???
- 22 White hair in Valladolid....
- 23 Roatan
- 24 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 25 Puerto Vallarta Easter Weekend 2017