Is there anyone who can tell me if using Antigua as a base for visiting areas in the Western Highlands - such as Panajachel, Chichi, and others around Lake Atitlan - is realistic? It appears Chichi is about 2.5 - 3hrs away from Antigua, which means a day trip would take a total of at least 5 hours in a bus. It appears the same is true with Pana and other towns around lake Atitlan.
I'm planning on spending a couple of days in Antigua but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should move to a hotel in / around Lake Atitlan to see towns in that area - or if I should just do a series of day trips.
Has anyone else done something similar? If yes, did you get to the point where you never wanted to ride or see another bus ever again? Your input is much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trip report: Costa Rica natural highlights
- 2 international calling cards
- 3 alternatively in targeted naturally quite
- 4 http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/zynev-male-enhancement/
- 5 http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/zynev-male-enhancement/
- 6 Zika and Baja California ( La Paz, Mexico)
- 7 Archaeological tours
- 8 moving to mexico
- 9 Driving USA to Guatemala
- 10 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 11 moving to mexico
- 12 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 13 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 14 Guanajuato
- 15 Cancun All inclusive
- 16 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 17 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 18 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 19 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 20 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 21 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 22 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 23 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 24 girls getaway
- 25 Tulum and Akumal Tours