Is there anyone who can tell me if using Antigua as a base for visiting areas in the Western Highlands - such as Panajachel, Chichi, and others around Lake Atitlan - is realistic? It appears Chichi is about 2.5 - 3hrs away from Antigua, which means a day trip would take a total of at least 5 hours in a bus. It appears the same is true with Pana and other towns around lake Atitlan.
I'm planning on spending a couple of days in Antigua but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should move to a hotel in / around Lake Atitlan to see towns in that area - or if I should just do a series of day trips.
Has anyone else done something similar? If yes, did you get to the point where you never wanted to ride or see another bus ever again? Your input is much appreciated,
Antigua as base for Western Highlands?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Food poisoning?
- 2 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 3 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 4 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 5 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 6 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 7 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 8 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 9 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 10 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 11 Central America travel over New Year's
- 12 Mexico City
- 13 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 14 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 15 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 16 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 17 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 18 Costa Rica help
- 19 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 20 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 21 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 22 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 23 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 24 Belize in June?
- 25 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY