Is there anyone who can tell me if using Antigua as a base for visiting areas in the Western Highlands - such as Panajachel, Chichi, and others around Lake Atitlan - is realistic? It appears Chichi is about 2.5 - 3hrs away from Antigua, which means a day trip would take a total of at least 5 hours in a bus. It appears the same is true with Pana and other towns around lake Atitlan.
I'm planning on spending a couple of days in Antigua but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should move to a hotel in / around Lake Atitlan to see towns in that area - or if I should just do a series of day trips.
Has anyone else done something similar? If yes, did you get to the point where you never wanted to ride or see another bus ever again? Your input is much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://trexmusclesite.com/ultimate-testo-explosion/
- 2 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 3 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 4 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 5 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 6 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 7 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 8 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 9 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 10 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 11 Non tourist beach in December
- 12 unsafe?
- 13 Driving in Mexico
- 14 Sending things back home.
- 15 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 16 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 17 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 18 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 19 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 20 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 21 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 22 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 23 White hair in Valladolid....
- 24 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 25 unsafer?