At first, I would like you to get acquainted with my idea.
Just me and probably my close friend and some remote island. Living without any cost - shelter build by our own, food - catch, water - some little source/rain etc. For example: food - we are used to do not eat about one week and have very low consumption of food at all.
What it is all about? You know, just to switch environment, people and whole life.
One of places we are considering is The islands of the San Blas archipelago stretch along the Caribbean coast of Panama. There are 370 islands, 49 of which are inhabited by the natives, the Kuna Indians.
Why? Photos from that country looks amazaing, crystal clear wather, white sand, inhabited etc. Tropics.
Anyway, it is first idea and if I get better tips, it can be changed.
So, my questions... have you any experiences about something I just mentioned? Tips, advices? Better places? Or is even impossible to do what I want?
How long I (we) wanna to stay there? 6 months at least. Maybe 1-2 years, who know. Insurance coverage and the vaccine taken into account.
I do not need visa to Panama if I spend there less then 3 months, visa can be up to 6 months but it also doesn't solve my problem, I am not sure what can happen if I overstay that 6 months. I can make up some story or get back through different country, who know. Or, some inhabited islands i mentioned doesn't belongs to Panama and there are in international waters for example, but i do not think so.
I do not spend rest of my live in prison, you know.
When? Within two months
There can be more problems, it is why I hope that someone of you can help.
I really appreciate each reaction.
Best Regards 00deluxe00
Alone on a remote island / tips, advices
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 2 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 3 Cuernavaca
- 4 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 5 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 6 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 7 cancun
- 8 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 9 best places in Baja
- 10 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 11 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 12 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 13 costa rica in two weeks
- 14 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 15 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 16 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 17 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 18 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 19 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 20 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 21 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 22 costa rica logistics
- 23 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 24 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 25 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?