I am in my fourth year at the University of Western Ontario working towards a certificate in professional writing. I am currently enrolled in a course focusing on writing for publications. I am writing a feature article focused on the "wall" that many tropical resorts create between what can be found inside them in comparison to the surrounding authentic culture. If you have any thoughts or opinions on this idea, I would love to hear from you. That is - if you've ever felt like the resort was North Americanized, and if you have, what type of measures you've had to take in order to feel like you are truly experiencing a new culture. Further, on the assumption that many of you have travelled to at least a few resorts, if you found any similarities or differences in the ways culture is presented.
Thank you for your time and I appreciate your shared thoughts.
I must also request a name and e-mail of the respondent - as my professor requires a reference list for my sources.
All-Inclusive Resorts: Culture or No Culture?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 2 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 3 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 4 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 5 Apartment Finders
- 6 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 7 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 8 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 9 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 10 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 11 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 12 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 13 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 14 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 15 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 16 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 17 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 18 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 19 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 20 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 21 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 22 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 23 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 24 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 25 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014