I am in my fourth year at the University of Western Ontario working towards a certificate in professional writing. I am currently enrolled in a course focusing on writing for publications. I am writing a feature article focused on the "wall" that many tropical resorts create between what can be found inside them in comparison to the surrounding authentic culture. If you have any thoughts or opinions on this idea, I would love to hear from you. That is - if you've ever felt like the resort was North Americanized, and if you have, what type of measures you've had to take in order to feel like you are truly experiencing a new culture. Further, on the assumption that many of you have travelled to at least a few resorts, if you found any similarities or differences in the ways culture is presented.
Thank you for your time and I appreciate your shared thoughts.
I must also request a name and e-mail of the respondent - as my professor requires a reference list for my sources.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Is it REALLY worth Including San Cristobal in my Yucatan Itinerary
- 2 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 3 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 4 Renting Car in Mexico
- 5 Car Rental in Cancun
- 6 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 7 Costa Rica
- 8 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 9 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 10 reliable car rental company??
- 11 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 12 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 13 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 14 Planning a trip to Panama
- 15 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 16 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 17 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 18 best air route san diego to san jose
- 19 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 20 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 21 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 22 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 23 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 24 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 25 Puerto Vallarta