I am in my fourth year at the University of Western Ontario working towards a certificate in professional writing. I am currently enrolled in a course focusing on writing for publications. I am writing a feature article focused on the "wall" that many tropical resorts create between what can be found inside them in comparison to the surrounding authentic culture. If you have any thoughts or opinions on this idea, I would love to hear from you. That is - if you've ever felt like the resort was North Americanized, and if you have, what type of measures you've had to take in order to feel like you are truly experiencing a new culture. Further, on the assumption that many of you have travelled to at least a few resorts, if you found any similarities or differences in the ways culture is presented.
Thank you for your time and I appreciate your shared thoughts.
I must also request a name and e-mail of the respondent - as my professor requires a reference list for my sources.
All-Inclusive Resorts: Culture or No Culture?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 2 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 3 Costa rica help
- 4 car rental companies
- 5 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 6 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 7 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 8 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo