I am in my fourth year at the University of Western Ontario working towards a certificate in professional writing. I am currently enrolled in a course focusing on writing for publications. I am writing a feature article focused on the "wall" that many tropical resorts create between what can be found inside them in comparison to the surrounding authentic culture. If you have any thoughts or opinions on this idea, I would love to hear from you. That is - if you've ever felt like the resort was North Americanized, and if you have, what type of measures you've had to take in order to feel like you are truly experiencing a new culture. Further, on the assumption that many of you have travelled to at least a few resorts, if you found any similarities or differences in the ways culture is presented.
Thank you for your time and I appreciate your shared thoughts.
I must also request a name and e-mail of the respondent - as my professor requires a reference list for my sources.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 2 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 3 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 4 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 5 Mexico in March - questions
- 6 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 7 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 8 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 9 Merida in March
- 10 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 11 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 12 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 13 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 14 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 15 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 16 travel in Yucatan
- 17 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 18 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 19 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 20 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 21 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 22 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 23 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 24 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 25 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco