Hey all -
I'm looking to take a vacation with my girlfriend in March or April of 2014 to Mexico. She is Mexican on both sides of her family, but has never visited Mexico. I have been there a few times, but either to work (church project in Reynosa), or on a cruise (Ensenada). I have never had the pleasure of staying in Mexico for the sole purpose of relaxation.
I want to take her to Mexico so she can enjoy the country, and visit her roots. But I also want it to be romantic and fun - affording us multiple types of entertainment (snorkeling, horseback riding, etc), while close enough to a city so we can explore and sightsee on our own as well. Basically, I don't want to be locked away on a resort for a week, without any access to "real Mexico". Does that make sense?
My budget is flexible - I certainly don't want to skimp on any costs, but I also don't want to spend $500/night either.
I look forward to your suggestions very much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Amazing..
- 2 Looking for Costa Rica Advice...leaving in 2 days
- 3 Help with selecting regions / lodges for second trip to CR
- 4 Guanajuato
- 5 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 6 10 days in Belize - Tranportaion ?
- 7 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 8 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 9 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 10 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 11 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 12 Fishing around Arenal
- 13 First time CR intinerary help
- 14 dental implants
- 15 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 16 Costa Rica- July trip
- 17 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 18 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 19 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 20 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 21 help from a Panamanian
- 22 Best Panama beach area?
- 23 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 24 Guanacaste
- 25 Restaurant Raves Puerto Vallarta
Hey all -