Hey all -
I'm looking to take a vacation with my girlfriend in March or April of 2014 to Mexico. She is Mexican on both sides of her family, but has never visited Mexico. I have been there a few times, but either to work (church project in Reynosa), or on a cruise (Ensenada). I have never had the pleasure of staying in Mexico for the sole purpose of relaxation.
I want to take her to Mexico so she can enjoy the country, and visit her roots. But I also want it to be romantic and fun - affording us multiple types of entertainment (snorkeling, horseback riding, etc), while close enough to a city so we can explore and sightsee on our own as well. Basically, I don't want to be locked away on a resort for a week, without any access to "real Mexico". Does that make sense?
My budget is flexible - I certainly don't want to skimp on any costs, but I also don't want to spend $500/night either.
I look forward to your suggestions very much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 2 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 3 San Jose to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica and Hostel in San Jose
- 4 New to Travel is Costa Rica in Rainy Season
- 5 best AI Adult in Cancun and the Riviera
- 6 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 7 Returning home
- 8 White hair in Valladolid....
- 9 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 10 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 11 Uber in Panama
- 12 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 13 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 14 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 15 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 16 4 days in Belize
- 17 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 18 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 19 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?
- 20 An Afternoon In Guadalajara
- 21 Sayulita in September
- 22 Tulum Ruins
- 23 5 day belize itinerary
- 24 2 weeks in Costa Rica: Go North or South?
- 25 Copper Canyon
Hey all -