Hey all -
I'm looking to take a vacation with my girlfriend in March or April of 2014 to Mexico. She is Mexican on both sides of her family, but has never visited Mexico. I have been there a few times, but either to work (church project in Reynosa), or on a cruise (Ensenada). I have never had the pleasure of staying in Mexico for the sole purpose of relaxation.
I want to take her to Mexico so she can enjoy the country, and visit her roots. But I also want it to be romantic and fun - affording us multiple types of entertainment (snorkeling, horseback riding, etc), while close enough to a city so we can explore and sightsee on our own as well. Basically, I don't want to be locked away on a resort for a week, without any access to "real Mexico". Does that make sense?
My budget is flexible - I certainly don't want to skimp on any costs, but I also don't want to spend $500/night either.
I look forward to your suggestions very much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 2 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 3 May in Central America
- 4 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 5 Four night is PV
- 6 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 7 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 8 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 9 San Miguel
- 10 Oaxaca in march
- 11 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 12 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 13 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 14 Snorkeling trips
- 15 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 16 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 17 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 18 best new site in costa rica
- 19 Tikal, Guatemala
- 20 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 21 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 22 Costa Rica Itinerary Help Needed
- 23 Will anyone be in Oaxaca in February?
- 24 Resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula
- 25 Just back from Cancun, where were the Americans?
Hey all -