Hey all -
I'm looking to take a vacation with my girlfriend in March or April of 2014 to Mexico. She is Mexican on both sides of her family, but has never visited Mexico. I have been there a few times, but either to work (church project in Reynosa), or on a cruise (Ensenada). I have never had the pleasure of staying in Mexico for the sole purpose of relaxation.
I want to take her to Mexico so she can enjoy the country, and visit her roots. But I also want it to be romantic and fun - affording us multiple types of entertainment (snorkeling, horseback riding, etc), while close enough to a city so we can explore and sightsee on our own as well. Basically, I don't want to be locked away on a resort for a week, without any access to "real Mexico". Does that make sense?
My budget is flexible - I certainly don't want to skimp on any costs, but I also don't want to spend $500/night either.
I look forward to your suggestions very much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 NETGEAR ROUTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT NETGEAR Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 3 live from PV !
- 4 Mexico
- 5 Belize planning help
- 6 Belize itinerary help
- 7 Another Yucatan trip report
- 8 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 9 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 10 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 11 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 12 2017 SMA Trip
- 13 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 14 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 15 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 16 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 17 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 18 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 19 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 20 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 21 Bocas ??
- 22 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 23 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca
- 24 Costa Rica Connection
- 25 Where to stay in Cayo District
Hey all -