Hey all -
I'm looking to take a vacation with my girlfriend in March or April of 2014 to Mexico. She is Mexican on both sides of her family, but has never visited Mexico. I have been there a few times, but either to work (church project in Reynosa), or on a cruise (Ensenada). I have never had the pleasure of staying in Mexico for the sole purpose of relaxation.
I want to take her to Mexico so she can enjoy the country, and visit her roots. But I also want it to be romantic and fun - affording us multiple types of entertainment (snorkeling, horseback riding, etc), while close enough to a city so we can explore and sightsee on our own as well. Basically, I don't want to be locked away on a resort for a week, without any access to "real Mexico". Does that make sense?
My budget is flexible - I certainly don't want to skimp on any costs, but I also don't want to spend $500/night either.
I look forward to your suggestions very much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 2 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 3 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 4 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 5 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 6 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 7 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 8 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 9 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 10 Merida in March
- 11 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 12 Mexico in March - questions
- 13 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 14 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 15 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 16 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 17 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 18 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 19 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 20 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 21 travel in Yucatan
- 22 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 23 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 24 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 25 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
Hey all -