Hey all -
I'm looking to take a vacation with my girlfriend in March or April of 2014 to Mexico. She is Mexican on both sides of her family, but has never visited Mexico. I have been there a few times, but either to work (church project in Reynosa), or on a cruise (Ensenada). I have never had the pleasure of staying in Mexico for the sole purpose of relaxation.
I want to take her to Mexico so she can enjoy the country, and visit her roots. But I also want it to be romantic and fun - affording us multiple types of entertainment (snorkeling, horseback riding, etc), while close enough to a city so we can explore and sightsee on our own as well. Basically, I don't want to be locked away on a resort for a week, without any access to "real Mexico". Does that make sense?
My budget is flexible - I certainly don't want to skimp on any costs, but I also don't want to spend $500/night either.
I look forward to your suggestions very much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 The Christian community of parish st paul and st Antoine de padou
- 2 Homestay
- 3 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 4 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 5 Costa Rica
- 6 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 7 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 8 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 9 Planning a trip to Panama
- 10 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 11 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 12 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 13 best air route san diego to san jose
- 14 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 15 reliable car rental company??
- 16 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 17 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 18 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 19 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 20 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 21 Puerto Vallarta
- 22 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 23 Panama or Costa Rica?
- 24 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 25 Need help ASAP for Belize
Hey all -