Hey all -
I'm looking to take a vacation with my girlfriend in March or April of 2014 to Mexico. She is Mexican on both sides of her family, but has never visited Mexico. I have been there a few times, but either to work (church project in Reynosa), or on a cruise (Ensenada). I have never had the pleasure of staying in Mexico for the sole purpose of relaxation.
I want to take her to Mexico so she can enjoy the country, and visit her roots. But I also want it to be romantic and fun - affording us multiple types of entertainment (snorkeling, horseback riding, etc), while close enough to a city so we can explore and sightsee on our own as well. Basically, I don't want to be locked away on a resort for a week, without any access to "real Mexico". Does that make sense?
My budget is flexible - I certainly don't want to skimp on any costs, but I also don't want to spend $500/night either.
I look forward to your suggestions very much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/muscle-boost-x/
- 2 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 3 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 4 Ruta Puuc, Yucatan
- 5 Antigua, GT Apartment
- 6 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 7 Taking bus to Montevede,Costa Rica
- 8 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 9 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 10 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 11 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 12 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 13 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 14 driving down through mexico
- 15 Things to do in Cabo
- 16 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 17 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 18 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Planning a trip to Panama
- 20 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 21 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 22 Driving in Mexico
- 23 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 24 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 25 unsafe?
Hey all -