Hey all -
I'm looking to take a vacation with my girlfriend in March or April of 2014 to Mexico. She is Mexican on both sides of her family, but has never visited Mexico. I have been there a few times, but either to work (church project in Reynosa), or on a cruise (Ensenada). I have never had the pleasure of staying in Mexico for the sole purpose of relaxation.
I want to take her to Mexico so she can enjoy the country, and visit her roots. But I also want it to be romantic and fun - affording us multiple types of entertainment (snorkeling, horseback riding, etc), while close enough to a city so we can explore and sightsee on our own as well. Basically, I don't want to be locked away on a resort for a week, without any access to "real Mexico". Does that make sense?
My budget is flexible - I certainly don't want to skimp on any costs, but I also don't want to spend $500/night either.
I look forward to your suggestions very much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Finally made it!
- 2 First Vacation!
- 3 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 4 Stay in Cancun or head to Europe?
- 5 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 6 Beware of timeshare Casa Dorada
- 7 Itinerary help
- 8 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 9 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 10 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 11 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 12 Belize-first timer ?s for Cayes & Cayo w/ Guatemala
- 13 Activities in Costa Rica
- 14 all about volcano boarding in Nicaragua
- 15 ATV's, Nightlife, and Poker Cancun
- 16 Private Driver/Assistant Cancun
- 17 Sayulita, Mexico Beaches and hotels
- 18 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 19 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 20 Gluten Free Belize
- 21 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 22 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 23 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 24 In Cancun right now..
- 25 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
Hey all -