Hey all -
I'm looking to take a vacation with my girlfriend in March or April of 2014 to Mexico. She is Mexican on both sides of her family, but has never visited Mexico. I have been there a few times, but either to work (church project in Reynosa), or on a cruise (Ensenada). I have never had the pleasure of staying in Mexico for the sole purpose of relaxation.
I want to take her to Mexico so she can enjoy the country, and visit her roots. But I also want it to be romantic and fun - affording us multiple types of entertainment (snorkeling, horseback riding, etc), while close enough to a city so we can explore and sightsee on our own as well. Basically, I don't want to be locked away on a resort for a week, without any access to "real Mexico". Does that make sense?
My budget is flexible - I certainly don't want to skimp on any costs, but I also don't want to spend $500/night either.
I look forward to your suggestions very much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ideas for month travel
- 2 Carnival 2017 in Panama City
- 3 Driving in Mexico
- 4 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 5 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 6 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 7 Best driving routes in Costa Rica
- 8 Driving in CR
- 9 Rental car - Lost driver's license! Help!
- 10 Sirena Station hike Drake Bay
- 11 unsafe?
- 12 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 13 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 14 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 15 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 16 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 17 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 18 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 19 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 20 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 21 Non tourist beach in December
- 22 Sending things back home.
- 23 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 24 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 25 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
Hey all -