Hey all -
I'm looking to take a vacation with my girlfriend in March or April of 2014 to Mexico. She is Mexican on both sides of her family, but has never visited Mexico. I have been there a few times, but either to work (church project in Reynosa), or on a cruise (Ensenada). I have never had the pleasure of staying in Mexico for the sole purpose of relaxation.
I want to take her to Mexico so she can enjoy the country, and visit her roots. But I also want it to be romantic and fun - affording us multiple types of entertainment (snorkeling, horseback riding, etc), while close enough to a city so we can explore and sightsee on our own as well. Basically, I don't want to be locked away on a resort for a week, without any access to "real Mexico". Does that make sense?
My budget is flexible - I certainly don't want to skimp on any costs, but I also don't want to spend $500/night either.
I look forward to your suggestions very much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Transportation to hotel from airport
- 2 Tikal
- 3 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 4 Belize - need help with planning our 10 days
- 5 Best resort for our situation?
- 6 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 7 Manuel Antonio - Private Villa or Tulemar?
- 8 Sarah's Cozy Casita's/Playa Coronado
- 9 Belize-how many days for beach and jungle
- 10 Best bus service from Queretero to San Miguel d"Alende
- 11 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 12 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 13 Sunday bus schedule hours
- 14 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 15 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 16 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 17 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 18 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 19 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 20 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 21 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 22 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 23 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 24 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 25 Fonda Vela
Hey all -