Hey all -
I'm looking to take a vacation with my girlfriend in March or April of 2014 to Mexico. She is Mexican on both sides of her family, but has never visited Mexico. I have been there a few times, but either to work (church project in Reynosa), or on a cruise (Ensenada). I have never had the pleasure of staying in Mexico for the sole purpose of relaxation.
I want to take her to Mexico so she can enjoy the country, and visit her roots. But I also want it to be romantic and fun - affording us multiple types of entertainment (snorkeling, horseback riding, etc), while close enough to a city so we can explore and sightsee on our own as well. Basically, I don't want to be locked away on a resort for a week, without any access to "real Mexico". Does that make sense?
My budget is flexible - I certainly don't want to skimp on any costs, but I also don't want to spend $500/night either.
I look forward to your suggestions very much!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 2 Camera & Accessories
- 3 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 4 Savegre Hotel
- 5 Wildlife in Belize
- 6 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 7 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 8 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 9 Costa Rica
- 10 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 11 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 12 Westjet flights to Merida
- 13 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 14 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 15 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 16 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 17 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 18 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 19 Belize - Where to Go?
- 20 Belize Trip Report - Lamanai Outpost Lodge and Tranquility Bay Resort
- 21 Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal
- 22 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 23 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 24 Marquis Resort the Corridor Baja
- 25 Nicaraguan Beaches
Hey all -