I was wondering how many people out there have had problems with Aeromexico? Such as getting to the airport and they charge you more money for your ticket because you made have made a simple mistake but the mistake was done because Aeromexico hides the information, very subtlely and without you knowing, then they are able to charge whatever they want and they blame you for the mistake. You either pay or loose the ticket you already bought and your vacation is ruined! This happened to me and after paying $520.00 for a roundtrip ticket from New York JFK to Panama, they demanded that I pay another $460.00 at the airport if I wanted to travel that evening otherwise I would lose the trip and the $520.00 already paid. My vacation would have been ruined completely. On the way back from Panama, another mistake they made - they only gave me a boarding pass from Panama to Mexico but they sent my suitcase to JFK. They never provided me with a boarding pass from Mexico to New York. When I arrived at 12:20 a.m. at the airport in Mexico, eveything was closed so I was not able to get a boarding pass. I missed my plane leaving at 1:32 a.m. and I had to wait until 4 a.m. when the counters opened. After that, it was a nightmare to get another boarding pass without them charging me another astronamical fee. They sent me from one place to another for about 1/2 hour until I finally exploded and I got someone really nice to help me. No one wanted to take responsibility for their mistake. It was horrible. I finally boarded the plane that was leaving at 7 a.m. I got to JFK at 2:30 p.m. almost 24 hours later. Never again will I book a flight with Aeromexico!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Colorful large parrots in flocks
- 2 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 3 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 4 Tamarindo CR = best for us?
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 Exotic birds migrating locations
- 7 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 8 Riu vs Westin?
- 9 Sim card and power
- 10 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 11 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 12 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 13 Mexico region question
- 14 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 15 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 16 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 17 Costa rica help
- 18 car rental companies
- 19 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 20 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 21 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 22 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 23 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 24 cozumel tennis
- 25 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR