Hi, all -
This summer my husband and I plan to do a guided bike trip and are looking into the village trips offered by 2 outfitters, Old Town Outfitters and Guatemala Ventures (Mayan Bikes). The trips are 20-25 miles and take about 4 hours.
Both trips go through San Cristóbal Abajo, San Pedro Las Huertas, San Juan del Obispo, Cuidad Vieja, San Miguel Dueño (and Valhalla), and San Antonio Aguas Calientes (most of which I've visited in the past).
The Guat Ventures trip also goes through Santa Ana. The OT Outfitters tour also goes through Santa Teresa, San Gaspar Vivar, and San Miguel Escobar (and costs a bit more).
Does anyone have an opinion for me based on experience with these outfitters or insider knowledge about the additional towns we'd pass through? Also, does anyone know if these are local or foreign-owned outfits?
Advice please: bike trips through villages around Antigua
Hi, all -
- 1 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 2 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 3 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 4 Adopt an animal donation?
- 5 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 6 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 7 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 8 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 9 Backpack vs Wheels
- 10 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 11 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 12 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 13 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 14 Help with 5 days touring time
- 15 Costa Rica trip in March
- 16 Safety in Ixtapa
- 17 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 18 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 19 Cabo San Lucas
- 20 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 21 Roatan advice
- 22 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 23 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 24 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 25 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.