Hi, all -
This summer my husband and I plan to do a guided bike trip and are looking into the village trips offered by 2 outfitters, Old Town Outfitters and Guatemala Ventures (Mayan Bikes). The trips are 20-25 miles and take about 4 hours.
Both trips go through San Cristóbal Abajo, San Pedro Las Huertas, San Juan del Obispo, Cuidad Vieja, San Miguel Dueño (and Valhalla), and San Antonio Aguas Calientes (most of which I've visited in the past).
The Guat Ventures trip also goes through Santa Ana. The OT Outfitters tour also goes through Santa Teresa, San Gaspar Vivar, and San Miguel Escobar (and costs a bit more).
Does anyone have an opinion for me based on experience with these outfitters or insider knowledge about the additional towns we'd pass through? Also, does anyone know if these are local or foreign-owned outfits?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun all inclusive
- 2 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 3 Dr Simon Andrew Casey - Want to know about Mexican Culture ??
- 4 Returning home
- 5 Advice Needed For a Trip to Belize
- 6 Suggested destinations, Yucatan Peninsula, Xmas/NYE.
- 7 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 8 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 9 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 10 Expired Mexican Passport going to Mexico
- 11 Recommendations for family vacation in Puerto Vallarta or other ideas???
- 12 White hair in Valladolid....
- 13 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 14 Roatan
- 15 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 16 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 17 Puerto Vallarta Easter Weekend 2017
- 18 Driving Time
- 19 Guanajuato
- 20 best new site in costa rica
- 21 Family of 13 travelling week of Christmas
- 22 Help with open jaw itinerary Oaxaca to beach
- 23 Costa Rica
- 24 Gran Caribe Resort
- 25 Some questions about Belize
Hi, all -