Hi, all -
This summer my husband and I plan to do a guided bike trip and are looking into the village trips offered by 2 outfitters, Old Town Outfitters and Guatemala Ventures (Mayan Bikes). The trips are 20-25 miles and take about 4 hours.
Both trips go through San Cristóbal Abajo, San Pedro Las Huertas, San Juan del Obispo, Cuidad Vieja, San Miguel Dueño (and Valhalla), and San Antonio Aguas Calientes (most of which I've visited in the past).
The Guat Ventures trip also goes through Santa Ana. The OT Outfitters tour also goes through Santa Teresa, San Gaspar Vivar, and San Miguel Escobar (and costs a bit more).
Does anyone have an opinion for me based on experience with these outfitters or insider knowledge about the additional towns we'd pass through? Also, does anyone know if these are local or foreign-owned outfits?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 2 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 3 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 4 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 5 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 6 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 7 driving down through mexico
- 8 Things to do in Cabo
- 9 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 10 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 11 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 13 Planning a trip to Panama
- 14 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 15 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 16 Driving in Mexico
- 17 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 18 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 19 unsafe?
- 20 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 21 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 22 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 23 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 24 Driving in Costa Rica
- 25 Playa Mujeres
Hi, all -