Hi, all -
This summer my husband and I plan to do a guided bike trip and are looking into the village trips offered by 2 outfitters, Old Town Outfitters and Guatemala Ventures (Mayan Bikes). The trips are 20-25 miles and take about 4 hours.
Both trips go through San Cristóbal Abajo, San Pedro Las Huertas, San Juan del Obispo, Cuidad Vieja, San Miguel Dueño (and Valhalla), and San Antonio Aguas Calientes (most of which I've visited in the past).
The Guat Ventures trip also goes through Santa Ana. The OT Outfitters tour also goes through Santa Teresa, San Gaspar Vivar, and San Miguel Escobar (and costs a bit more).
Does anyone have an opinion for me based on experience with these outfitters or insider knowledge about the additional towns we'd pass through? Also, does anyone know if these are local or foreign-owned outfits?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 2 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 3 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 4 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 5 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 6 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 7 Non tourist beach in December
- 8 unsafe?
- 9 Driving in Mexico
- 10 Sending things back home.
- 11 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 12 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 13 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 14 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 15 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 16 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 17 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 18 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 19 White hair in Valladolid....
- 20 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 21 unsafer?
- 22 Gamboa Rainforest Resort alternative
- 23 Budget Belize
- 24 Suggestions for a quick trip to Belize
- 25 Costa Rica for business
Hi, all -