Hi, all -
This summer my husband and I plan to do a guided bike trip and are looking into the village trips offered by 2 outfitters, Old Town Outfitters and Guatemala Ventures (Mayan Bikes). The trips are 20-25 miles and take about 4 hours.
Both trips go through San Cristóbal Abajo, San Pedro Las Huertas, San Juan del Obispo, Cuidad Vieja, San Miguel Dueño (and Valhalla), and San Antonio Aguas Calientes (most of which I've visited in the past).
The Guat Ventures trip also goes through Santa Ana. The OT Outfitters tour also goes through Santa Teresa, San Gaspar Vivar, and San Miguel Escobar (and costs a bit more).
Does anyone have an opinion for me based on experience with these outfitters or insider knowledge about the additional towns we'd pass through? Also, does anyone know if these are local or foreign-owned outfits?
Advice please: bike trips through villages around Antigua
Hi, all -
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 cabo san lucas - nicer hotel recs/golf
- 2 Best Tour for Wildlife (Jaco, Manuel Antonio Region)
- 3 Where in CR to spend 1 or 2 mos. w/ kids?
- 4 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 5 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 6 Shared shuttle from MEX to San Miguel de Allende (and back)?
- 7 Roadtrip Arizona
- 8 Monteverde and Dominical--Doable??
- 9 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 10 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 11 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 12 10 Days in Belize and Guatemala
- 13 Belize, first time
- 14 driving question
- 15 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 16 Car Rental Cancun and Tulum
- 17 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 18 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 19 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 20 Departure tax
- 21 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 22 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 23 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 24 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 25 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc