Hi, all -
This summer my husband and I plan to do a guided bike trip and are looking into the village trips offered by 2 outfitters, Old Town Outfitters and Guatemala Ventures (Mayan Bikes). The trips are 20-25 miles and take about 4 hours.
Both trips go through San Cristóbal Abajo, San Pedro Las Huertas, San Juan del Obispo, Cuidad Vieja, San Miguel Dueño (and Valhalla), and San Antonio Aguas Calientes (most of which I've visited in the past).
The Guat Ventures trip also goes through Santa Ana. The OT Outfitters tour also goes through Santa Teresa, San Gaspar Vivar, and San Miguel Escobar (and costs a bit more).
Does anyone have an opinion for me based on experience with these outfitters or insider knowledge about the additional towns we'd pass through? Also, does anyone know if these are local or foreign-owned outfits?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 2 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 3 How much should I worry about Zika!?
- 4 Travel Logistics / Safety
- 5 Playa del Carmen hotels
- 6 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 7 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 8 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 9 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 10 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 11 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 12 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 13 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 14 Music Video
- 15 July Adventure
- 16 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 17 Guatemala trip in August?
- 18 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 19 Driving Central America
- 20 Nicaragua -- connection
- 21 Driving in Mexico
- 22 june trip-help with itinerary
- 23 3 weeks on the west coast
- 24 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 25 MEXICAN CAR RENTAL - YUCATAN
Hi, all -