Hi, all -
This summer my husband and I plan to do a guided bike trip and are looking into the village trips offered by 2 outfitters, Old Town Outfitters and Guatemala Ventures (Mayan Bikes). The trips are 20-25 miles and take about 4 hours.
Both trips go through San Cristóbal Abajo, San Pedro Las Huertas, San Juan del Obispo, Cuidad Vieja, San Miguel Dueño (and Valhalla), and San Antonio Aguas Calientes (most of which I've visited in the past).
The Guat Ventures trip also goes through Santa Ana. The OT Outfitters tour also goes through Santa Teresa, San Gaspar Vivar, and San Miguel Escobar (and costs a bit more).
Does anyone have an opinion for me based on experience with these outfitters or insider knowledge about the additional towns we'd pass through? Also, does anyone know if these are local or foreign-owned outfits?
Advice please: bike trips through villages around Antigua
Hi, all -
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 4 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 5 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 6 Costa rica help
- 7 car rental companies
- 8 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 9 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 10 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 11 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 12 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 13 cozumel tennis
- 14 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 15 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 16 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 17 Baja California
- 18 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 19 Mexico region question
- 20 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 21 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 22 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 23 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 24 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old