Hi, all -
This summer my husband and I plan to do a guided bike trip and are looking into the village trips offered by 2 outfitters, Old Town Outfitters and Guatemala Ventures (Mayan Bikes). The trips are 20-25 miles and take about 4 hours.
Both trips go through San Cristóbal Abajo, San Pedro Las Huertas, San Juan del Obispo, Cuidad Vieja, San Miguel Dueño (and Valhalla), and San Antonio Aguas Calientes (most of which I've visited in the past).
The Guat Ventures trip also goes through Santa Ana. The OT Outfitters tour also goes through Santa Teresa, San Gaspar Vivar, and San Miguel Escobar (and costs a bit more).
Does anyone have an opinion for me based on experience with these outfitters or insider knowledge about the additional towns we'd pass through? Also, does anyone know if these are local or foreign-owned outfits?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 2 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 3 girls getaway
- 4 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 5 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 6 Guanajuato
- 7 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 8 First time CR intinerary help
- 9 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 10 Second trip to CR - advice on Pacific coast
- 11 Yucatan/Quintana Roo Itinerary
- 12 Cancun All inclusive
- 13 Costa Rica 4 areas help
- 14 Cancun and cuba
- 15 Antigua & Guate; Primera Vez en Centroamérica
- 16 Riviera Maya weather next week
- 17 Travelling the coast of Mexico
- 18 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 19 Hotels in Playa del Carmen?
- 20 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 21 Archaeological tours
- 22 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 23 ISO nice Merida colonial hotel for anniv.
- 24 Casa Corcovado / Osa Peninsula
- 25 Trip report: Costa Rica natural highlights
Hi, all -