Hi, all -
This summer my husband and I plan to do a guided bike trip and are looking into the village trips offered by 2 outfitters, Old Town Outfitters and Guatemala Ventures (Mayan Bikes). The trips are 20-25 miles and take about 4 hours.
Both trips go through San Cristóbal Abajo, San Pedro Las Huertas, San Juan del Obispo, Cuidad Vieja, San Miguel Dueño (and Valhalla), and San Antonio Aguas Calientes (most of which I've visited in the past).
The Guat Ventures trip also goes through Santa Ana. The OT Outfitters tour also goes through Santa Teresa, San Gaspar Vivar, and San Miguel Escobar (and costs a bit more).
Does anyone have an opinion for me based on experience with these outfitters or insider knowledge about the additional towns we'd pass through? Also, does anyone know if these are local or foreign-owned outfits?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Should I Cancel My Trip to Guadalajara in 2 Weeks?
- 2 Best beach close to DF
- 3 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 4 Costa Rica- 1 week September
- 5 Osa Peninsula
- 6 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 7 [Nicaragua] Non-surfing beaches near San Juan Del Sur
- 8 car needed for trip to Yucatan?
- 9 2 weeks in Mexico
- 10 Merida-where to stay
- 11 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 12 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 13 Cancun AI - best beach? please help
- 14 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 15 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 16 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 17 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 18 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 19 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 20 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 21 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 22 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 23 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 24 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 25 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
Hi, all -