Hi, all -
This summer my husband and I plan to do a guided bike trip and are looking into the village trips offered by 2 outfitters, Old Town Outfitters and Guatemala Ventures (Mayan Bikes). The trips are 20-25 miles and take about 4 hours.
Both trips go through San Cristóbal Abajo, San Pedro Las Huertas, San Juan del Obispo, Cuidad Vieja, San Miguel Dueño (and Valhalla), and San Antonio Aguas Calientes (most of which I've visited in the past).
The Guat Ventures trip also goes through Santa Ana. The OT Outfitters tour also goes through Santa Teresa, San Gaspar Vivar, and San Miguel Escobar (and costs a bit more).
Does anyone have an opinion for me based on experience with these outfitters or insider knowledge about the additional towns we'd pass through? Also, does anyone know if these are local or foreign-owned outfits?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico City and...?
- 2 Driving in CR
- 3 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 4 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 5 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 6 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 7 Tamarindo Sept
- 8 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 9 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 10 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 11 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 12 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 13 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 14 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 15 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 16 Renting Car in Mexico
- 17 Cancun All inclusive
- 18 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 19 Belize in mid September
- 20 Mexico City Airport hotel transportation question
- 21 Budget Belize
- 22 3 weeks in PV next summer with kids
- 23 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 24 Some questions re Mexico City and Puebla
- 25 Blockades In and Around Oaxaca
Hi, all -