Hi, all -
This summer my husband and I plan to do a guided bike trip and are looking into the village trips offered by 2 outfitters, Old Town Outfitters and Guatemala Ventures (Mayan Bikes). The trips are 20-25 miles and take about 4 hours.
Both trips go through San Cristóbal Abajo, San Pedro Las Huertas, San Juan del Obispo, Cuidad Vieja, San Miguel Dueño (and Valhalla), and San Antonio Aguas Calientes (most of which I've visited in the past).
The Guat Ventures trip also goes through Santa Ana. The OT Outfitters tour also goes through Santa Teresa, San Gaspar Vivar, and San Miguel Escobar (and costs a bit more).
Does anyone have an opinion for me based on experience with these outfitters or insider knowledge about the additional towns we'd pass through? Also, does anyone know if these are local or foreign-owned outfits?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Buy passports,licenses,ID card,etc firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 Manuel Antonio - Private Villa or Tulemar?
- 3 Tikal
- 4 Transportation to hotel from airport
- 5 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 6 Belize - need help with planning our 10 days
- 7 Best resort for our situation?
- 8 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 9 Sarah's Cozy Casita's/Playa Coronado
- 10 Belize-how many days for beach and jungle
- 11 Best bus service from Queretero to San Miguel d"Alende
- 12 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 13 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 14 Sunday bus schedule hours
- 15 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 16 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 17 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 18 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 19 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 20 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 21 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 22 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 23 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 24 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 25 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
Hi, all -