My wife and I are looking to get away in late January for 7-10 days and we are thinking about Guatemala. We have both been to Costa Rica and are pretty adventurous. We are both 40 and in good shape. We would like to do some hiking, sight seeing and a few days on the beach or by a pool would be good too. We aren't opposed to renting a car - I've done that in Costa Rica and had no issues. We don't want to spend a ton of money but don't want to stay in hostels either. If anyone can recommend a 10 day trip with 3 or 4 stops we would appreciate it. We are from Chicago and we are wondering the best way to get there as well. What would be the best 10 days?
Advice on Guatemala
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 2 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 3 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 4 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 5 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 6 Backpack vs Wheels
- 7 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 8 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 9 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 10 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 11 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 12 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 13 Help with 5 days touring time
- 14 Costa Rica trip in March
- 15 Safety in Ixtapa
- 16 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 17 Adopt an animal donation?
- 18 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 19 Cabo San Lucas
- 20 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 21 Roatan advice
- 22 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 23 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 24 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 25 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.