My wife and I are looking to get away in late January for 7-10 days and we are thinking about Guatemala. We have both been to Costa Rica and are pretty adventurous. We are both 40 and in good shape. We would like to do some hiking, sight seeing and a few days on the beach or by a pool would be good too. We aren't opposed to renting a car - I've done that in Costa Rica and had no issues. We don't want to spend a ton of money but don't want to stay in hostels either. If anyone can recommend a 10 day trip with 3 or 4 stops we would appreciate it. We are from Chicago and we are wondering the best way to get there as well. What would be the best 10 days?
Advice on Guatemala
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 2 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 3 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 4 Rainy season
- 5 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 6 Costa Rica questions
- 7 booking rooms for spring break
- 8 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 9 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 10 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 11 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 12 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 13 Guatemala customs question
- 14 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 15 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 16 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 17 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 18 Mextrotter
- 19 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 20 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 21 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 22 Costa Rica Osa Questions
- 23 Back from Bosque del Cabo
- 24 costa rica
- 25 Costa Rica during Easter week?