My wife and I are looking to get away in late January for 7-10 days and we are thinking about Guatemala. We have both been to Costa Rica and are pretty adventurous. We are both 40 and in good shape. We would like to do some hiking, sight seeing and a few days on the beach or by a pool would be good too. We aren't opposed to renting a car - I've done that in Costa Rica and had no issues. We don't want to spend a ton of money but don't want to stay in hostels either. If anyone can recommend a 10 day trip with 3 or 4 stops we would appreciate it. We are from Chicago and we are wondering the best way to get there as well. What would be the best 10 days?
Advice on Guatemala
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 2 Costa rica help
- 3 car rental companies
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 6 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 7 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 8 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo