Great Relaxing Vacation!”
We started off our trip with 3 nights in Copan Ruins. We then came to the Guanaja Island Club, Guanaja, Bay Islands of Honduras. This was my second trip and my family's first trip there.The accommodations are excellent. The reason we came to Guanaja was to get away and have some peace and quiet and that is exactly what we did. The rooms are very clean and lots of storage. The grounds are beautiful.
The food is amazing at the resort. Our package included Breakfast, lunch and dinner. All the food was exceptional, especially the dinners. There was not one bad meal at the resort.
We did a lot of tours and activities there and they were all excellent. We did the boat tour of the cays with Brian. We did the vehicle tour of Mangrove Bight, Mitch and Savannah Bight with a guy named Noni from Mangrove Bight. We also did the tour to Southwest Cay for the day snorkeling, fishing and having cocktails on the beach. All three of our kids had a ball the whole time. The first time all the kids had fun and as af ather , this makes everything magic let me tell you!
The snorkeling out in front of the resort is amazing and practically is the best snorkeling we have ever seen. The coral reefs are in such good condition and the fish are bountiful.
The owners, Carolina and Brian, are very laid back and are there to make you comfortable. Their son Jordan helps out as a guide to the waterfalls and snorkeling. I was stunned to find out how young he is and how much he knows and can do. Wow!!I everyone speaks English and Spanish at the resort.
The resort is very quiet at night unless you have the locals coming by. That is really interesting. I would definitely come back to this little slice of heaven!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 info needed on NW Mexico trip
- 2 Tulum Beachfront Lodging with Tweens
- 3 Need Help with Costa Rica
- 4 Cozumel airport transfers
- 5 Best plan - suggestions
- 6 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 7 Vacation choices
- 8 Puerto Vallarta
- 9 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 10 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 11 PV Questions about art, food, cooking classes!
- 12 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 13 Transportation between Granada, Nicaragua and Ometepe, Nicaragua
- 14 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 15 Isla Holbox - where did you stay?
- 16 Olmec Colossal Heads
- 17 Tour Guide - Mexico City
- 18 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 19 1/2 day excursions
- 20 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 21 Going with the flow - 16 days in Costa Rica
- 22 top 8 cenotes to visit
- 23 Our recent trip to Costa Rica
- 24 San Miguel trivia
- 25 Where to stay in Cayo District
A GREAT FAMILY VACATION PLACE ON GUANAJA ISLAND, HONDURAS
Great Relaxing Vacation!”