My best friend is turning 30 and we are hoping to head to Costa Rica over Thanksgiving.
Last year for my birthday, we took a 15 day trip to Great Britain over Thanksgiving - and it was a whirlwind with lots of train hopping and adventures. This time around we want to do a few days of exploring, and end our trip with a lot of beach relaxing.
We did all of the planning ourselves for our last trip, which we enjoyed - but are considering looking into a travel agent for our Costa Rica trip. Does anyone have any recommendations for companies to use? We have seen Gate 1 travel's packages, which seem to have good options - but I'd love to know of some other reliable, more customized (but still affordable on educators' budgets) options!
I'd also love to hear thoughts on our very rough draft of an itinerary below. We know we want to see the volcano, the cloud forest area, and have the relaxation of the beach. I personally can't sit still all day on the beach, so I thought of all the beach areas Manuel Antonio seemed to have the most to see in the surrounding areas. Is this a reasonable timeline?
If your advice is to plan without an agency, I would love suggestions. Is a rental car a must for the entire trip? Can't miss sites? Restaurants you like in the area? Suggestions for hotels? Ultimately, it seems like a package with an agency might save money - but the lack of choices for hotels isn't all that appealing.
Thanks very much - Natalie
November 21: Travel SAN JOSE, sleep SAN JOSE
November 22: Travel ARENAL, sleep ARENAL
November 23: Travel MONTEVERDE, sleep MONTEVERDE
November 24: MONTEVERDE
November 25: Travel MANUEL ANTONIO, sleep MANUEL ANTONIO
November 26: MANUEL ANTONIO
November 27: MANUEL ANTONIO
November 28: MANUEL ANTONIO
November 29: Travel SAN JOSE, Travel COLUMBUS, OH
9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 2 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 3 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 4 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 5 Leo Rodriguez is a great local guide/drive
- 6 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 7 6 days in Cancun and Riviera Maya end of May
- 8 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 9 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 10 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 11 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 12 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 13 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 14 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 15 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 16 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 17 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 18 Bus from Guatemala City to Nicaragua
- 19 Costa Rica
- 20 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 21 Car Service from Cancun Airport
- 22 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 23 Costa Rica tentative Itinerary - input please
- 24 Cancun vs. Playa Del Carmen Area
- 25 Tocumen Airport layover