My best friend is turning 30 and we are hoping to head to Costa Rica over Thanksgiving.
Last year for my birthday, we took a 15 day trip to Great Britain over Thanksgiving - and it was a whirlwind with lots of train hopping and adventures. This time around we want to do a few days of exploring, and end our trip with a lot of beach relaxing.
We did all of the planning ourselves for our last trip, which we enjoyed - but are considering looking into a travel agent for our Costa Rica trip. Does anyone have any recommendations for companies to use? We have seen Gate 1 travel's packages, which seem to have good options - but I'd love to know of some other reliable, more customized (but still affordable on educators' budgets) options!
I'd also love to hear thoughts on our very rough draft of an itinerary below. We know we want to see the volcano, the cloud forest area, and have the relaxation of the beach. I personally can't sit still all day on the beach, so I thought of all the beach areas Manuel Antonio seemed to have the most to see in the surrounding areas. Is this a reasonable timeline?
If your advice is to plan without an agency, I would love suggestions. Is a rental car a must for the entire trip? Can't miss sites? Restaurants you like in the area? Suggestions for hotels? Ultimately, it seems like a package with an agency might save money - but the lack of choices for hotels isn't all that appealing.
Thanks very much - Natalie
November 21: Travel SAN JOSE, sleep SAN JOSE
November 22: Travel ARENAL, sleep ARENAL
November 23: Travel MONTEVERDE, sleep MONTEVERDE
November 24: MONTEVERDE
November 25: Travel MANUEL ANTONIO, sleep MANUEL ANTONIO
November 26: MANUEL ANTONIO
November 27: MANUEL ANTONIO
November 28: MANUEL ANTONIO
November 29: Travel SAN JOSE, Travel COLUMBUS, OH
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 2 Four night is PV
- 3 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 4 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 5 San Miguel
- 6 Oaxaca in march
- 7 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 8 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 9 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 10 Snorkeling trips
- 11 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 12 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 13 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 14 best new site in costa rica
- 15 Tikal, Guatemala
- 16 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 17 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 18 Costa Rica Itinerary Help Needed
- 19 Will anyone be in Oaxaca in February?
- 20 Resorts on the Yucatan Peninsula
- 21 Just back from Cancun, where were the Americans?
- 22 Monteverde Cloud Forest....tour suggestions!!!!
- 23 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 24 Panama Canal
- 25 need info on visiting the wineries in then Valle de Guadalupe