We will be in Costa Rica for 8 days in January with our two young adult children. We have already booked the Finca Rosa Blanca for two nights upon our arrival (we realized that there is not as much to do in that area as elsewhere in the country, but the hotel looked really nice and it seemed that checking in in the late afternoon and then having to leave the next morning would not really have given us an opportunity to enjoy it) and then three nights at The Springs Resort and Spa in the Arenal region. We would then like to head to Manuel Antonio for two or three nights, but have not booked a place there yet (waiting to hear if there is availability at Tulemar Bungalows). I have a few questions though: (1) Should we rent a car (as we are planning) or get drivers? Will the latter be much more expensive than renting? We are fairly adventurous and used to driving in foreign places, but would like the trip to be relaxing, and I hear that driving can be pretty stressful in Costa Rica. On the other hand, I like the flexibiity that driving on our own would offer. (2) Should we spend three nights in Manuel Antonio or two nights there and then one night in San Jose before we leave? Our flight home is not until 3:30 pm. I think I want to see a little of the city, but maybe we will have enough time to do that at the beginning of our trip while we are at the Finca Rosa Blanca? Can we comfortably leave Manuel Antonio in the morning and make our afternoon flight? (3) Finally, does this itinerary make sense or would you suggest something different? Should we consider other hotels in Manuel Antonio? Thanks for your help!
8 Days in Costa Rica with Adult Children
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 2 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 3 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 4 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 5 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 6 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 7 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 8 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 9 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 10 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 11 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 12 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 13 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 14 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 15 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 16 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 17 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 18 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 19 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 20 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 21 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 22 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 23 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 24 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres
- 25 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama