We will be in Costa Rica for 8 days in January with our two young adult children. We have already booked the Finca Rosa Blanca for two nights upon our arrival (we realized that there is not as much to do in that area as elsewhere in the country, but the hotel looked really nice and it seemed that checking in in the late afternoon and then having to leave the next morning would not really have given us an opportunity to enjoy it) and then three nights at The Springs Resort and Spa in the Arenal region. We would then like to head to Manuel Antonio for two or three nights, but have not booked a place there yet (waiting to hear if there is availability at Tulemar Bungalows). I have a few questions though: (1) Should we rent a car (as we are planning) or get drivers? Will the latter be much more expensive than renting? We are fairly adventurous and used to driving in foreign places, but would like the trip to be relaxing, and I hear that driving can be pretty stressful in Costa Rica. On the other hand, I like the flexibiity that driving on our own would offer. (2) Should we spend three nights in Manuel Antonio or two nights there and then one night in San Jose before we leave? Our flight home is not until 3:30 pm. I think I want to see a little of the city, but maybe we will have enough time to do that at the beginning of our trip while we are at the Finca Rosa Blanca? Can we comfortably leave Manuel Antonio in the morning and make our afternoon flight? (3) Finally, does this itinerary make sense or would you suggest something different? Should we consider other hotels in Manuel Antonio? Thanks for your help!
8 Days in Costa Rica with Adult Children
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 2 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 3 Mexico region question
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 6 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 7 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 8 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 9 Costa rica help
- 10 car rental companies
- 11 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 12 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 13 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 14 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 15 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 16 cozumel tennis
- 17 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 18 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 19 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 20 Baja California
- 21 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 22 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 23 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 24 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 25 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara