We will be in Costa Rica for 8 days in January with our two young adult children. We have already booked the Finca Rosa Blanca for two nights upon our arrival (we realized that there is not as much to do in that area as elsewhere in the country, but the hotel looked really nice and it seemed that checking in in the late afternoon and then having to leave the next morning would not really have given us an opportunity to enjoy it) and then three nights at The Springs Resort and Spa in the Arenal region. We would then like to head to Manuel Antonio for two or three nights, but have not booked a place there yet (waiting to hear if there is availability at Tulemar Bungalows). I have a few questions though: (1) Should we rent a car (as we are planning) or get drivers? Will the latter be much more expensive than renting? We are fairly adventurous and used to driving in foreign places, but would like the trip to be relaxing, and I hear that driving can be pretty stressful in Costa Rica. On the other hand, I like the flexibiity that driving on our own would offer. (2) Should we spend three nights in Manuel Antonio or two nights there and then one night in San Jose before we leave? Our flight home is not until 3:30 pm. I think I want to see a little of the city, but maybe we will have enough time to do that at the beginning of our trip while we are at the Finca Rosa Blanca? Can we comfortably leave Manuel Antonio in the morning and make our afternoon flight? (3) Finally, does this itinerary make sense or would you suggest something different? Should we consider other hotels in Manuel Antonio? Thanks for your help!
8 Days in Costa Rica with Adult Children
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Which Dive shop is best for snorkeling boat tour in akumal
- 2 Embera Village
- 3 an evening in San Jose...?
- 4 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 5 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 6 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 7 Food at Leon airport?
- 8 Food at Leon airport?
- 9 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 10 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 11 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 12 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 13 Costa Rica & Panama
- 14 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 15 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 16 Tela and La Ceiba
- 17 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 18 March/April weather
- 19 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 20 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 21 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 22 One Week in Southern Belize
- 23 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 24 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 25 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?