We will be in Costa Rica for 8 days in January with our two young adult children. We have already booked the Finca Rosa Blanca for two nights upon our arrival (we realized that there is not as much to do in that area as elsewhere in the country, but the hotel looked really nice and it seemed that checking in in the late afternoon and then having to leave the next morning would not really have given us an opportunity to enjoy it) and then three nights at The Springs Resort and Spa in the Arenal region. We would then like to head to Manuel Antonio for two or three nights, but have not booked a place there yet (waiting to hear if there is availability at Tulemar Bungalows). I have a few questions though: (1) Should we rent a car (as we are planning) or get drivers? Will the latter be much more expensive than renting? We are fairly adventurous and used to driving in foreign places, but would like the trip to be relaxing, and I hear that driving can be pretty stressful in Costa Rica. On the other hand, I like the flexibiity that driving on our own would offer. (2) Should we spend three nights in Manuel Antonio or two nights there and then one night in San Jose before we leave? Our flight home is not until 3:30 pm. I think I want to see a little of the city, but maybe we will have enough time to do that at the beginning of our trip while we are at the Finca Rosa Blanca? Can we comfortably leave Manuel Antonio in the morning and make our afternoon flight? (3) Finally, does this itinerary make sense or would you suggest something different? Should we consider other hotels in Manuel Antonio? Thanks for your help!
8 Days in Costa Rica with Adult Children
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Need alternate airport for mexican pyramids
- 2 (BELIZE )Honeymoon in November - Help!
- 3 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 4 San Miguel De Allende
- 5 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 6 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 7 Need a suggestion for Thankgiving dinner in P de C
- 8 Adopt an animal donation?
- 9 Liberia Airport to Samara
- 10 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 11 Belize jungle lodge -- please help choose
- 12 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 13 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 14 Backpack vs Wheels
- 15 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 16 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 17 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 18 Help with 5 days touring time
- 19 Costa Rica trip in March
- 20 Safety in Ixtapa
- 21 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 22 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 23 Cabo San Lucas
- 24 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 25 Roatan advice