I am just beginning to plan our family's first trip to CR next March. We will be arriving in San Jose on a Monday and leaving the following Monday. We are a family of 4 with 2 teen daughters (12 and 14).
I was thinking of the following itinerary, but had heard that Monteverde may not be worth the effort and wanted to get your feedback on whether this is too much:
Day 1: Arrive SJO and transfer to Arenal
Day 2: Arenal
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Morning Activity in Arenal and then transfer to Monteverde
Day 5: Activity in Monteverde and then Transfer to Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Transfer back to SJO in the morning for our afternoon flight.
Again, I'm just starting this so any thoughts/insight would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 बिहारी: yahoo Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:540:6830 yahoo MAIL 24*7
- 2 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 3 Family vacation
- 4 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 5 Food poisoning?
- 6 Guanajuato or Oaxacca for 5-7days?
- 7 Best plan - suggestions
- 8 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 9 Spending USD in Mexico
- 10 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 11 Merida Trip Report - Lots of Food
- 12 We're off to Costa Rica and never been there!
- 13 Guanacaste in October
- 14 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 15 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 16 Good lunch spot
- 17 Recommendations on hotels with best beaches
- 18 Planning girls getaway trip to CR this summer and need help!
- 19 December Itinerary with 1 Year Old
- 20 Art School
- 21 Costa Rica EF Tours for Middle School
- 22 Month Stay In Oaxaca, Mexico
- 23 Is it crazy to go in August?
- 24 El Salvador plane change
- 25 Traveling with my 16 year old daughter to Mexico