I am just beginning to plan our family's first trip to CR next March. We will be arriving in San Jose on a Monday and leaving the following Monday. We are a family of 4 with 2 teen daughters (12 and 14).
I was thinking of the following itinerary, but had heard that Monteverde may not be worth the effort and wanted to get your feedback on whether this is too much:
Day 1: Arrive SJO and transfer to Arenal
Day 2: Arenal
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Morning Activity in Arenal and then transfer to Monteverde
Day 5: Activity in Monteverde and then Transfer to Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Transfer back to SJO in the morning for our afternoon flight.
Again, I'm just starting this so any thoughts/insight would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 2 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 3 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 4 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 5 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 6 Fonda Vela
- 7 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 8 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 9 mexico vs dominican republic vacation
- 10 Privat Tour Options for Chichen itza + Tulum
- 11 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 12 Mosquitoes and the Zika virus
- 13 Cancun 7 day trip advice needed
- 14 Driver needed for Panama City
- 15 Costa Rica Cruise - Part 3
- 16 Warm Temp for Snorkling
- 17 Cruise to Costa Rica 2016
- 18 Costa Rica Cruise - Details
- 19 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 20 Help us plan a Mayan Ruins plus Wildlife trip
- 21 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 22 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 23 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 24 Christmas 2016 (budget)
- 25 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio