I am just beginning to plan our family's first trip to CR next March. We will be arriving in San Jose on a Monday and leaving the following Monday. We are a family of 4 with 2 teen daughters (12 and 14).
I was thinking of the following itinerary, but had heard that Monteverde may not be worth the effort and wanted to get your feedback on whether this is too much:
Day 1: Arrive SJO and transfer to Arenal
Day 2: Arenal
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Morning Activity in Arenal and then transfer to Monteverde
Day 5: Activity in Monteverde and then Transfer to Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Transfer back to SJO in the morning for our afternoon flight.
Again, I'm just starting this so any thoughts/insight would be much appreciated.
7 Days in Cost Rica--asking for advice
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 2 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 3 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 4 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 5 Merida-where to stay
- 6 Mexico City Hotels
- 7 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 8 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 9 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 10 Snorkeling
- 11 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 12 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 13 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 14 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 15 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip
- 16 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 17 Family friendly restaurants in Playa del Carmen with good food?
- 18 Guanacaste, based in Playa Grande
- 19 Best restaurants in Mexico City & San Miguel de Allende
- 20 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 21 Albuterol inhalers and prescription orthotics in Panama?
- 22 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport
- 23 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 24 Single Women traveling to Costa Rica
- 25 Isla Mujeres RELAXTION and FUN must do's