I am just beginning to plan our family's first trip to CR next March. We will be arriving in San Jose on a Monday and leaving the following Monday. We are a family of 4 with 2 teen daughters (12 and 14).
I was thinking of the following itinerary, but had heard that Monteverde may not be worth the effort and wanted to get your feedback on whether this is too much:
Day 1: Arrive SJO and transfer to Arenal
Day 2: Arenal
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Morning Activity in Arenal and then transfer to Monteverde
Day 5: Activity in Monteverde and then Transfer to Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Transfer back to SJO in the morning for our afternoon flight.
Again, I'm just starting this so any thoughts/insight would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 2 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 3 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 4 Copa Airlines?
- 5 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 6 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 7 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 8 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 9 Tulum (camping)
- 10 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 11 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 12 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 13 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 14 Riviera Maya
- 15 Excursions
- 16 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 17 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?
- 18 How early to book Mexico vacation from SF?
- 19 Peurto Escondido or PV (please help!)
- 20 Costa Rica 8 days in Feb
- 21 Eric Brahms
- 22 Where to stay in Oaxaca, Mexico?
- 23 River Lodge in Costa Rica?
- 24 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 25 Cancel a timeshare