I am just beginning to plan our family's first trip to CR next March. We will be arriving in San Jose on a Monday and leaving the following Monday. We are a family of 4 with 2 teen daughters (12 and 14).
I was thinking of the following itinerary, but had heard that Monteverde may not be worth the effort and wanted to get your feedback on whether this is too much:
Day 1: Arrive SJO and transfer to Arenal
Day 2: Arenal
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Morning Activity in Arenal and then transfer to Monteverde
Day 5: Activity in Monteverde and then Transfer to Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Transfer back to SJO in the morning for our afternoon flight.
Again, I'm just starting this so any thoughts/insight would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 2 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 3 Guanajuato
- 4 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 5 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 6 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 7 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 8 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 9 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 10 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 11 Cancun All inclusive
- 12 girls getaway
- 13 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 14 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 15 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 16 First time CR intinerary help
- 17 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 18 Second trip to CR - advice on Pacific coast
- 19 Yucatan/Quintana Roo Itinerary
- 20 Costa Rica 4 areas help
- 21 Cancun and cuba
- 22 Antigua & Guate; Primera Vez en Centroamérica
- 23 Riviera Maya weather next week
- 24 Travelling the coast of Mexico
- 25 Belize vs. Costa Rica