I am just beginning to plan our family's first trip to CR next March. We will be arriving in San Jose on a Monday and leaving the following Monday. We are a family of 4 with 2 teen daughters (12 and 14).
I was thinking of the following itinerary, but had heard that Monteverde may not be worth the effort and wanted to get your feedback on whether this is too much:
Day 1: Arrive SJO and transfer to Arenal
Day 2: Arenal
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Morning Activity in Arenal and then transfer to Monteverde
Day 5: Activity in Monteverde and then Transfer to Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Transfer back to SJO in the morning for our afternoon flight.
Again, I'm just starting this so any thoughts/insight would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 2 Rental Car in Mexico
- 3 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help
- 4 Packing for Ambergris Caye
- 5 Costa Rica--first time
- 6 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 7 caravan tour of costa rica
- 8 Blue Hole
- 9 Car rental in Cancun
- 10 Proposal
- 11 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 12 driving from laredo to the pacific side
- 13 Itinerary help for 7 days out of Cancun to beaches and Ruins!
- 14 Villa, hotel recommendations for 3 families, 6 kids in Costa Rica
- 15 Gran Hotel de Querataro
- 16 Seaweed
- 17 Honeymoon itinerary help!
- 18 Some suggestions for Mayan Riveria
- 19 Savegre Hotel
- 20 The russians are coming to Nicaragua
- 21 Guanacaste & Puntarenas
- 22 Tours starting and ending in Liberia, Costa Rica?
- 23 Canopy Zip-RAIL rollercoaster
- 24 Saving Unspoiled Guanaja
- 25 Arenal Observatory Lodge?