I am just beginning to plan our family's first trip to CR next March. We will be arriving in San Jose on a Monday and leaving the following Monday. We are a family of 4 with 2 teen daughters (12 and 14).
I was thinking of the following itinerary, but had heard that Monteverde may not be worth the effort and wanted to get your feedback on whether this is too much:
Day 1: Arrive SJO and transfer to Arenal
Day 2: Arenal
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Morning Activity in Arenal and then transfer to Monteverde
Day 5: Activity in Monteverde and then Transfer to Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Transfer back to SJO in the morning for our afternoon flight.
Again, I'm just starting this so any thoughts/insight would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ruta Puuc, Yucatan
- 2 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 3 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 4 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 5 Antigua, GT Apartment
- 6 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 7 Taking bus to Montevede,Costa Rica
- 8 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 9 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 10 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 11 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 12 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 13 driving down through mexico
- 14 Things to do in Cabo
- 15 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 16 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 17 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 18 Planning a trip to Panama
- 19 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 20 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 21 Driving in Mexico
- 22 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 23 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 24 unsafe?
- 25 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen