I am just beginning to plan our family's first trip to CR next March. We will be arriving in San Jose on a Monday and leaving the following Monday. We are a family of 4 with 2 teen daughters (12 and 14).
I was thinking of the following itinerary, but had heard that Monteverde may not be worth the effort and wanted to get your feedback on whether this is too much:
Day 1: Arrive SJO and transfer to Arenal
Day 2: Arenal
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Morning Activity in Arenal and then transfer to Monteverde
Day 5: Activity in Monteverde and then Transfer to Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Transfer back to SJO in the morning for our afternoon flight.
Again, I'm just starting this so any thoughts/insight would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Planning a car trip
- 2 6 weeks in Costa Rica
- 3 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 4 Riviera Maya: Five Days of Peace & Plenty
- 5 DF: Any's Hostal vs Dos Fridas y Diego re location
- 6 2 months in nicaragua - solo female
- 7 first timers planning our own trip
- 8 spa resort: HELP Cabo or Costa Rica?
- 9 Beach for kids in CR
- 10 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 11 16 Nights Mexico - Must Do??
- 12 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 13 Fiesta de Carnaval on Ambergris Caye
- 14 Costa Rica itinerary
- 15 Oscar y Lalos is no longer on the beach - time to update the guidebook
- 16 Suggestions needed for a family trip on the cheap
- 17 Four days in Panama.. Where to get out of the city before coming back?
- 18 HoneyMoon - Gutemala - Mexico
- 19 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 20 Costa Rica - First trip itinerary, jaguar rescue center visit
- 21 La Fortuna via Poas
- 22 Costa Rica - Arenal & Tamarindo questions
- 23 Sleeping At San Jose Airport
- 24 Entering Guatemala on a One-Way Ticket
- 25 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter