I am just beginning to plan our family's first trip to CR next March. We will be arriving in San Jose on a Monday and leaving the following Monday. We are a family of 4 with 2 teen daughters (12 and 14).
I was thinking of the following itinerary, but had heard that Monteverde may not be worth the effort and wanted to get your feedback on whether this is too much:
Day 1: Arrive SJO and transfer to Arenal
Day 2: Arenal
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Morning Activity in Arenal and then transfer to Monteverde
Day 5: Activity in Monteverde and then Transfer to Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Transfer back to SJO in the morning for our afternoon flight.
Again, I'm just starting this so any thoughts/insight would be much appreciated.
7 Days in Cost Rica--asking for advice
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 driving question
- 2 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 3 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 4 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 5 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 6 Departure tax
- 7 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 8 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 9 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 10 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 11 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 12 Costa Rica first timers
- 13 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 14 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 15 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 16 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 17 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 18 think twice before using expedia
- 19 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 20 best places in Baja
- 21 Beachfront in Tulum
- 22 Belize, first time
- 23 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 24 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 25 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered