I am just beginning to plan our family's first trip to CR next March. We will be arriving in San Jose on a Monday and leaving the following Monday. We are a family of 4 with 2 teen daughters (12 and 14).
I was thinking of the following itinerary, but had heard that Monteverde may not be worth the effort and wanted to get your feedback on whether this is too much:
Day 1: Arrive SJO and transfer to Arenal
Day 2: Arenal
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Morning Activity in Arenal and then transfer to Monteverde
Day 5: Activity in Monteverde and then Transfer to Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Transfer back to SJO in the morning for our afternoon flight.
Again, I'm just starting this so any thoughts/insight would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 2 Mexico City and...?
- 3 Tamarindo for Seniors
- 4 Solo touring in Panama City
- 5 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 6 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 7 Driving in CR
- 8 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 9 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 10 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 11 Tamarindo Sept
- 12 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 13 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 14 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 15 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 16 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 17 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 18 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 19 Renting Car in Mexico
- 20 Cancun All inclusive
- 21 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 22 Belize in mid September
- 23 Mexico City Airport hotel transportation question
- 24 Budget Belize
- 25 3 weeks in PV next summer with kids