I am just beginning to plan our family's first trip to CR next March. We will be arriving in San Jose on a Monday and leaving the following Monday. We are a family of 4 with 2 teen daughters (12 and 14).
I was thinking of the following itinerary, but had heard that Monteverde may not be worth the effort and wanted to get your feedback on whether this is too much:
Day 1: Arrive SJO and transfer to Arenal
Day 2: Arenal
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Morning Activity in Arenal and then transfer to Monteverde
Day 5: Activity in Monteverde and then Transfer to Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Transfer back to SJO in the morning for our afternoon flight.
Again, I'm just starting this so any thoughts/insight would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 2 Image Revive will work out exactly as planned as though
- 3 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 4 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 5 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 6 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 7 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 8 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 9 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 10 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 11 Merida in March
- 12 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 13 Mexico in March - questions
- 14 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 15 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 16 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 17 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 18 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 19 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 20 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 21 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 22 travel in Yucatan
- 23 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 24 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 25 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize