I am just beginning to plan our family's first trip to CR next March. We will be arriving in San Jose on a Monday and leaving the following Monday. We are a family of 4 with 2 teen daughters (12 and 14).
I was thinking of the following itinerary, but had heard that Monteverde may not be worth the effort and wanted to get your feedback on whether this is too much:
Day 1: Arrive SJO and transfer to Arenal
Day 2: Arenal
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Morning Activity in Arenal and then transfer to Monteverde
Day 5: Activity in Monteverde and then Transfer to Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Transfer back to SJO in the morning for our afternoon flight.
Again, I'm just starting this so any thoughts/insight would be much appreciated.
7 Days in Cost Rica--asking for advice
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica accomodation suggestions for Christmas week
- 2 Which Dive shop is best for snorkeling boat tour in akumal
- 3 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 4 Embera Village
- 5 an evening in San Jose...?
- 6 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 7 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 8 Food at Leon airport?
- 9 Food at Leon airport?
- 10 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 11 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 12 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 13 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 14 Costa Rica & Panama
- 15 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 16 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 17 Tela and La Ceiba
- 18 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 19 March/April weather
- 20 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 21 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 22 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 23 One Week in Southern Belize
- 24 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 25 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!