I am just beginning to plan our family's first trip to CR next March. We will be arriving in San Jose on a Monday and leaving the following Monday. We are a family of 4 with 2 teen daughters (12 and 14).
I was thinking of the following itinerary, but had heard that Monteverde may not be worth the effort and wanted to get your feedback on whether this is too much:
Day 1: Arrive SJO and transfer to Arenal
Day 2: Arenal
Day 3: Arenal
Day 4: Morning Activity in Arenal and then transfer to Monteverde
Day 5: Activity in Monteverde and then Transfer to Manuel Antonio
Day 6: Manuel Antonio
Day 7: Manuel Antonio
Day 8: Transfer back to SJO in the morning for our afternoon flight.
Again, I'm just starting this so any thoughts/insight would be much appreciated.
7 Days in Cost Rica--asking for advice
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 2 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 3 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 4 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 5 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 6 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 7 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 8 Easter (or Semana Santa) in Nicaragua
- 9 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 10 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 11 Leo Rodriguez is a great local guide/drive
- 12 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 13 6 days in Cancun and Riviera Maya end of May
- 14 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 15 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 16 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 17 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 18 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 19 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 20 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 21 Bus from Guatemala City to Nicaragua
- 22 Costa Rica
- 23 Car Service from Cancun Airport
- 24 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 25 Costa Rica tentative Itinerary - input please