So I'm off to Central America for 9 weeks!
In that time I will pass through the following 7 countries:
Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama.
The longest time I will spend in any one country is Mexico (about 2-3 weeks) and Panama (2 weeks).
I'm planning on taking 2 Visa cards with me (one credit, one debit) and some USD.
Any tips on managing currencies as I move through the different countries?
I'm assuming if I use USD they would give change in their respective currency.
Any money/safety advice at all really would be appreciated.
Thanks as always!
I am on a tour and all accommodation has been previously paid for.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 2 Is it REALLY worth Including San Cristobal in my Yucatan Itinerary
- 3 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 4 Renting Car in Mexico
- 5 Car Rental in Cancun
- 6 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 7 Costa Rica
- 8 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 9 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 10 reliable car rental company??
- 11 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 12 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 13 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 14 Planning a trip to Panama
- 15 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 16 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 17 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 18 best air route san diego to san jose
- 19 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 20 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 21 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 22 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 23 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 24 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 25 Puerto Vallarta