So I'm off to Central America for 9 weeks!
In that time I will pass through the following 7 countries:
Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama.
The longest time I will spend in any one country is Mexico (about 2-3 weeks) and Panama (2 weeks).
I'm planning on taking 2 Visa cards with me (one credit, one debit) and some USD.
Any tips on managing currencies as I move through the different countries?
I'm assuming if I use USD they would give change in their respective currency.
Any money/safety advice at all really would be appreciated.
Thanks as always!
I am on a tour and all accommodation has been previously paid for.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 GMAIL 1888 260 2909 Installation renewal contact GMAIL tec*h tec*h 24*7
- 2 Follicle RX - Make your Hair Shiny and Silky
- 3 Oaxaca for Muertos 2017
- 4 Belize itinerary help
- 5 5 days in Costa Rica First time; Please help.
- 6 Getting to Chelem from Merida Airport
- 7 live from PV !
- 8 Help choosing Spanish course / immersion in Southern Mexico
- 9 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 10 Mexico
- 11 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 12 Belize planning help
- 13 Another Yucatan trip report
- 14 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 15 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 16 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 17 2017 SMA Trip
- 18 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 19 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 20 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 21 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 22 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 23 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 24 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 25 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport