So I'm off to Central America for 9 weeks!
In that time I will pass through the following 7 countries:
Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama.
The longest time I will spend in any one country is Mexico (about 2-3 weeks) and Panama (2 weeks).
I'm planning on taking 2 Visa cards with me (one credit, one debit) and some USD.
Any tips on managing currencies as I move through the different countries?
I'm assuming if I use USD they would give change in their respective currency.
Any money/safety advice at all really would be appreciated.
Thanks as always!
I am on a tour and all accommodation has been previously paid for.
7 Countries, to exchange money/currency?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 4 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 5 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 6 Costa rica help
- 7 car rental companies
- 8 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 9 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 10 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 11 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 12 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 13 cozumel tennis
- 14 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 15 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 16 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 17 Baja California
- 18 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 19 Mexico region question
- 20 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 21 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 22 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 23 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 24 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 25 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old