So I'm off to Central America for 9 weeks!
In that time I will pass through the following 7 countries:
Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica & Panama.
The longest time I will spend in any one country is Mexico (about 2-3 weeks) and Panama (2 weeks).
I'm planning on taking 2 Visa cards with me (one credit, one debit) and some USD.
Any tips on managing currencies as I move through the different countries?
I'm assuming if I use USD they would give change in their respective currency.
Any money/safety advice at all really would be appreciated.
Thanks as always!
I am on a tour and all accommodation has been previously paid for.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 live from PV !
- 2 Mexico
- 3 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 4 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 5 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 6 Another Yucatan trip report
- 7 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 8 2017 SMA Trip
- 9 Belize planning help
- 10 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 11 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 12 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 13 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 14 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 15 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 17 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 18 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 19 Bocas ??
- 20 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 21 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca
- 22 Costa Rica Connection
- 23 Where to stay in Cayo District
- 24 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 25 Cabos to Todos Santos