Returned a few weeks ago from our 5th trip to Costa Rica. My husband and I have twin boys who are 16. We spent 3 days at Bosque del Cabo and 4 at Iguana Lodge. This turned out to be a good mix of accommodations/locations for our family. Our redeye flight from Denver arrived about 20 minutes early to San Jose on June 21. We walked over to the Sansa terminal and found that there was a flight leaving for Puerto Jimenez at 5:45 a.m., which was 2.5 hours earlier than our scheduled flight. For $15 each, they moved us to the earlier flight. We arrived in Puerto Jimenez at 6:30 and decided to head to a soda for breakfast. Soda Valeria served us a good breakfast with piña batidos, and called Bosque del Cabo (BDC) for us. BDC was able to pick us up early, so we arrive at BDC by 9:30. Our room, the Manglillo deluxe cabina, wasn't ready yet. Husband and sons decided to sleep by the pool, while I took a short hike on the trail behind the pool. To be honest, I was so excited to finally be at BDC that I couldn't sleep despite the redeye flight. I have been reading about BDC on this forum for years! About 5 minutes into the hike, I saw a couple of groups of spider monkeys and knew that this place would not disappoint.
5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Best Places to Visit in Mexico
- 2 time needed to depart San Jose airport
- 3 Costa Rica at Christmas?
- 4 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 5 Renting a car in Cancun
- 6 First trip to Ajijic-Advice Needed
- 7 Yucatan - April 2015 Mayan Ruin week trip - Need help planning
- 8 Unreliable www.cancuntransfers.com - DO NOT USE their service
- 9 best hotel for family traveling with young adults in Panama City
- 10 A Week in Montezuma
- 11 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 12 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 13 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 14 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 15 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 16 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 17 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 18 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 19 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 20 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 21 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 22 Belize Itinerary help!
- 23 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 24 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 25 Costa Rica Travel