Returned a few weeks ago from our 5th trip to Costa Rica. My husband and I have twin boys who are 16. We spent 3 days at Bosque del Cabo and 4 at Iguana Lodge. This turned out to be a good mix of accommodations/locations for our family. Our redeye flight from Denver arrived about 20 minutes early to San Jose on June 21. We walked over to the Sansa terminal and found that there was a flight leaving for Puerto Jimenez at 5:45 a.m., which was 2.5 hours earlier than our scheduled flight. For $15 each, they moved us to the earlier flight. We arrived in Puerto Jimenez at 6:30 and decided to head to a soda for breakfast. Soda Valeria served us a good breakfast with piña batidos, and called Bosque del Cabo (BDC) for us. BDC was able to pick us up early, so we arrive at BDC by 9:30. Our room, the Manglillo deluxe cabina, wasn't ready yet. Husband and sons decided to sleep by the pool, while I took a short hike on the trail behind the pool. To be honest, I was so excited to finally be at BDC that I couldn't sleep despite the redeye flight. I have been reading about BDC on this forum for years! About 5 minutes into the hike, I saw a couple of groups of spider monkeys and knew that this place would not disappoint.
5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Get Fake/Original passports..drivers liesnce
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 4 Costa Rica first timers
- 5 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 6 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 7 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 8 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 9 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 10 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 11 think twice before using expedia
- 12 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 13 best places in Baja
- 14 Beachfront in Tulum
- 15 Belize, first time
- 16 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 17 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 18 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 19 Costa Rica with young kids
- 20 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 21 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 22 Security in Oaxaca
- 23 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 24 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 25 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?