Returned a few weeks ago from our 5th trip to Costa Rica. My husband and I have twin boys who are 16. We spent 3 days at Bosque del Cabo and 4 at Iguana Lodge. This turned out to be a good mix of accommodations/locations for our family. Our redeye flight from Denver arrived about 20 minutes early to San Jose on June 21. We walked over to the Sansa terminal and found that there was a flight leaving for Puerto Jimenez at 5:45 a.m., which was 2.5 hours earlier than our scheduled flight. For $15 each, they moved us to the earlier flight. We arrived in Puerto Jimenez at 6:30 and decided to head to a soda for breakfast. Soda Valeria served us a good breakfast with piña batidos, and called Bosque del Cabo (BDC) for us. BDC was able to pick us up early, so we arrive at BDC by 9:30. Our room, the Manglillo deluxe cabina, wasn't ready yet. Husband and sons decided to sleep by the pool, while I took a short hike on the trail behind the pool. To be honest, I was so excited to finally be at BDC that I couldn't sleep despite the redeye flight. I have been reading about BDC on this forum for years! About 5 minutes into the hike, I saw a couple of groups of spider monkeys and knew that this place would not disappoint.
5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 2 The product is really effective in reducing
- 3 Food poisoning?
- 4 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 5 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 6 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 7 Mexico City
- 8 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 9 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 10 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 11 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 12 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 13 Central America travel over New Year's
- 14 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 15 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 16 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 17 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 18 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 19 Costa Rica help
- 20 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 21 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 22 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 23 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 24 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 25 Belize in June?