I am planning a trip to Costa Rica from December 7th until the 11th. My boyfriend and I have never been to Costa Rica before and are trying to relax at a luxury resort, but want to be near attractions and other things to do. We were thinking of staying at Villa Caletas outside of Jaco for 2 or 3 days (not sure how many yet) and then either 1 or 2 days possibly up by Arenal Volcano at the Tabacon Hot Springs. Does it make sense to spend 2 days outside Jaco and then head up to Tabacon? Any reccomendations on how to get from one place to another? We are consdiering renting a car, but if it is more cost effective to hire a driver (and less stressful) we could do that as well. Lastly, are those even good areas to go to? We are open to anywhere but from our preliminary research we stumbled upon VIlla Caletas and then also the Arenal Volcano area. Are we missing out by being far from Manuel Antonio?? Any advise would REALLLLY be appreciated!
5 day trip to Costa Rica with my boyfriend
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 2 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 3 Costa Rica & Panama
- 4 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 5 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 6 Tela and La Ceiba
- 7 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 8 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 9 March/April weather
- 10 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 11 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 12 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 13 One Week in Southern Belize
- 14 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 15 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!
- 16 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 17 Costa Rica four nights
- 18 One Day San Jose
- 19 Visiting Machu Picchu, Cusco for 7 days.
- 20 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 21 Costa Rica vs Bahamas
- 22 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 23 Help with Riviera Maya Beaches
- 24 Cancun AI - best beach? please help
- 25 Travel Virgins need a honeymoon spot. Help!