I am planning a trip to Costa Rica from December 7th until the 11th. My boyfriend and I have never been to Costa Rica before and are trying to relax at a luxury resort, but want to be near attractions and other things to do. We were thinking of staying at Villa Caletas outside of Jaco for 2 or 3 days (not sure how many yet) and then either 1 or 2 days possibly up by Arenal Volcano at the Tabacon Hot Springs. Does it make sense to spend 2 days outside Jaco and then head up to Tabacon? Any reccomendations on how to get from one place to another? We are consdiering renting a car, but if it is more cost effective to hire a driver (and less stressful) we could do that as well. Lastly, are those even good areas to go to? We are open to anywhere but from our preliminary research we stumbled upon VIlla Caletas and then also the Arenal Volcano area. Are we missing out by being far from Manuel Antonio?? Any advise would REALLLLY be appreciated!
5 day trip to Costa Rica with my boyfriend
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 2 Drive La Fortuna to Puerto Jiminez
- 3 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 4 Best Tour for Wildlife (Jaco, Manuel Antonio Region)
- 5 cabo san lucas - nicer hotel recs/golf
- 6 Where in CR to spend 1 or 2 mos. w/ kids?
- 7 bosque del cabo or private house in matapalo??
- 8 Shared shuttle from MEX to San Miguel de Allende (and back)?
- 9 Roadtrip Arizona
- 10 Monteverde and Dominical--Doable??
- 11 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 12 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 13 10 Days in Belize and Guatemala
- 14 Belize, first time
- 15 driving question
- 16 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 17 Car Rental Cancun and Tulum
- 18 our detailed report from manuel antonio
- 19 coffee plantation tour gautemela
- 20 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 21 Departure tax
- 22 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 23 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 24 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 25 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua