I am planning a trip to Costa Rica from December 7th until the 11th. My boyfriend and I have never been to Costa Rica before and are trying to relax at a luxury resort, but want to be near attractions and other things to do. We were thinking of staying at Villa Caletas outside of Jaco for 2 or 3 days (not sure how many yet) and then either 1 or 2 days possibly up by Arenal Volcano at the Tabacon Hot Springs. Does it make sense to spend 2 days outside Jaco and then head up to Tabacon? Any reccomendations on how to get from one place to another? We are consdiering renting a car, but if it is more cost effective to hire a driver (and less stressful) we could do that as well. Lastly, are those even good areas to go to? We are open to anywhere but from our preliminary research we stumbled upon VIlla Caletas and then also the Arenal Volcano area. Are we missing out by being far from Manuel Antonio?? Any advise would REALLLLY be appreciated!
5 day trip to Costa Rica with my boyfriend
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 2 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 3 Merida-where to stay
- 4 Mexico City Hotels
- 5 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 6 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 7 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 8 Snorkeling
- 9 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 10 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 11 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 12 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 13 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 14 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip
- 15 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 16 Family friendly restaurants in Playa del Carmen with good food?
- 17 Guanacaste, based in Playa Grande
- 18 Best restaurants in Mexico City & San Miguel de Allende
- 19 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 20 Albuterol inhalers and prescription orthotics in Panama?
- 21 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport
- 22 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 23 Single Women traveling to Costa Rica
- 24 Isla Mujeres RELAXTION and FUN must do's
- 25 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!