I am planning a trip to Costa Rica from December 7th until the 11th. My boyfriend and I have never been to Costa Rica before and are trying to relax at a luxury resort, but want to be near attractions and other things to do. We were thinking of staying at Villa Caletas outside of Jaco for 2 or 3 days (not sure how many yet) and then either 1 or 2 days possibly up by Arenal Volcano at the Tabacon Hot Springs. Does it make sense to spend 2 days outside Jaco and then head up to Tabacon? Any reccomendations on how to get from one place to another? We are consdiering renting a car, but if it is more cost effective to hire a driver (and less stressful) we could do that as well. Lastly, are those even good areas to go to? We are open to anywhere but from our preliminary research we stumbled upon VIlla Caletas and then also the Arenal Volcano area. Are we missing out by being far from Manuel Antonio?? Any advise would REALLLLY be appreciated!
5 day trip to Costa Rica with my boyfriend
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica- 1 week September
- 2 Cancun AI - best beach? please help
- 3 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 4 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 5 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 6 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 7 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 8 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 9 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 10 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 11 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 12 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 13 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 14 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 15 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 16 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 17 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 18 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 19 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 20 Merida-where to stay
- 21 Mexico City Hotels
- 22 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 23 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 24 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 25 Snorkeling