Me and my partner are planning a 4 week trip to Central America in August of 2013.
We are trying to sort a rough plan now but are having difficulty as seems to be so many places to see! We are thinking of flying into Cancun (as it seems to be the cheapest) and would like to go to Belize and Guatemala (any must see places??). We are not sure whether to go to Honduras and fly out of there or pop down to Nicaragua with the hope of flying out of Costa Rica?
A few people I have spoken to have recommended Nicaragua but I'm not sure if thats a little too far for a 4 week trip?
Any advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 2 driving down through mexico
- 3 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 4 Things to do in Cabo
- 5 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 6 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 7 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 8 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 9 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 10 Planning a trip to Panama
- 11 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 12 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 13 Driving in Mexico
- 14 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 15 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 16 unsafe?
- 17 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 18 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 19 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 20 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 21 Driving in Costa Rica
- 22 Playa Mujeres
- 23 zip line (and other activities) for (very) young kids in Guanacaste?
- 24 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?
- 25 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan