I am new to this forum spending most of my Fodors time in the Africa forums! I am planning to take a month of in late-jan to late feb and was thinking of Panama. I started researching but am a little overwhelmed. I am a wildlife photographer so access to this is a priority-but also just want time to lay low and relax. I want to split our time, but also don't want to move 4 times. So maybe 2 and 2? I am told Darien is a top spot for wildlife photography. Would welcome any suggestions on how to get started on this...given how late I am! Oh-would also be interested in hiring a guide specializing in wildlife for a few days if anyone has worked with one.
Price range is moderate. Not budget, and not lux. We will be 2 women.
30 days in Panama for wildlife photography
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Do I need an SUV for riviera maya vacation
- 2 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 3 Costa Rica Vacation
- 4 mayan ruins family trip
- 5 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 6 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 7 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 8 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 9 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 10 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 11 How safe is driving a car through Mexico
- 12 Playa del Carmen
- 13 Cancun - may or JUne 2015
- 14 Help us find the perfect AI Resort
- 15 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 16 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 17 Mexico
- 18 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 19 Trip ideas needed please
- 20 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 21 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 22 Monterrey, Mexico Safety
- 23 Panama Travelogue (Panama City & Rainforest, Boquete, Bocas del Toro)
- 24 Work Exchanges in Costa Rica? Please help!
- 25 buying silver jewelry in cancun