I am new to this forum spending most of my Fodors time in the Africa forums! I am planning to take a month of in late-jan to late feb and was thinking of Panama. I started researching but am a little overwhelmed. I am a wildlife photographer so access to this is a priority-but also just want time to lay low and relax. I want to split our time, but also don't want to move 4 times. So maybe 2 and 2? I am told Darien is a top spot for wildlife photography. Would welcome any suggestions on how to get started on this...given how late I am! Oh-would also be interested in hiring a guide specializing in wildlife for a few days if anyone has worked with one.
Price range is moderate. Not budget, and not lux. We will be 2 women.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 2 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 3 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 4 In Cancun right now..
- 5 Gluten Free Belize
- 6 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 7 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 8 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 9 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 10 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 11 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 12 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 13 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 14 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 15 Places to stay in Belize
- 16 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 17 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 18 flights to san Jose, costa rica
- 19 Self-directed day trips from Riu Guanacaste?
- 20 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 21 Resort with nightlife for 40th bday
- 22 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 23 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 24 Trip report: Mexico City and San Miguel de Allende 4/15
- 25 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?