I am new to this forum spending most of my Fodors time in the Africa forums! I am planning to take a month of in late-jan to late feb and was thinking of Panama. I started researching but am a little overwhelmed. I am a wildlife photographer so access to this is a priority-but also just want time to lay low and relax. I want to split our time, but also don't want to move 4 times. So maybe 2 and 2? I am told Darien is a top spot for wildlife photography. Would welcome any suggestions on how to get started on this...given how late I am! Oh-would also be interested in hiring a guide specializing in wildlife for a few days if anyone has worked with one.
Price range is moderate. Not budget, and not lux. We will be 2 women.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 2 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 3 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 4 Mexico in March - questions
- 5 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 6 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 7 Merida in March
- 8 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 9 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 10 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 11 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 12 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 13 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 14 travel in Yucatan
- 15 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 16 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 17 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 18 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 19 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 20 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 21 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 22 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 23 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco
- 24 Brunch / Lunch for 8 with fix price?
- 25 Another Yucatan trip report