I am new to this forum spending most of my Fodors time in the Africa forums! I am planning to take a month of in late-jan to late feb and was thinking of Panama. I started researching but am a little overwhelmed. I am a wildlife photographer so access to this is a priority-but also just want time to lay low and relax. I want to split our time, but also don't want to move 4 times. So maybe 2 and 2? I am told Darien is a top spot for wildlife photography. Would welcome any suggestions on how to get started on this...given how late I am! Oh-would also be interested in hiring a guide specializing in wildlife for a few days if anyone has worked with one.
Price range is moderate. Not budget, and not lux. We will be 2 women.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 NEED HELP WITH DAY OF THE DEAD AND BUTTERFLIES TRIP
- 2 Uncrowded Experience in Yucatan
- 3 30th wedding anniversary trip planning - Mexico
- 4 Guatemala trip tribute Part II
- 5 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 6 Two active couples looking for accommodations in Costa Rica
- 7 Costa Rica - Staying in Playa Hermosa??
- 8 Guanajuato
- 9 Costa Rica January
- 10 Need a 2 bedroom hotel room in Historical district
- 11 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 12 Shopping
- 13 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 14 Yucatan travel guide recommendations
- 15 Driving in Belize
- 16 Mexico itinerary for 8-9 days
- 17 Guatemala trip tribute Part I
- 18 Roatan
- 19 Mexico City and...?
- 20 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 21 Isla Mujeres over Thanksgiving
- 22 First time to cabo helP??
- 23 driving colorado to costa rica
- 24 6 months - too much?
- 25 Cancun Transfer Timing