I am new to this forum spending most of my Fodors time in the Africa forums! I am planning to take a month of in late-jan to late feb and was thinking of Panama. I started researching but am a little overwhelmed. I am a wildlife photographer so access to this is a priority-but also just want time to lay low and relax. I want to split our time, but also don't want to move 4 times. So maybe 2 and 2? I am told Darien is a top spot for wildlife photography. Would welcome any suggestions on how to get started on this...given how late I am! Oh-would also be interested in hiring a guide specializing in wildlife for a few days if anyone has worked with one.
Price range is moderate. Not budget, and not lux. We will be 2 women.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Safety for a Solo Female in Acapulco
- 2 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 3 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 4 Copa Airlines?
- 5 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 6 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 7 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 8 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 9 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 10 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 11 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 12 Tulum (camping)
- 13 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 14 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 15 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 16 Riviera Maya
- 17 Excursions
- 18 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 19 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?
- 20 How early to book Mexico vacation from SF?
- 21 Peurto Escondido or PV (please help!)
- 22 Costa Rica 8 days in Feb
- 23 Eric Brahms
- 24 Where to stay in Oaxaca, Mexico?
- 25 River Lodge in Costa Rica?