I am new to this forum spending most of my Fodors time in the Africa forums! I am planning to take a month of in late-jan to late feb and was thinking of Panama. I started researching but am a little overwhelmed. I am a wildlife photographer so access to this is a priority-but also just want time to lay low and relax. I want to split our time, but also don't want to move 4 times. So maybe 2 and 2? I am told Darien is a top spot for wildlife photography. Would welcome any suggestions on how to get started on this...given how late I am! Oh-would also be interested in hiring a guide specializing in wildlife for a few days if anyone has worked with one.
Price range is moderate. Not budget, and not lux. We will be 2 women.
30 days in Panama for wildlife photography
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 2 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 3 Sim card and power
- 4 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 5 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 6 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 7 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 8 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 9 Mexico region question
- 10 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 11 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 12 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 13 Costa rica help
- 14 car rental companies
- 15 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 16 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 17 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 18 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 19 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 20 cozumel tennis
- 21 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 22 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 23 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 24 Baja California
- 25 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun