I am new to this forum spending most of my Fodors time in the Africa forums! I am planning to take a month of in late-jan to late feb and was thinking of Panama. I started researching but am a little overwhelmed. I am a wildlife photographer so access to this is a priority-but also just want time to lay low and relax. I want to split our time, but also don't want to move 4 times. So maybe 2 and 2? I am told Darien is a top spot for wildlife photography. Would welcome any suggestions on how to get started on this...given how late I am! Oh-would also be interested in hiring a guide specializing in wildlife for a few days if anyone has worked with one.
Price range is moderate. Not budget, and not lux. We will be 2 women.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico in 8 days
- 2 PV: up the hill or closer to the beach?
- 3 Is it REALLY worth Including San Cristobal in my Yucatan Itinerary
- 4 Overdue trip teport (Chiapas and Yucatan, February 2012)
- 5 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 6 reliable car rental company??
- 7 17 & 18 year olds Spring Break?
- 8 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 9 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 10 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 11 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 12 Sayulita in September
- 13 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 14 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 15 Renting Car in Mexico
- 16 Car Rental in Cancun
- 17 Costa Rica
- 18 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 19 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 20 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 21 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 22 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 23 Planning a trip to Panama
- 24 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 25 Driving from Mexico to Belize