I am new to this forum spending most of my Fodors time in the Africa forums! I am planning to take a month of in late-jan to late feb and was thinking of Panama. I started researching but am a little overwhelmed. I am a wildlife photographer so access to this is a priority-but also just want time to lay low and relax. I want to split our time, but also don't want to move 4 times. So maybe 2 and 2? I am told Darien is a top spot for wildlife photography. Would welcome any suggestions on how to get started on this...given how late I am! Oh-would also be interested in hiring a guide specializing in wildlife for a few days if anyone has worked with one.
Price range is moderate. Not budget, and not lux. We will be 2 women.
30 days in Panama for wildlife photography
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 2 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 3 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 4 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 5 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 6 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 7 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 8 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 9 Central America travel over New Year's
- 10 Mexico City
- 11 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 12 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 13 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 14 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 15 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 16 Costa Rica help
- 17 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 18 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 19 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 20 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 21 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 22 Belize in June?
- 23 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY
- 24 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 25 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar