My wife and I are getting ready to book a flight for our second trip to Guatemala and I have a few questions to hopefully help me decide on a trip length - either 7 or 9 days.
Our last trip was a 6 day trip which basically consisted of Antigua and Tikal / Yaxha / Nakum. This trip we are looking to hit some places we didn't have time for last trip - namely the Lake Atitlan area, a half day at the Chichi market, and the rest of time just probably exploring the Antigua area again...or at least leaving that part open to whatever comes up!
I was hoping to hear from some of you regarding what you think a decent amount of time to spend at the lake (probably based in Pana) would be...other than "forever". Will two full days there be enough to get a taste of things, or should I book the 9 day trip and thing more along the lines of 4 days near the lake, including Chichi and 4 days in the Antigua area? Really looking for advice as to some cool "can't miss" places / activities around the lake so I can kinda get a feel. And we're not opposed to just chilling out for a few days in ANY area...we're on a lower-end budget trip this time anyway.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Transport From Tocumen to Panama City
- 2 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 3 Uncrowded Experience in Yucatan
- 4 NEED HELP WITH DAY OF THE DEAD AND BUTTERFLIES TRIP
- 5 Two active couples looking for accommodations in Costa Rica
- 6 Costa Rica - Staying in Playa Hermosa??
- 7 Guanajuato
- 8 Costa Rica January
- 9 Need a 2 bedroom hotel room in Historical district
- 10 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 11 Shopping
- 12 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 13 Yucatan travel guide recommendations
- 14 Driving in Belize
- 15 30th wedding anniversary trip planning - Mexico
- 16 Mexico itinerary for 8-9 days
- 17 Guatemala trip tribute Part I
- 18 Guatemala trip tribute Part II
- 19 Roatan
- 20 Mexico City and...?
- 21 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 22 Isla Mujeres over Thanksgiving
- 23 First time to cabo helP??
- 24 driving colorado to costa rica
- 25 6 months - too much?