My wife and I are getting ready to book a flight for our second trip to Guatemala and I have a few questions to hopefully help me decide on a trip length - either 7 or 9 days.
Our last trip was a 6 day trip which basically consisted of Antigua and Tikal / Yaxha / Nakum. This trip we are looking to hit some places we didn't have time for last trip - namely the Lake Atitlan area, a half day at the Chichi market, and the rest of time just probably exploring the Antigua area again...or at least leaving that part open to whatever comes up!
I was hoping to hear from some of you regarding what you think a decent amount of time to spend at the lake (probably based in Pana) would be...other than "forever". Will two full days there be enough to get a taste of things, or should I book the 9 day trip and thing more along the lines of 4 days near the lake, including Chichi and 4 days in the Antigua area? Really looking for advice as to some cool "can't miss" places / activities around the lake so I can kinda get a feel. And we're not opposed to just chilling out for a few days in ANY area...we're on a lower-end budget trip this time anyway.
2nd Trip - Lake Atitlan Adive?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 2 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 3 Costa rica help
- 4 car rental companies
- 5 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 6 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 7 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 8 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo