My wife and I are getting ready to book a flight for our second trip to Guatemala and I have a few questions to hopefully help me decide on a trip length - either 7 or 9 days.
Our last trip was a 6 day trip which basically consisted of Antigua and Tikal / Yaxha / Nakum. This trip we are looking to hit some places we didn't have time for last trip - namely the Lake Atitlan area, a half day at the Chichi market, and the rest of time just probably exploring the Antigua area again...or at least leaving that part open to whatever comes up!
I was hoping to hear from some of you regarding what you think a decent amount of time to spend at the lake (probably based in Pana) would be...other than "forever". Will two full days there be enough to get a taste of things, or should I book the 9 day trip and thing more along the lines of 4 days near the lake, including Chichi and 4 days in the Antigua area? Really looking for advice as to some cool "can't miss" places / activities around the lake so I can kinda get a feel. And we're not opposed to just chilling out for a few days in ANY area...we're on a lower-end budget trip this time anyway.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 LEXMARK 1800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ LEXMARK printer TEC*h 24/7
- 2 Getting to Chelem from Merida Airport
- 3 live from PV !
- 4 Belize itinerary help
- 5 Help choosing Spanish course / immersion in Southern Mexico
- 6 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 7 Mexico
- 8 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 9 Belize planning help
- 10 Another Yucatan trip report
- 11 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 12 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 13 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 14 2017 SMA Trip
- 15 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 16 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 17 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 18 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 19 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 20 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 21 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 22 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 23 Bocas ??
- 24 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 25 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca