My wife and I are getting ready to book a flight for our second trip to Guatemala and I have a few questions to hopefully help me decide on a trip length - either 7 or 9 days.
Our last trip was a 6 day trip which basically consisted of Antigua and Tikal / Yaxha / Nakum. This trip we are looking to hit some places we didn't have time for last trip - namely the Lake Atitlan area, a half day at the Chichi market, and the rest of time just probably exploring the Antigua area again...or at least leaving that part open to whatever comes up!
I was hoping to hear from some of you regarding what you think a decent amount of time to spend at the lake (probably based in Pana) would be...other than "forever". Will two full days there be enough to get a taste of things, or should I book the 9 day trip and thing more along the lines of 4 days near the lake, including Chichi and 4 days in the Antigua area? Really looking for advice as to some cool "can't miss" places / activities around the lake so I can kinda get a feel. And we're not opposed to just chilling out for a few days in ANY area...we're on a lower-end budget trip this time anyway.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 2 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 3 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 4 Mexico in March - questions
- 5 Merida in March
- 6 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 7 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 8 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 9 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 10 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 11 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 12 travel in Yucatan
- 13 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 14 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 15 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 16 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 17 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 18 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 19 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 20 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 21 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco
- 22 Brunch / Lunch for 8 with fix price?
- 23 Another Yucatan trip report
- 24 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 25 Cabo San Lucas weather in November