My wife and I are getting ready to book a flight for our second trip to Guatemala and I have a few questions to hopefully help me decide on a trip length - either 7 or 9 days.
Our last trip was a 6 day trip which basically consisted of Antigua and Tikal / Yaxha / Nakum. This trip we are looking to hit some places we didn't have time for last trip - namely the Lake Atitlan area, a half day at the Chichi market, and the rest of time just probably exploring the Antigua area again...or at least leaving that part open to whatever comes up!
I was hoping to hear from some of you regarding what you think a decent amount of time to spend at the lake (probably based in Pana) would be...other than "forever". Will two full days there be enough to get a taste of things, or should I book the 9 day trip and thing more along the lines of 4 days near the lake, including Chichi and 4 days in the Antigua area? Really looking for advice as to some cool "can't miss" places / activities around the lake so I can kinda get a feel. And we're not opposed to just chilling out for a few days in ANY area...we're on a lower-end budget trip this time anyway.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 2 driving down through mexico
- 3 Things to do in Cabo
- 4 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 5 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 6 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 7 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 8 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 9 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 10 Planning a trip to Panama
- 11 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 12 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 13 Driving in Mexico
- 14 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 15 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 16 unsafe?
- 17 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 18 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 19 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 20 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 21 Driving in Costa Rica
- 22 Playa Mujeres
- 23 zip line (and other activities) for (very) young kids in Guanacaste?
- 24 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?
- 25 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan