Hi. We are taking a last minute trip to Costa Rica in Feb. I don't know anyone who has traveled there so I need a little help. We are in our 40's and looking for a beach resort for some of our trip to relax (maybe 4 star). We also want to try zip lining, horse back riding and maybe snorkeling. After reading about Costa Rica online it seems like I should really be around Arenal for activities but Tamarindo Beach for the Beach resorts. They are not close. We are flying into SJO but we maybe could fly out of LIR to end up by the beaches. What would be the best way to get to Tamarindo from Arenal? Such a short time frame but I would like to experience as much as possible withat least 1 day on the beach. Any suggestions? would really appreciate it. Any good resorts in Arenal?
1st time Costa Rica 5 day trip?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 2 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 3 Sim card and power
- 4 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 5 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 6 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 7 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 8 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 9 Mexico region question
- 10 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 11 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 12 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 13 Costa rica help
- 14 car rental companies
- 15 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 16 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 17 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 18 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 19 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 20 cozumel tennis
- 21 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 22 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 23 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 24 Baja California
- 25 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun