We have a reservation at Mahekal resort in Playa del Carmen for a week in January. We have already paid (billed to credit card) the substantial deposit. Received email from resort manager informing us that the Mexican government has increased by 5% the VAT starting 1/1/14, so tax on our accommodations will now amount to 19%. Has anyone else received a similar notice from hotel for reservation after the new year?
19% tax on hotel rooms in Quintana Roo
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 2 Costa Rica Itinerary Help!
- 3 5 Star NOT AI Beachfront Playa del Carmen
- 4 Belize
- 5 Planning trip to Panama
- 6 Car Rental in Panama
- 7 Copa Airlines?
- 8 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 9 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 10 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 11 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 12 bicycle through central america
- 13 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 14 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 15 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 16 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 17 Panama
- 18 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 19 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 20 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 21 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 22 Costa Rica
- 23 Which of these locations?
- 24 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 25 B & B in Oaxaca?