We have a reservation at Mahekal resort in Playa del Carmen for a week in January. We have already paid (billed to credit card) the substantial deposit. Received email from resort manager informing us that the Mexican government has increased by 5% the VAT starting 1/1/14, so tax on our accommodations will now amount to 19%. Has anyone else received a similar notice from hotel for reservation after the new year?
19% tax on hotel rooms in Quintana Roo
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 2 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 3 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 4 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 5 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 6 Costa Rica questions
- 7 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 8 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 9 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 10 Guatemala customs question
- 11 Rainy season
- 12 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 13 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 14 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 15 booking rooms for spring break
- 16 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 17 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 18 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 19 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 20 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 21 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 22 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 23 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 24 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 25 Mextrotter