We have a reservation at Mahekal resort in Playa del Carmen for a week in January. We have already paid (billed to credit card) the substantial deposit. Received email from resort manager informing us that the Mexican government has increased by 5% the VAT starting 1/1/14, so tax on our accommodations will now amount to 19%. Has anyone else received a similar notice from hotel for reservation after the new year?
19% tax on hotel rooms in Quintana Roo
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 2 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 3 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 4 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 5 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 6 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 7 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 8 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 9 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 10 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 13 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 14 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 15 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 16 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 17 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 18 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 19 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 20 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 21 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 22 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 23 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres
- 24 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 25 Driving adventure