I am looking at taking my very first trip to Costa Rica this summer. i have spent the past couple of weeks looking for places to stay and things to do, and I think I have come up with a fairly good itinerary. However, I want to get the advice of people who have traveled to Costa Rica before, and not just the advice from guide books. So, here is the itinerary. Let me know what you think.
Day 1: Arrive in San Jose, Drive to Manuel Antonio
Day 2: Manuel Antonio
Day 3: Manuel Antonio
Day 4: Manuel Antonio
Day 5: Drive to Montezuma Area
Day 6: Montezuma Area
Day 7: Montezuma Area
Day 8: Drive to Monteverde
Day 9: Monteverde
Day 10: Drive to Arenal Volcano Area
Day 11: Arenal Volcano Area
Day 12: Arenal Volcano Area
Day 13: Drive to Poas Volcano
Day 14: Drive to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Day 15: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Day 16: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Day 17: These last three days are my flex days. I don't really have a plan for these, so any suggestions on what to do with these days would be greatly appreciated. Is there another place that I should try to go? Or should I add these days to areas that I am already going?
Day 18: Flex
Day 19: Flex
Day 20: Leave SJO
So, let me know what you guys think about this itinerary. Are there any places that I left out that I should include, or any places that I should leave out? Also, I would really like lots of suggestions on drives I should make between these places. I know Costa Rica is a very beautiful country, so I am just assuming that there has to be at least a few pretty drives that I should not miss. Let me know what you think. Any suggestions whatsoever are greatly appreciated. I am look for suggestions on just about everything! Thank you in advance! I look forward to reading your responses.
Extra Info (incase you wanted it): I am planning on renting a car, and driving basically everywhere that I go. I will be taking this trip with my family aged 51,46,21,19, and 17. We love hiking, snorkeling, wildlife viewing, relaxing at the beach, and we are basically open to trying anything.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 주식수수료무료 무료주식정보 oninve.com
- 2 Cancun all inclusive
- 3 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 4 Returning home
- 5 Advice Needed For a Trip to Belize
- 6 Suggested destinations, Yucatan Peninsula, Xmas/NYE.
- 7 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 8 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 9 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 10 Expired Mexican Passport going to Mexico
- 11 Recommendations for family vacation in Puerto Vallarta or other ideas???
- 12 White hair in Valladolid....
- 13 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 14 Roatan
- 15 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 16 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 17 Puerto Vallarta Easter Weekend 2017
- 18 Driving Time
- 19 Guanajuato
- 20 best new site in costa rica
- 21 Family of 13 travelling week of Christmas
- 22 Help with open jaw itinerary Oaxaca to beach
- 23 Costa Rica
- 24 Gran Caribe Resort
- 25 Some questions about Belize