I wanted to let you know that October is anti-bullying month. As members of an active forum, we know all too well that bullying isn't reserved for face-to-face communications. Because of this, I wanted to take a few minutes to remind everyone of our policy on personal attacks.
As our guidelines state (http://www.fodors.com/faq/joining.cfm#join2):
Keep it positive and welcoming to a general audience.
The anonymity of the forums sometimes leads people to say things they wouldn't in a face-to face-conversation. Please remain civil and refrain from personal attacks on other posters. Sarcasm, no matter its intent, is a tricky thing to interpret online and may be perceived as a personal attack.
Personal attacks and offensive comments will be removed and can result in the suspension of your account. These include but aren't limited to:
• Profanity and other vulgar, obscene, and sexually suggestive and/or explicit language (no matter how creative the spelling)
• Attacks on an individual or group's race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual preference, political or religious beliefs, or physical characteristics
• Inflammatory material or references
If you have a problem with another poster, you are encouraged to report it to the moderators instead of engaging with the poster.
Thank you for your time and help in keeping our community fun for everyone.
October is Anti-Bullying Month
Recent ActivityView all Forums Help activity »
- 1 Jump to bottom of thread link is gone?
- 2 How do I log out of Fodor's?
- 3 Two accounts
- 4 I'm Not Reporting Abuse I'm Just Browsing!
- 5 Firefox
- 6 Will the Lounge ever be open to new posters again?
- 7 Help: font change on all my Forums pages
- 8 Travel enthusiasts – the Fodor’s team needs your help!
- 9 Fodor's site is maddeningly slow.....
- 10 Fodor's Top Stories for 2013
- 11 Who do I have to pay to get an edit feature?
- 12 New Forum
- 13 Suggestions on How to Thwart Spammers
- 14 Get rid of that banner!!!
- 15 Signing Out
- 16 BryanC - WELCOME isn't link anymore
- 17 Web site jitters..
- 18 I like the new structure but
- 19 so why is my name no longer there to click?
- 20 Suggestion re page layout (mainly a problem for iPads/tablets)
- 21 The Fodors Trafalger ad
- 22 Suggest added forum under "cruises"
- 23 "Feedback" tab
- 24 Fodors.com Planned Maintenance
- 25 Why did my font and size change on fodors?