I wanted to let you know that October is anti-bullying month. As members of an active forum, we know all too well that bullying isn't reserved for face-to-face communications. Because of this, I wanted to take a few minutes to remind everyone of our policy on personal attacks.
As our guidelines state (http://www.fodors.com/faq/joining.cfm#join2):
Keep it positive and welcoming to a general audience.
The anonymity of the forums sometimes leads people to say things they wouldn't in a face-to face-conversation. Please remain civil and refrain from personal attacks on other posters. Sarcasm, no matter its intent, is a tricky thing to interpret online and may be perceived as a personal attack.
Personal attacks and offensive comments will be removed and can result in the suspension of your account. These include but aren't limited to:
• Profanity and other vulgar, obscene, and sexually suggestive and/or explicit language (no matter how creative the spelling)
• Attacks on an individual or group's race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual preference, political or religious beliefs, or physical characteristics
• Inflammatory material or references
If you have a problem with another poster, you are encouraged to report it to the moderators instead of engaging with the poster.
Thank you for your time and help in keeping our community fun for everyone.
Recent ActivityView all Forums Help activity »
- 1 Recent Spam Attacks
- 2 Relocated
- 3 Triangle failures
- 4 Stop the Death Spiral
- 5 Can't Report Advertising or Spam
- 6 Thread on Europe board disappeared?
- 7 Confusion over platform change?
- 8 The Europe board has been entirely taken over by an Asian hack-bot
- 9 Personal Hotel and Restaurant Reviews are no longer able to be viewed??
- 10 Kindly restore Otherchelebi's excellent thread!
- 11 Swiss Travel Pass
- 12 I see the mods are asleep in the Europe forum
- 13 Thanks, Fodor's monitors!
- 14 Photos Disappeared from Profile?
- 15 southern spain
- 16 Authentication required
- 17 Pet peeve: bookmarking old threads
- 18 Student Visa from France to the Uk
- 19 Travel to Cuba from US for Spanish citizens
- 20 Rent car in Bangor & return in Halifax possibility
- 21 Spring Family Trip to Italy
- 22 Los Angeles first time - couple
- 23 Road Trip from Fulham to isle Of Skye
- 24 Itinerary for SI-nz
- 25 I broke my triangle or my triangle is broken.