Here at Fodor’s, we think about travel all day long, every day, as we work on bringing you the latest inspiration, news, tips and recommendations about your favorite destinations. To give our community a place to share their travel experiences and tips with each other as well, we created the forums over 14 years ago. Since then, it has grown into a vibrant group of globetrotters--we love having conversations about your journeys with you.
It is important to us to foster dialogue about travel, and to keep our forums a great place to find travel-related information and discussion. To that end, we have made a few updates to our Forums guidelines, particularly in regards to our advertising policy, and to the Lounge. You can find the complete new guidelines here www.fodors.com/faq/joining.cfm#join2, including several key updates, which we’ll preview here:
To reduce spam on the Forums, our advertising and spam policy has been amended to more clearly state what kinds of content are, and are not allowed, on our site. Starting today, all profiles on Fodors.com now contain a field to include a website URL. If you represent a commercial business (for example, a travel agency, hotel, or tour company) or charitable organization, please post the URL to the relevant site in your member profile instead of linking to it in your posts. This will allow interested users to be able to locate more information about your services without the Forums content being overtaken with links.
In addition to the changes in our advertising and spam policies, we’ve also adjusted our content guidelines.
From now on, all conversations on the Forums must remain travel-related. We encourage you to post your opinions and experiences as a traveler on the forums--but you are respectfully requested to not include extraneous or irrelevant information. Please know that threads containing off- topic conversations will be closed or removed.
As part of this change, and in service of our greater mission to inspire and inform travelers, we will be transitioning the Fodorite Lounge to a legacy forum, beginning Tuesday, April 23 at 9:00am EST. Current Lounge posters will still be able to view and post on the Forum, but new Fodors.com users will not have access.
Thank you for your understanding of, and participation in these changes, which we believe will help improve the Forum community experience for all users. You’re welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Senior Vice President and Publisher
Recent ActivityView all Forums Help activity »
- 1 MOZILLA 18883375333 THUNDERBIRD PHONE NUMBER
- 2 Slow and No Loading of Fodors
- 3 Volunteer Moderators are here
- 4 New Fodors VBulletin forum coming soon -- discuss!
- 5 Being banned and not understanding why
- 6 Times off by an hour
- 7 CHANGING THE TAGS ON THREADS?
- 8 Can't submit answers on threads.
- 9 U.K. Lobdon
- 10 The time stamp is off .. again
- 11 Female Traveling Solo to Moscow
- 12 I can't get "Preview" to work
- 13 Venice - Triest coast
- 14 My emails to warn you ALWAYS are returned
- 15 Feedback/help itinerary for nova scotia
- 16 Europe forum
- 17 Major Lounge changes coming soon
- 18 My name is not on the top any more when I go to the website
- 19 Contacting the editors
- 20 and threads aren't topping as they should....
- 21 Fodors time/date is wrong
- 22 posts are showing up out of order
- 23 Opera browser not working with Fodors
- 24 Did you just change the font to bold?
- 25 Student visa renewal setback