Hubby and I are heading in Zurich (mid to late 30's) next year for 5 nights and I;m researching which Kreis to stay in. At the moment I'm considering either Kreis 3 or 4.
We do have a few day trips planned so we don't want to be too far from the main station (I think as long as we're within 15-20min by tram to the station we should be fine).
I know Kreis 1 is the most central but we do enjoy staying a little out of the main tourist places to try and get a more local feel for a place.
Does any have any suggestions or thoughts on which area to stay in? Once we decide on the area we'll probably look for apartments to stay in from there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summer Travel order
- 2 LIsbon
- 3 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 4 International Flight Question
- 5 Luggage Storage
- 6 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 7 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 8 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 9 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 10 Brugge hotel help
- 11 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 12 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 13 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 Another tipping question: concierges
- 16 Trip suggestion
- 17 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 19 Back from Paris
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 22 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 25 NOT our first trip to Ireland