Hubby and I are heading in Zurich (mid to late 30's) next year for 5 nights and I;m researching which Kreis to stay in. At the moment I'm considering either Kreis 3 or 4.
We do have a few day trips planned so we don't want to be too far from the main station (I think as long as we're within 15-20min by tram to the station we should be fine).
I know Kreis 1 is the most central but we do enjoy staying a little out of the main tourist places to try and get a more local feel for a place.
Does any have any suggestions or thoughts on which area to stay in? Once we decide on the area we'll probably look for apartments to stay in from there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 3 Globus Iberian Tour
- 4 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 5 Poland to Austria In December
- 6 road trip through scotland
- 7 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 8 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 9 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus
- 10 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 11 Thinking about the Fjords
- 12 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 13 Where to eat in Rome?
- 14 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 15 Alsace to Austria?
- 16 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 17 base for Andalucia
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 20 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 21 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 22 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 23 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 24 barcelona neighborhood
- 25 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.