My husband and I are spending 12 days in Switzerland and France visiting relatives and touring around. We'll be there in late June, early July. Confused about whether to rent a car or take the train. What's more economical? Based on many posts I've read, most seem to prefer the train. But car rental prices are listed at around $30/day. Even factoring in the cost of gas and parking, this seems much cheaper than prices I have seen for the train, for the two of us. Am I missing something?
Also would love recommendations for special attractions, reasonable hotels in Montreux and Paris (ideally under $200/night) , restaurants and any stops we MUST make along the way. We like off the beaten path stuff, museums, art, history. Here's our planned itinerary
Day 1 arrive Zurich, 1st night near Berne with family
Days 2-3 Montreux
Days 4-8 Paris
Days 8-12 back in Zurich area with family
THANK YOU for your suggestions!
Zurich to Montreux to Paris round trip - drive or train??
- 1 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 2 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 3 Ireland in a week
- 4 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 5 Copenhagen Weekend with Family
- 6 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 7 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 8 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 9 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 10 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 11 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 12 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 13 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 17 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 18 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 19 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 20 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 21 London for Christmas
- 22 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 23 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 24 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 25 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam