My husband and I are spending 12 days in Switzerland and France visiting relatives and touring around. We'll be there in late June, early July. Confused about whether to rent a car or take the train. What's more economical? Based on many posts I've read, most seem to prefer the train. But car rental prices are listed at around $30/day. Even factoring in the cost of gas and parking, this seems much cheaper than prices I have seen for the train, for the two of us. Am I missing something?
Also would love recommendations for special attractions, reasonable hotels in Montreux and Paris (ideally under $200/night) , restaurants and any stops we MUST make along the way. We like off the beaten path stuff, museums, art, history. Here's our planned itinerary
Day 1 arrive Zurich, 1st night near Berne with family
Days 2-3 Montreux
Days 4-8 Paris
Days 8-12 back in Zurich area with family
THANK YOU for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG airport
- 2 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 3 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 4 Ireland & Scotland
- 5 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 6 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 7 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 8 14 nights in Europe
- 9 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 10 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 11 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 French immersion courses in France
- 14 Munich
- 15 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 16 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 17 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 18 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 19 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 20 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 21 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 22 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 23 Portugal itinerary help
- 24 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 25 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children