My husband and I are spending 12 days in Switzerland and France visiting relatives and touring around. We'll be there in late June, early July. Confused about whether to rent a car or take the train. What's more economical? Based on many posts I've read, most seem to prefer the train. But car rental prices are listed at around $30/day. Even factoring in the cost of gas and parking, this seems much cheaper than prices I have seen for the train, for the two of us. Am I missing something?
Also would love recommendations for special attractions, reasonable hotels in Montreux and Paris (ideally under $200/night) , restaurants and any stops we MUST make along the way. We like off the beaten path stuff, museums, art, history. Here's our planned itinerary
Day 1 arrive Zurich, 1st night near Berne with family
Days 2-3 Montreux
Days 4-8 Paris
Days 8-12 back in Zurich area with family
THANK YOU for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pogo @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Lake Como AREA questions
- 3 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 6 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 7 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 8 Spain - day driver advice
- 9 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 10 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 11 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 12 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 13 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 14 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 15 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 16 London with Teens Trip Report
- 17 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 18 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 19 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 20 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 21 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 22 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 23 Madrird and Seville
- 24 Greece
- 25 Ludwig Castles