We're flying into Zurich, spending 1 night in Lindau and then heading to Austria. We can save $100 dollars renting the car in Lindau instead of Zurich. We usually rent cars in Europe so we're not familiar with the train costs, schedules, etc... My question- is the $100 savings worth it to train it back and forth from Zurich to Lindau and Lindau to Zurich and rent the car in Lindau. Also, since we will be tired from the flight ,is the 2 hour drive from Zurich to Lindau the area of Lake Constance that has the famous traffic jams? (We would be leaving Zurich about 1 pm on a Sunday to head to Lake Constance)
Zurich to Lindau drive or train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 2 Autumn in Paris
- 3 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 4 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 5 Question on France travel
- 6 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 7 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 8 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 9 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 10 Ireland or Scotland
- 11 Italy and Croatia
- 12 St Germain
- 13 Where to go in France mid July?
- 14 trip to norway
- 15 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 16 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 17 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 18 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 19 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 20 Cruise the River Shannon
- 21 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 22 Food tours in Rome?
- 23 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 24 Rome Food Tour
- 25 How late is too late for a trip report?