I'm traveling to Zurich and need a little help getting to my hotel from the airport. The hotel I'm staying at is Hotel Wellenberg, Niederdorfstrasse 10, 8001 Zürich. I'm happy to take the train from the airport but I can't seem to find much about the metro unless I'm seriously missing something.
I'll be staying about 36 hours in Zurich before taking the train to Lugano (I'm hoping someone from the hotel will be able to sort me out in getting to the train station.) As I'm a solo female traveler, if anyone could provide recommendations as to where there might be a couple of good spots to eat/drink where I would feel comfortable by myself eating at a bar or table, that would be great. I'm not overly picky on food, just not a big seafood person.
Finally, if there are any clothing suggestions that would also be helpful-not because I don't know how to dress myself, but because the weather seems to be all over the place!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 5 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 8 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 9 Iceland for Nine Days
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 12 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 13 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 14 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 15 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 16 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 17 Rome or Venice first
- 18 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 19 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 20 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 21 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 22 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 25 3 day trip to iceland