I am presently in Zurich on a business trip and plan to vist few places with my spouse.
I am planning a Zurich-Paris-Zurich trip and my itinerary is as follows (06-July - 13 July);
Day 1 - Arrive Paris (Via TGV direct train departing 07.00 am from Zurich)
Day 2, 3 - Paris
Day 4 - Paris to Montreux (Understand there are lots of train options form Geneva - either do the Golden pass and return to Lucerne or stay overnight in Montreux)
Day 5 - Arrive Lucerne - Jungfraujoch - Lucerne
day 6 - Lucerne - Mt Titlis - Lucerne
day 7 - Lucerne
Day 8 - Lucerne to Zurich
I have the following quesitons;
1. I am a non-european national. Which Pass would suit best considering the above itinerary (Swiss card, Half fare or point to point ticket)
2. From Paris to Montreux - Golden Pass line - should I take a train from Paris to Geneva - Geneva to Montreux and then next day do Montreux-Interlaken-Lucerne or will it be okay to cover Paris and Golden Pass line in one day
3. I have thought of considering Lucerne as a base (accomodation) and travel to Jungfraujoch on one day and Mt Titlis the other day.
Considering that significant part of the travel is within Lucerne-Geneva-Montreux and Zurich - which pass is recommended.
P.S>.It's my wife's bday month so any tips to make the trip special will be most welcome
Any other tips and suggestions are welcome
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 5 Berlin -clubs
- 6 Berlin
- 7 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 10 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 11 base in brussels
- 12 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 15 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 16 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 17 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 18 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 Uber vs. TfL
- 23 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 24 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 25 Alitala