I am presently in Zurich on a business trip and plan to vist few places with my spouse.
I am planning a Zurich-Paris-Zurich trip and my itinerary is as follows (06-July - 13 July);
Day 1 - Arrive Paris (Via TGV direct train departing 07.00 am from Zurich)
Day 2, 3 - Paris
Day 4 - Paris to Montreux (Understand there are lots of train options form Geneva - either do the Golden pass and return to Lucerne or stay overnight in Montreux)
Day 5 - Arrive Lucerne - Jungfraujoch - Lucerne
day 6 - Lucerne - Mt Titlis - Lucerne
day 7 - Lucerne
Day 8 - Lucerne to Zurich
I have the following quesitons;
1. I am a non-european national. Which Pass would suit best considering the above itinerary (Swiss card, Half fare or point to point ticket)
2. From Paris to Montreux - Golden Pass line - should I take a train from Paris to Geneva - Geneva to Montreux and then next day do Montreux-Interlaken-Lucerne or will it be okay to cover Paris and Golden Pass line in one day
3. I have thought of considering Lucerne as a base (accomodation) and travel to Jungfraujoch on one day and Mt Titlis the other day.
Considering that significant part of the travel is within Lucerne-Geneva-Montreux and Zurich - which pass is recommended.
P.S>.It's my wife's bday month so any tips to make the trip special will be most welcome
Any other tips and suggestions are welcome
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 4 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 5 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 6 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 7 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 8 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 12 Super Cover For Hertz
- 13 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 14 When to Visit Scotland
- 15 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 16 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 17 Amalfi Coast help
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Sicily
- 20 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 23 Where to buy Saffron?
- 24 English Countryside
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents