I am presently in Zurich on a business trip and plan to vist few places with my spouse.
I am planning a Zurich-Paris-Zurich trip and my itinerary is as follows (06-July - 13 July);
Day 1 - Arrive Paris (Via TGV direct train departing 07.00 am from Zurich)
Day 2, 3 - Paris
Day 4 - Paris to Montreux (Understand there are lots of train options form Geneva - either do the Golden pass and return to Lucerne or stay overnight in Montreux)
Day 5 - Arrive Lucerne - Jungfraujoch - Lucerne
day 6 - Lucerne - Mt Titlis - Lucerne
day 7 - Lucerne
Day 8 - Lucerne to Zurich
I have the following quesitons;
1. I am a non-european national. Which Pass would suit best considering the above itinerary (Swiss card, Half fare or point to point ticket)
2. From Paris to Montreux - Golden Pass line - should I take a train from Paris to Geneva - Geneva to Montreux and then next day do Montreux-Interlaken-Lucerne or will it be okay to cover Paris and Golden Pass line in one day
3. I have thought of considering Lucerne as a base (accomodation) and travel to Jungfraujoch on one day and Mt Titlis the other day.
Considering that significant part of the travel is within Lucerne-Geneva-Montreux and Zurich - which pass is recommended.
P.S>.It's my wife's bday month so any tips to make the trip special will be most welcome
Any other tips and suggestions are welcome
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 2 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 3 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 4 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 5 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 6 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 7 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 8 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 9 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 10 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 11 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 12 Traveling in Belgium
- 13 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 14 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 15 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 18 Milos beach stay
- 19 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 20 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 21 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 22 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 23 Driving in Wales
- 24 Best train from Amsterdam to Paris via Germany
- 25 Christmas Markets 2017