I am presently in Zurich on a business trip and plan to vist few places with my spouse.
I am planning a Zurich-Paris-Zurich trip and my itinerary is as follows (06-July - 13 July);
Day 1 - Arrive Paris (Via TGV direct train departing 07.00 am from Zurich)
Day 2, 3 - Paris
Day 4 - Paris to Montreux (Understand there are lots of train options form Geneva - either do the Golden pass and return to Lucerne or stay overnight in Montreux)
Day 5 - Arrive Lucerne - Jungfraujoch - Lucerne
day 6 - Lucerne - Mt Titlis - Lucerne
day 7 - Lucerne
Day 8 - Lucerne to Zurich
I have the following quesitons;
1. I am a non-european national. Which Pass would suit best considering the above itinerary (Swiss card, Half fare or point to point ticket)
2. From Paris to Montreux - Golden Pass line - should I take a train from Paris to Geneva - Geneva to Montreux and then next day do Montreux-Interlaken-Lucerne or will it be okay to cover Paris and Golden Pass line in one day
3. I have thought of considering Lucerne as a base (accomodation) and travel to Jungfraujoch on one day and Mt Titlis the other day.
Considering that significant part of the travel is within Lucerne-Geneva-Montreux and Zurich - which pass is recommended.
P.S>.It's my wife's bday month so any tips to make the trip special will be most welcome
Any other tips and suggestions are welcome
Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 4 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 5 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 6 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 7 Swiss Travel Pass
- 8 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 9 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 10 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 11 Athens
- 12 We're here!
- 13 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 14 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 19 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 20 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 21 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 22 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 23 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 24 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 25 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out