We are going to be flying into and out of Zurich, arriving/departing on a Saturday. We are coming to see a few stages of the Tour de France and to tour around a bit in Switzerland. Here's what I've come up w/ so far. I'm thinking to spend the first night in Bern, then head to Murten for two nights, not sure what to do the fourth night, then two nights in Chamonix, then back to Zurich for the last night. We are traveling w/ our kids, ages 14 and 10. We thought to take the train from Zurich to Bern and pick up a rental car there for the rest of the trip. The tour stage we will watch on Wednesday runs from Bern to Finhaut, so Murten would have us starting on the wrong side of Bern that morning. We are trying to avoid more time driving/riding than necessary. Are there any towns south of Bern and north of Montreux that would be nice to stay in one night? Thank you very much for any thoughts and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland hotel questions
- 2 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 3 Ireland travel passport question
- 4 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 5 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Switzerland in November?
- 9 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 10 getting to CDG
- 11 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 12 Barcelona cooking classes
- 13 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 14 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 15 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 4 days itinerary for France
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 24 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice