We are going to be flying into and out of Zurich, arriving/departing on a Saturday. We are coming to see a few stages of the Tour de France and to tour around a bit in Switzerland. Here's what I've come up w/ so far. I'm thinking to spend the first night in Bern, then head to Murten for two nights, not sure what to do the fourth night, then two nights in Chamonix, then back to Zurich for the last night. We are traveling w/ our kids, ages 14 and 10. We thought to take the train from Zurich to Bern and pick up a rental car there for the rest of the trip. The tour stage we will watch on Wednesday runs from Bern to Finhaut, so Murten would have us starting on the wrong side of Bern that morning. We are trying to avoid more time driving/riding than necessary. Are there any towns south of Bern and north of Montreux that would be nice to stay in one night? Thank you very much for any thoughts and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 8 Days in Spain
- 3 9 Days in Spain
- 4 Iceland early december visit
- 5 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 6 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 7 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Barcelona alternative
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 17 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 18 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 23 God Save the Queen?
- 24 Road trip with our dog
- 25 Visiting Plitivce National Park