We are going to be flying into and out of Zurich, arriving/departing on a Saturday. We are coming to see a few stages of the Tour de France and to tour around a bit in Switzerland. Here's what I've come up w/ so far. I'm thinking to spend the first night in Bern, then head to Murten for two nights, not sure what to do the fourth night, then two nights in Chamonix, then back to Zurich for the last night. We are traveling w/ our kids, ages 14 and 10. We thought to take the train from Zurich to Bern and pick up a rental car there for the rest of the trip. The tour stage we will watch on Wednesday runs from Bern to Finhaut, so Murten would have us starting on the wrong side of Bern that morning. We are trying to avoid more time driving/riding than necessary. Are there any towns south of Bern and north of Montreux that would be nice to stay in one night? Thank you very much for any thoughts and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 2 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Day trips from Florence
- 7 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 8 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Perugia
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 May get together in Paris
- 15 Paris in September
- 16 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 19 First time in Bulgaria
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh