We are going to be flying into and out of Zurich, arriving/departing on a Saturday. We are coming to see a few stages of the Tour de France and to tour around a bit in Switzerland. Here's what I've come up w/ so far. I'm thinking to spend the first night in Bern, then head to Murten for two nights, not sure what to do the fourth night, then two nights in Chamonix, then back to Zurich for the last night. We are traveling w/ our kids, ages 14 and 10. We thought to take the train from Zurich to Bern and pick up a rental car there for the rest of the trip. The tour stage we will watch on Wednesday runs from Bern to Finhaut, so Murten would have us starting on the wrong side of Bern that morning. We are trying to avoid more time driving/riding than necessary. Are there any towns south of Bern and north of Montreux that would be nice to stay in one night? Thank you very much for any thoughts and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming areas to explore in London
- 2 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 3 YIKES!
- 4 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 5 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 6 travel around Spain
- 7 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 8 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 9 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 10 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 11 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 12 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 13 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 14 Labor Day in Paris
- 15 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 16 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 17 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 18 Train up the Jungfrau
- 19 credit and debit cards
- 20 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 21 Almalfi
- 22 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 23 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 24 Athens multi site pass
- 25 Ephesus - Tour A or B??