We are going to be flying into and out of Zurich, arriving/departing on a Saturday. We are coming to see a few stages of the Tour de France and to tour around a bit in Switzerland. Here's what I've come up w/ so far. I'm thinking to spend the first night in Bern, then head to Murten for two nights, not sure what to do the fourth night, then two nights in Chamonix, then back to Zurich for the last night. We are traveling w/ our kids, ages 14 and 10. We thought to take the train from Zurich to Bern and pick up a rental car there for the rest of the trip. The tour stage we will watch on Wednesday runs from Bern to Finhaut, so Murten would have us starting on the wrong side of Bern that morning. We are trying to avoid more time driving/riding than necessary. Are there any towns south of Bern and north of Montreux that would be nice to stay in one night? Thank you very much for any thoughts and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Old European currency
- 2 Amsterdam hotels
- 3 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 4 Brugge hotel help
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Denmark or Sweden?
- 8 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 9 강남야구장씨스터즈＠강남구풀싸롱☎O1O 4444 9374강남야구장위치
- 10 London Hotels
- 11 Europe itinerary questions
- 12 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 15 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 16 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 17 Back from Paris
- 18 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 19 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 20 1 month in Europe
- 21 Paris hotels
- 22 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 23 10 days in Paris and......
- 24 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 25 Mont St. Michel in winter