My brother has moved base to Zurich and has been living there for a few months now. We thought we could use this opportunity to visit him and see a bit of the region. This will be our second trip to the country in 5 years having visited Jungfrau, Interlaken, Lucerne, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, etc on the earlier trip.
This will probably be the first week of May. We fly in from India and will probably have about 10 nights.
DW and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary so we have a side trip to Paris for 5 nights.
We're contemplating staying put in Zurich and doing day trips (max overnight stays) upto a 2-3 hour radius (Vaduz, St Gall, Richenau, Basel, Freiburg, Black Forest, etc) or renting a car and exploring the west / south of Switzerland (Neuchatel, Zermatt, some french border towns). I can't decide either way.
We are active 40 year olds but will have 2 of our girls aged 5 & 8. DD2 was 9 months during our last visit to the country and we still hiked up Jungfrau so mobility will not be a problem.
Any suggestions from you Fodorites?? Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast help
- 2 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 5 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 6 Itinerary Help
- 7 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/tengenix-reviews/
- 10 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 11 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 12 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 13 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 14 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 15 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 16 If you had to choose one......
- 17 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 18 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 23 Portugal with large family
- 24 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 25 Help with Ireland itinerary