My brother has moved base to Zurich and has been living there for a few months now. We thought we could use this opportunity to visit him and see a bit of the region. This will be our second trip to the country in 5 years having visited Jungfrau, Interlaken, Lucerne, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, etc on the earlier trip.
This will probably be the first week of May. We fly in from India and will probably have about 10 nights.
DW and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary so we have a side trip to Paris for 5 nights.
We're contemplating staying put in Zurich and doing day trips (max overnight stays) upto a 2-3 hour radius (Vaduz, St Gall, Richenau, Basel, Freiburg, Black Forest, etc) or renting a car and exploring the west / south of Switzerland (Neuchatel, Zermatt, some french border towns). I can't decide either way.
We are active 40 year olds but will have 2 of our girls aged 5 & 8. DD2 was 9 months during our last visit to the country and we still hiked up Jungfrau so mobility will not be a problem.
Any suggestions from you Fodorites?? Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 5 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 11 Italy Car Scam
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Iceland early december visit
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 18 8 Days in Spain
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 24 Milan or Turin
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice