I'm leaving for Zurich in week, and will travel to Zermatt (via Visp) by train. I have a first class rail pass for the Zurich to Visp train and 2nd class tickets for Visp up to Zermatt. I leave Zurich at 9:00 a.m. on a Friday. Should I try to purchase seat reservations for us (4 people) as it is at the tail end of rush hour and beginning of the weekend? Should I try to reserve for both trains?
I will not be able to do so until I arrive in Zurich, which is late the night before we leave.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 2 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 3 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 4 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 5 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 6 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 7 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 8 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 9 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 10 Appenzell in December?
- 11 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 12 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 13 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 14 Iceland in January/February
- 15 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 16 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 17 Switzerland
- 18 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 19 WWI Battlefields
- 20 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 21 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 22 Visiting Zurich
- 23 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 24 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 25 Paris to Bordeaux
Zermatt to Zurich on a Friday morning - do I need a reserved seat?