Many thanks for your help and advice for starters.
End of February 2012 I'm taking my wife for a skiing vacation for the first time, accompanied by three friends of ours. Having gone to St. Anton and Ischgl, I would like to do something different. And I have four candidates to choose from: Zermatt, Madonna di Campiglio, Cortina d'Ampezzo and Kitzbühel.
I would definitely prefer that the town be a classic purely traditional alpine skiing town, no fancy modern resort. My wife and a friend are beginners so the resorts needs to cater well to novices. The vicinity to a major airport would also be appreciated, we prefer not to lose time in transferring from one flight to another (and the added costs that go with it).
For the good or the bad, having done a bit of homework myself, I would like to note the pros and cons of the different candidates and get your tips as to which one would suit us the most:
Zermatt: Pro: Great for skiing Con: minimum 3 hours from the closest airport
Madonna di campiglio: Suggested by a friend, don't know of any cons Maybe the slopes are a bit too steep ?
Cortina d'Ampezzo: pro: great town con: too shishy perhaps ?
Kitzbühel: Lovely alpine town Con: Low on altitude, less snow in a bad year
Anyway, I've made great choices listening to friends in Fodor's so far, so I'm counting on you again!
All the best and many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 태양성카지노사이트＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온라인카지노▥생중계바카라
- 2 필리핀월드카지노사이트＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼바카라사이트주소】엠카지노
- 3 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 4 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 5 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 6 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 7 Kayaking in Avignon
- 8 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 9 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 10 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 11 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 12 4 days in Provence in early June
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 15 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 16 Cordoba Overnight?
- 17 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 18 Sintra
- 19 France Itinerary Advice
- 20 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 21 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
Zermatt or Madonna di Campiglio or Cortina d'Ampezzo or Kitzbühel ?