My 10 year old daughter wants to see and experience the Alps! We will probably take a trip in November or December.
My husband and I (non-skiers) previously visited Zermatt on a day trip just to take the cable cars and see the sights. My daughter wants to take this day trip after having seen the video and pictures. I, however, wouldn't mind trying something new while giving her an "alpine" experience. I am thinking about Jungfraujoch.
One main con to Jungfraujoch, however, seems to be the length of the train ride to get there; it seems like a long day filled with trains unless we overnight in the area. With Zermatt, we will use the cable cars after the trains. (We probably will be based in either Geneva or Zurich depending on which trip we choose so that we can use a combination of miles/hotel points to defray costs.) Is Jungfraujoch worth the extra time and money? Please bear in mind that Switzerland is only one stop on our trip; we cannot spend much time in Switzerland - that will have to wait until another trip!
Thanks for the input,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 2 Visiting Spain in January
- 3 Scenic Driving Routes
- 4 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 5 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 6 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 7 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 8 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 9 Flights from Croatia
- 10 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 11 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 12 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 13 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 14 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 15 English Countryside
- 16 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 17 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 18 Europe in late January
- 19 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 20 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 21 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 22 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 23 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 24 Paris---baguette question???
- 25 Suggestions for Drive to Milan