My 10 year old daughter wants to see and experience the Alps! We will probably take a trip in November or December.
My husband and I (non-skiers) previously visited Zermatt on a day trip just to take the cable cars and see the sights. My daughter wants to take this day trip after having seen the video and pictures. I, however, wouldn't mind trying something new while giving her an "alpine" experience. I am thinking about Jungfraujoch.
One main con to Jungfraujoch, however, seems to be the length of the train ride to get there; it seems like a long day filled with trains unless we overnight in the area. With Zermatt, we will use the cable cars after the trains. (We probably will be based in either Geneva or Zurich depending on which trip we choose so that we can use a combination of miles/hotel points to defray costs.) Is Jungfraujoch worth the extra time and money? Please bear in mind that Switzerland is only one stop on our trip; we cannot spend much time in Switzerland - that will have to wait until another trip!
Thanks for the input,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 2 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 3 Switzerland
- 4 Guide in Russia
- 5 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 6 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 7 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 8 Visiting Zurich
- 9 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 10 Zadar or Sibenik
- 11 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 13 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 14 Rent a Car?
- 15 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 16 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 17 Whistle stop family road trip
- 18 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 19 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 20 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 21 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 22 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 23 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 24 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)