My 10 year old daughter wants to see and experience the Alps! We will probably take a trip in November or December.
My husband and I (non-skiers) previously visited Zermatt on a day trip just to take the cable cars and see the sights. My daughter wants to take this day trip after having seen the video and pictures. I, however, wouldn't mind trying something new while giving her an "alpine" experience. I am thinking about Jungfraujoch.
One main con to Jungfraujoch, however, seems to be the length of the train ride to get there; it seems like a long day filled with trains unless we overnight in the area. With Zermatt, we will use the cable cars after the trains. (We probably will be based in either Geneva or Zurich depending on which trip we choose so that we can use a combination of miles/hotel points to defray costs.) Is Jungfraujoch worth the extra time and money? Please bear in mind that Switzerland is only one stop on our trip; we cannot spend much time in Switzerland - that will have to wait until another trip!
Thanks for the input,
Zermatt or Jungfraujoch? Alps Scenery
- 1 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 2 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 3 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 6 7 days in Andalucia
- 7 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 8 To Paris and Provence in June
- 9 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 10 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 11 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 12 London at Easter
- 13 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 14 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 15 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 16 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 17 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 18 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 19 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 20 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 21 Advises for trip to Russia
- 22 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 23 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 24 Planning a holiday
- 25 Normandy in mid Sept?