My 10 year old daughter wants to see and experience the Alps! We will probably take a trip in November or December.
My husband and I (non-skiers) previously visited Zermatt on a day trip just to take the cable cars and see the sights. My daughter wants to take this day trip after having seen the video and pictures. I, however, wouldn't mind trying something new while giving her an "alpine" experience. I am thinking about Jungfraujoch.
One main con to Jungfraujoch, however, seems to be the length of the train ride to get there; it seems like a long day filled with trains unless we overnight in the area. With Zermatt, we will use the cable cars after the trains. (We probably will be based in either Geneva or Zurich depending on which trip we choose so that we can use a combination of miles/hotel points to defray costs.) Is Jungfraujoch worth the extra time and money? Please bear in mind that Switzerland is only one stop on our trip; we cannot spend much time in Switzerland - that will have to wait until another trip!
Thanks for the input,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 2 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 3 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 6 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 7 Athens Help
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 Transport for local Venice travel
- 10 London vacation rental agency
- 11 Sim Card
- 12 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 Borghese Gallery Question
- 15 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 16 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 17 SE ITALY
- 18 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 19 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 20 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 21 Sicily help
- 22 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 23 Towns around Lucca
- 24 Cork questions
- 25 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy