My 10 year old daughter wants to see and experience the Alps! We will probably take a trip in November or December.
My husband and I (non-skiers) previously visited Zermatt on a day trip just to take the cable cars and see the sights. My daughter wants to take this day trip after having seen the video and pictures. I, however, wouldn't mind trying something new while giving her an "alpine" experience. I am thinking about Jungfraujoch.
One main con to Jungfraujoch, however, seems to be the length of the train ride to get there; it seems like a long day filled with trains unless we overnight in the area. With Zermatt, we will use the cable cars after the trains. (We probably will be based in either Geneva or Zurich depending on which trip we choose so that we can use a combination of miles/hotel points to defray costs.) Is Jungfraujoch worth the extra time and money? Please bear in mind that Switzerland is only one stop on our trip; we cannot spend much time in Switzerland - that will have to wait until another trip!
Thanks for the input,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 2 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 4 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 5 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 6 Trip suggestion
- 7 International Flight Question
- 8 Back from Paris
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 11 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 12 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 13 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 14 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 17 Another tipping question: concierges
- 18 Black hair stylists or braids in Barcelona
- 19 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 22 Summer Travel order
- 23 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 24 Dijon in December!
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges