We will be in visiting Zagreb and the area north (Varazdin, Trakoscan Castle, etc.) - staying for 3 nights. We initially planned on staying in Zagreb. As it happens, the International Festival is going on during this time so we thought it might be fun to stay in town. Tonight we started looking on Tripadvisor at the Hotels available in Zagreb. I realize that Zagreb is coming into itself and has been through a recent war but I wanted to see if anyone has stayed in a charming/historical hotel or B&B? The hotels on Tripadvisor are either extremely modern or as plain as day. This statement is not meant to offend as we prefer hotels different than the ones we find in the States.
So due to the above, we thought we would look in Samobor for our base. We will have a rental car for our daytrips so I'm wondering if we stay in Samobor could we drive to Zagreb and park? Or perhaps take a bus or tram to Zagreb? Which would be easiest? I'm also wondering if we would be missing the 'feel' of walking Zagreb at night, etc. if we just visited during the day and left at night?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 2 Switzerland in September
- 3 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 4 Where to eat in Rome?
- 5 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 6 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 7 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 8 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Positano or Sorrento?
- 11 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 12 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 13 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 14 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 15 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 16 Last minute trip to Capri
- 17 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 18 AMS Car Rental
- 19 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 20 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 21 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 22 weekend from cologne germany
- 23 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 24 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg