We will be in visiting Zagreb and the area north (Varazdin, Trakoscan Castle, etc.) - staying for 3 nights. We initially planned on staying in Zagreb. As it happens, the International Festival is going on during this time so we thought it might be fun to stay in town. Tonight we started looking on Tripadvisor at the Hotels available in Zagreb. I realize that Zagreb is coming into itself and has been through a recent war but I wanted to see if anyone has stayed in a charming/historical hotel or B&B? The hotels on Tripadvisor are either extremely modern or as plain as day. This statement is not meant to offend as we prefer hotels different than the ones we find in the States.
So due to the above, we thought we would look in Samobor for our base. We will have a rental car for our daytrips so I'm wondering if we stay in Samobor could we drive to Zagreb and park? Or perhaps take a bus or tram to Zagreb? Which would be easiest? I'm also wondering if we would be missing the 'feel' of walking Zagreb at night, etc. if we just visited during the day and left at night?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ex-pats with young kids
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 4 Paris advice with kids
- 5 tickets for Wimbledon
- 6 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 7 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 12 Top Tapas Tascas
- 13 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 14 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 15 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 16 Iceland france spain
- 17 Trip Report to Bordeaux, Sarlat-la-Canéda, and Albi
- 18 Help on ancient history route
- 19 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 20 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 21 Iceland car rental agencies
- 22 Amalfi coast in august
- 23 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Venice? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 24 Greece
- 25 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?