We will be in visiting Zagreb and the area north (Varazdin, Trakoscan Castle, etc.) - staying for 3 nights. We initially planned on staying in Zagreb. As it happens, the International Festival is going on during this time so we thought it might be fun to stay in town. Tonight we started looking on Tripadvisor at the Hotels available in Zagreb. I realize that Zagreb is coming into itself and has been through a recent war but I wanted to see if anyone has stayed in a charming/historical hotel or B&B? The hotels on Tripadvisor are either extremely modern or as plain as day. This statement is not meant to offend as we prefer hotels different than the ones we find in the States.
So due to the above, we thought we would look in Samobor for our base. We will have a rental car for our daytrips so I'm wondering if we stay in Samobor could we drive to Zagreb and park? Or perhaps take a bus or tram to Zagreb? Which would be easiest? I'm also wondering if we would be missing the 'feel' of walking Zagreb at night, etc. if we just visited during the day and left at night?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany train help!
- 2 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 3 Train help for Prague
- 4 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 5 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 6 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 9 Athens
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 Transportation from Brno train station
- 14 Budapest & Prague
- 15 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 16 Swiss Travel Pass
- 17 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 18 10 days in Paris and......
- 19 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 20 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Paris day trips August
- 23 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 24 Petrol in Greece
- 25 Where to enjoy Paris