We are planning to go to Europe with our two children aged 10 and 15 years from June 18-26, 2016. We were considering starting off in Budapest (3 days), then drive to Bratislava (2 days) and then on to Krakow (3 days).
Our son enjoys history and is keen to visit Aushwitz but our daughter doesn't enjoy road trips so we don't want to drive for more than 3-4 hours from one destination to another. I just read that the drive from Krakow to Bratislava may not be easy.
We are keen to drive ourselves rather than fly. We wouldn't mind taking a train for one part of the journey if the trains are fast.
However, we could also consider Budapest to Zagreb (side trip to Lake Plitvice) and then to Llubliana or even the Dolomites in Italy.
We are thoroughly confused as of now. We are looking at staying at luxurious hotels and would prefer to go to more "developed" areas (for lack of a better word) rather than off the beaten track. We enjoy nature and would love to do a mix of scenic drives, beautiful sceneries as well as good architecture.
Look forward to any inputs. Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 6 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 7 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Madrid/Lisbon
- 10 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 13 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 14 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Oporto
- 17 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Perugia
- 20 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 21 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?