We are planning to go to Europe with our two children aged 10 and 15 years from June 18-26, 2016. We were considering starting off in Budapest (3 days), then drive to Bratislava (2 days) and then on to Krakow (3 days).
Our son enjoys history and is keen to visit Aushwitz but our daughter doesn't enjoy road trips so we don't want to drive for more than 3-4 hours from one destination to another. I just read that the drive from Krakow to Bratislava may not be easy.
We are keen to drive ourselves rather than fly. We wouldn't mind taking a train for one part of the journey if the trains are fast.
However, we could also consider Budapest to Zagreb (side trip to Lake Plitvice) and then to Llubliana or even the Dolomites in Italy.
We are thoroughly confused as of now. We are looking at staying at luxurious hotels and would prefer to go to more "developed" areas (for lack of a better word) rather than off the beaten track. We enjoy nature and would love to do a mix of scenic drives, beautiful sceneries as well as good architecture.
Look forward to any inputs. Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 2 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 3 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 7 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 8 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 9 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 10 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 11 Bruges
- 12 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 13 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 14 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 15 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 16 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 17 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 18 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 19 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 20 Planning A trip
- 21 A week in the Occitanie
- 22 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 25 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany