We are planning to go to Europe with our two children aged 10 and 15 years from June 18-26, 2016. We were considering starting off in Budapest (3 days), then drive to Bratislava (2 days) and then on to Krakow (3 days).
Our son enjoys history and is keen to visit Aushwitz but our daughter doesn't enjoy road trips so we don't want to drive for more than 3-4 hours from one destination to another. I just read that the drive from Krakow to Bratislava may not be easy.
We are keen to drive ourselves rather than fly. We wouldn't mind taking a train for one part of the journey if the trains are fast.
However, we could also consider Budapest to Zagreb (side trip to Lake Plitvice) and then to Llubliana or even the Dolomites in Italy.
We are thoroughly confused as of now. We are looking at staying at luxurious hotels and would prefer to go to more "developed" areas (for lack of a better word) rather than off the beaten track. We enjoy nature and would love to do a mix of scenic drives, beautiful sceneries as well as good architecture.
Look forward to any inputs. Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 3 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 4 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 5 Top Tapas Tascas
- 6 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 7 Paris: Veggietown for Vegetarian Restaurants
- 8 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 9 Insurance on rental car options
- 10 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 11 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 12 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 13 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 14 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 15 Keukenhof in May?
- 16 Happy birthday ATM
- 17 24 hours in Paris
- 18 Istanbul at Easter
- 19 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 20 tickets for Wimbledon
- 21 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 22 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 23 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 24 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 25 Madrid/Andalucia Trip