We are planning to go to Europe with our two children aged 10 and 15 years from June 18-26, 2016. We were considering starting off in Budapest (3 days), then drive to Bratislava (2 days) and then on to Krakow (3 days).
Our son enjoys history and is keen to visit Aushwitz but our daughter doesn't enjoy road trips so we don't want to drive for more than 3-4 hours from one destination to another. I just read that the drive from Krakow to Bratislava may not be easy.
We are keen to drive ourselves rather than fly. We wouldn't mind taking a train for one part of the journey if the trains are fast.
However, we could also consider Budapest to Zagreb (side trip to Lake Plitvice) and then to Llubliana or even the Dolomites in Italy.
We are thoroughly confused as of now. We are looking at staying at luxurious hotels and would prefer to go to more "developed" areas (for lack of a better word) rather than off the beaten track. We enjoy nature and would love to do a mix of scenic drives, beautiful sceneries as well as good architecture.
Look forward to any inputs. Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 2 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 3 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 4 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 5 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 6 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 7 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 8 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 9 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 10 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 11 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 12 Norway Itinerary
- 13 train or plane
- 14 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 15 A Month stay in Southern France
- 16 restaurants in Marais district
- 17 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 18 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 23 Shoes in Scotland
- 24 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 25 Alsace for 5 days and 6 more days- where???