We are planning to go to Europe with our two children aged 10 and 15 years from June 18-26, 2016. We were considering starting off in Budapest (3 days), then drive to Bratislava (2 days) and then on to Krakow (3 days).
Our son enjoys history and is keen to visit Aushwitz but our daughter doesn't enjoy road trips so we don't want to drive for more than 3-4 hours from one destination to another. I just read that the drive from Krakow to Bratislava may not be easy.
We are keen to drive ourselves rather than fly. We wouldn't mind taking a train for one part of the journey if the trains are fast.
However, we could also consider Budapest to Zagreb (side trip to Lake Plitvice) and then to Llubliana or even the Dolomites in Italy.
We are thoroughly confused as of now. We are looking at staying at luxurious hotels and would prefer to go to more "developed" areas (for lack of a better word) rather than off the beaten track. We enjoy nature and would love to do a mix of scenic drives, beautiful sceneries as well as good architecture.
Look forward to any inputs. Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 5 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 6 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 7 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 8 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 13 Salzburg itinerary review
- 14 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 15 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 16 Milan and Lake Como
- 17 weekend from cologne germany
- 18 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 19 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 20 Switzerland in September
- 21 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 22 Where to eat in Rome?
- 23 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 24 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more