We will be arriving in Zagreb (via train) on Saturday, July 21. I found out the Folk Festival in Zagreb will be going on during that time. We are happy about this but were wondering a few things:
1. Since its a festival, will the hotels be hard to book? So should we book asap?
2. The folk festival ends on that Sunday, 7/22. Will most shops, cafes, museums and restaurants be closed on Sunday? I know in other European cities, sunday and sometimes Mondays places are closed.
3. We will be traveling to Varazdin (north of Zagreb) on that Monday. Same here - will places be closed?
Has anyone been in Zagreb during the Folk Festival? If so, I was curious as to their experience.
Can anyone recommend a good restaurant or two? This may seem like a bit of an odd request but we are looking for a restaurant that has lamp on a spit or something close to it.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 6 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 7 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 10 Alitala
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 13 celticmoon, a quick question
- 14 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 What fresh hell is this?
- 17 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 20 Which Train Station in Venice
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 22 Greek Village
- 23 Berlin
- 24 Bordeaux to Nice
- 25 Austrian Train Purchase from US