We will be arriving in Zagreb (via train) on Saturday, July 21. I found out the Folk Festival in Zagreb will be going on during that time. We are happy about this but were wondering a few things:
1. Since its a festival, will the hotels be hard to book? So should we book asap?
2. The folk festival ends on that Sunday, 7/22. Will most shops, cafes, museums and restaurants be closed on Sunday? I know in other European cities, sunday and sometimes Mondays places are closed.
3. We will be traveling to Varazdin (north of Zagreb) on that Monday. Same here - will places be closed?
Has anyone been in Zagreb during the Folk Festival? If so, I was curious as to their experience.
Can anyone recommend a good restaurant or two? This may seem like a bit of an odd request but we are looking for a restaurant that has lamp on a spit or something close to it.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany train help!
- 2 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 3 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 4 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 5 Sicily
- 6 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 driving from prague to salzburg
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 11 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 12 Versailles
- 13 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 14 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 15 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 18 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 19 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 23 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 24 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 25 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise