Looking to travel to Cornwall. Basically have in mind the rugged beautiful scenery, charming and historical towns, and some fun shopping. I am also using public transportation. After some investigation I determined that Penzance has a direct route from London (where I will be staying) and, at least from reading about it, it seems to fit the bill. Penzance also seems near st. Ives and Lands End which sound good--at least from reading about it. I basically am looking, by using public transportation to find towns where I can be occupied in an entertaining fashion the whole day since I will be limited by no car. Some gorgeous rugged scenery to walk around easily in and some fun shopping and some charming in town walking, boat trips, etc. are what I am hoping to find.
This is a about a 4 day trip in August. Would appreciate your advice on what you think of Penzance, and what areas I could see that are near (using public transportation) that would be worth going to. Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 2 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 3 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 4 Paris travel help
- 5 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 6 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 7 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 8 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 9 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 10 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 11 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 12 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 13 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 14 One night in the Dolomites
- 15 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 16 Airport Transit Visa
- 17 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 18 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 19 Where in Greece
- 20 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 21 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 22 Vatican tour
- 23 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 24 Day in Capri
- 25 alcazar question and seville advice