Looking to travel to Cornwall. Basically have in mind the rugged beautiful scenery, charming and historical towns, and some fun shopping. I am also using public transportation. After some investigation I determined that Penzance has a direct route from London (where I will be staying) and, at least from reading about it, it seems to fit the bill. Penzance also seems near st. Ives and Lands End which sound good--at least from reading about it. I basically am looking, by using public transportation to find towns where I can be occupied in an entertaining fashion the whole day since I will be limited by no car. Some gorgeous rugged scenery to walk around easily in and some fun shopping and some charming in town walking, boat trips, etc. are what I am hoping to find.
This is a about a 4 day trip in August. Would appreciate your advice on what you think of Penzance, and what areas I could see that are near (using public transportation) that would be worth going to. Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 8 Days in Spain
- 3 9 Days in Spain
- 4 Iceland early december visit
- 5 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 6 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 7 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Barcelona alternative
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 17 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 18 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 23 God Save the Queen?
- 24 Road trip with our dog
- 25 Visiting Plitivce National Park