Looking to travel to Cornwall. Basically have in mind the rugged beautiful scenery, charming and historical towns, and some fun shopping. I am also using public transportation. After some investigation I determined that Penzance has a direct route from London (where I will be staying) and, at least from reading about it, it seems to fit the bill. Penzance also seems near st. Ives and Lands End which sound good--at least from reading about it. I basically am looking, by using public transportation to find towns where I can be occupied in an entertaining fashion the whole day since I will be limited by no car. Some gorgeous rugged scenery to walk around easily in and some fun shopping and some charming in town walking, boat trips, etc. are what I am hoping to find.
This is a about a 4 day trip in August. Would appreciate your advice on what you think of Penzance, and what areas I could see that are near (using public transportation) that would be worth going to. Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 2 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 3 London Hotels
- 4 Europe itinerary questions
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 8 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 1 month in Europe
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 13 10 days in Paris and......
- 14 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 15 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 16 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 17 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 18 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 19 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 20 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 21 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 22 LIsbon
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 Iceland in 7 days.
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139