I turn to you with a slightly odd question.
Last sunday (may 10th) I was sat on a train - from Antwerp to Brussels - next to a young lady (must have been in her early twenties). To be straightforward, let me say I very much regret not asking her what her name is. I was wondering if the detail I have ring any bells. Perhaps she posted here during the planning of this trip (around fall or winter last year)?
Anyhow, she was alone on this train, yet sported two backpacks (one trekking - blue - and one simple black rucksack). So I'm not sure whether or not she was travelling solo. She had definitely already been in Amsterdam and Berlin (where she visited the fernsehturm) and was now, I suppose, going to spend the night in Brussels (where we arrived around 6 pm). I'm not exactly sure, but I think she had a long itinerary. I'm not sure where she'd been and where was headed but I suppose it would be "south". I remember seeing - scribbled in her Europe travel guide - at least a dozen other places. And also Canada...
I know this is like finding a needle in a haystack (or probably worse) but I would really like to tell her she made an impression.
The next details would only be useful for anyone who actually knows who it is I'm talking about (which is even less likely, but nonetheless I believe it to be worth a shot).
She had short hair (I'm told they call this a "pixie" haircut) which was died blonde (nearly white) and had a tiny, almost fragile appearance, with the friendliest smile I've ever seen.
She spoke English - I think she was American but she might as well have been Canadian.
With her, she had a copy of Alice Munro's "the view from castle rock".
I know this isn't your typical question for this forum - but I do believe it's pertinent. And if there is anyone that could possibly know who I'm talking about, I'm pretty sure it's here I'd find them.
If anyone has an idea, it's self-evident I'd love to hear it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Healthy eating in Rome
- 2 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 3 Italy in August with kids
- 4 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 5 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 6 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 7 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 8 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 9 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 10 For anyone in London on Wednesday 27 May - State Ooening of Parliament
- 11 French Prem Train Fares
- 12 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 13 Itenerary Opinion
- 14 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 15 Croatia - advice on where to stay in Plitvice Lakes
- 16 A Beautiful Visit to Emilia-Romagna
- 17 10 Days trip to Europe
- 18 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 19 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 20 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 21 bbc radio 4 visits Fleetwood near Blackpool
- 22 Anyone have a good word to say about Zurich?
- 23 My thoughts on Mallorca
- 24 Swiss psychiatrist and psychoanalyst Hermann Rorschach Inkblot Test
- 25 Scotland for a week with 6 1/2 year old