I turn to you with a slightly odd question.
Last sunday (may 10th) I was sat on a train - from Antwerp to Brussels - next to a young lady (must have been in her early twenties). To be straightforward, let me say I very much regret not asking her what her name is. I was wondering if the detail I have ring any bells. Perhaps she posted here during the planning of this trip (around fall or winter last year)?
Anyhow, she was alone on this train, yet sported two backpacks (one trekking - blue - and one simple black rucksack). So I'm not sure whether or not she was travelling solo. She had definitely already been in Amsterdam and Berlin (where she visited the fernsehturm) and was now, I suppose, going to spend the night in Brussels (where we arrived around 6 pm). I'm not exactly sure, but I think she had a long itinerary. I'm not sure where she'd been and where was headed but I suppose it would be "south". I remember seeing - scribbled in her Europe travel guide - at least a dozen other places. And also Canada...
I know this is like finding a needle in a haystack (or probably worse) but I would really like to tell her she made an impression.
The next details would only be useful for anyone who actually knows who it is I'm talking about (which is even less likely, but nonetheless I believe it to be worth a shot).
She had short hair (I'm told they call this a "pixie" haircut) which was died blonde (nearly white) and had a tiny, almost fragile appearance, with the friendliest smile I've ever seen.
She spoke English - I think she was American but she might as well have been Canadian.
With her, she had a copy of Alice Munro's "the view from castle rock".
I know this isn't your typical question for this forum - but I do believe it's pertinent. And if there is anyone that could possibly know who I'm talking about, I'm pretty sure it's here I'd find them.
If anyone has an idea, it's self-evident I'd love to hear it.
young lady, Euro-traveller
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 2 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 3 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 4 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 5 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 6 April in Madrid
- 7 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 8 A guide to Madrid
- 9 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 10 Ireland itinerary
- 11 Scotland and northern England
- 12 Help me with this trip
- 13 Tight Transfer at Gatwick
- 14 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 15 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 16 Looking for an agriturismo in Val d'Orcia area
- 17 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 18 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 19 Making reservations in Italy
- 20 Best london location to stay?
- 21 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 22 Renting an apt.
- 23 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 24 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 25 Three 3 Day weekends in Ireland!