I turn to you with a slightly odd question.
Last sunday (may 10th) I was sat on a train - from Antwerp to Brussels - next to a young lady (must have been in her early twenties). To be straightforward, let me say I very much regret not asking her what her name is. I was wondering if the detail I have ring any bells. Perhaps she posted here during the planning of this trip (around fall or winter last year)?
Anyhow, she was alone on this train, yet sported two backpacks (one trekking - blue - and one simple black rucksack). So I'm not sure whether or not she was travelling solo. She had definitely already been in Amsterdam and Berlin (where she visited the fernsehturm) and was now, I suppose, going to spend the night in Brussels (where we arrived around 6 pm). I'm not exactly sure, but I think she had a long itinerary. I'm not sure where she'd been and where was headed but I suppose it would be "south". I remember seeing - scribbled in her Europe travel guide - at least a dozen other places. And also Canada...
I know this is like finding a needle in a haystack (or probably worse) but I would really like to tell her she made an impression.
The next details would only be useful for anyone who actually knows who it is I'm talking about (which is even less likely, but nonetheless I believe it to be worth a shot).
She had short hair (I'm told they call this a "pixie" haircut) which was died blonde (nearly white) and had a tiny, almost fragile appearance, with the friendliest smile I've ever seen.
She spoke English - I think she was American but she might as well have been Canadian.
With her, she had a copy of Alice Munro's "the view from castle rock".
I know this isn't your typical question for this forum - but I do believe it's pertinent. And if there is anyone that could possibly know who I'm talking about, I'm pretty sure it's here I'd find them.
If anyone has an idea, it's self-evident I'd love to hear it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 2 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 3 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 4 First time in London
- 5 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 8 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 9 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 12 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 13 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 14 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 15 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 16 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 17 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 Day trips around Vienna
- 22 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 23 Praiano hotel question
- 24 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 25 First time in Bulgaria