I turn to you with a slightly odd question.
Last sunday (may 10th) I was sat on a train - from Antwerp to Brussels - next to a young lady (must have been in her early twenties). To be straightforward, let me say I very much regret not asking her what her name is. I was wondering if the detail I have ring any bells. Perhaps she posted here during the planning of this trip (around fall or winter last year)?
Anyhow, she was alone on this train, yet sported two backpacks (one trekking - blue - and one simple black rucksack). So I'm not sure whether or not she was travelling solo. She had definitely already been in Amsterdam and Berlin (where she visited the fernsehturm) and was now, I suppose, going to spend the night in Brussels (where we arrived around 6 pm). I'm not exactly sure, but I think she had a long itinerary. I'm not sure where she'd been and where was headed but I suppose it would be "south". I remember seeing - scribbled in her Europe travel guide - at least a dozen other places. And also Canada...
I know this is like finding a needle in a haystack (or probably worse) but I would really like to tell her she made an impression.
The next details would only be useful for anyone who actually knows who it is I'm talking about (which is even less likely, but nonetheless I believe it to be worth a shot).
She had short hair (I'm told they call this a "pixie" haircut) which was died blonde (nearly white) and had a tiny, almost fragile appearance, with the friendliest smile I've ever seen.
She spoke English - I think she was American but she might as well have been Canadian.
With her, she had a copy of Alice Munro's "the view from castle rock".
I know this isn't your typical question for this forum - but I do believe it's pertinent. And if there is anyone that could possibly know who I'm talking about, I'm pretty sure it's here I'd find them.
If anyone has an idea, it's self-evident I'd love to hear it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 2 Norway in November
- 3 Drive from Munich to Prague to Budapest to Vienna and return to Munich
- 4 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?
- 5 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 6 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 7 France to stop making foie grois
- 8 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 9 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 10 Dublin sights and restaurant ideas
- 11 Florence & Como - Itinerary 90% finalized - looking for insights
- 12 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 13 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 14 Input on Paris Itinerary
- 15 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 16 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 17 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 18 Best locally frequented places to eat.
- 19 Urgently need help contacting mytrip.com
- 20 Bilboa to Madrid
- 21 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 22 Using Voip on Android in US and Europe
- 23 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 24 Help us to know Italians! :^)
- 25 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)