I turn to you with a slightly odd question.
Last sunday (may 10th) I was sat on a train - from Antwerp to Brussels - next to a young lady (must have been in her early twenties). To be straightforward, let me say I very much regret not asking her what her name is. I was wondering if the detail I have ring any bells. Perhaps she posted here during the planning of this trip (around fall or winter last year)?
Anyhow, she was alone on this train, yet sported two backpacks (one trekking - blue - and one simple black rucksack). So I'm not sure whether or not she was travelling solo. She had definitely already been in Amsterdam and Berlin (where she visited the fernsehturm) and was now, I suppose, going to spend the night in Brussels (where we arrived around 6 pm). I'm not exactly sure, but I think she had a long itinerary. I'm not sure where she'd been and where was headed but I suppose it would be "south". I remember seeing - scribbled in her Europe travel guide - at least a dozen other places. And also Canada...
I know this is like finding a needle in a haystack (or probably worse) but I would really like to tell her she made an impression.
The next details would only be useful for anyone who actually knows who it is I'm talking about (which is even less likely, but nonetheless I believe it to be worth a shot).
She had short hair (I'm told they call this a "pixie" haircut) which was died blonde (nearly white) and had a tiny, almost fragile appearance, with the friendliest smile I've ever seen.
She spoke English - I think she was American but she might as well have been Canadian.
With her, she had a copy of Alice Munro's "the view from castle rock".
I know this isn't your typical question for this forum - but I do believe it's pertinent. And if there is anyone that could possibly know who I'm talking about, I'm pretty sure it's here I'd find them.
If anyone has an idea, it's self-evident I'd love to hear it.
young lady, Euro-traveller
- 1 Rental Car Pick-Up near Beaune
- 2 Finding Somene to Share the Cost of Car Rental with Driver to Tour Southern Tusacany in Mid Oct 2013
- 3 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 4 Paris Ticket t+
- 5 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 6 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 7 Train Passes
- 8 Rome apartment
- 9 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 10 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 11 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 12 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 13 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 14 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 15 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 16 Without a car in the Cote d'Azur
- 17 Gate 1 Travel is the BEST
- 18 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 19 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 20 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 21 Benita In Paris
- 22 Sagrada Familia in Barcelona: who knows what time masses are?
- 23 pier in Copenhagen
- 24 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 25 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?