Hello! I've recently begun planning my first trip to Europe with my husband for late Sept/Oct 2014 from the US. We are planning 5days in London (with a show and day trip - unsure of where yet), 5days in Paris with day trip to Normandy for D-Day beaches (are there good towns for wine not far from Paris?), overnight train to 4days in Munich with day trips to Dachau and Neuschwanstein castle (sp?) and finishing with 3-4days in Prague. We love to walk/hike, eat, and enjoy history. Looking for suggestions for London area day trips, tips for travel to Normandy and between Munich/Prague, overall lodging (apt rental vs hotels or private hostel rooms) and general encouragement. I've traveled and am comfortable in big cities (Sydney/Gold Coast AUS, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Chicago) but am a little nervous re: language barriers (I speak English/Spanish). Thank you!
Young Couple's First EuroTrip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 2 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 3 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 4 Five nights in Extremadura
- 5 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 6 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 7 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 8 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 9 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 10 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 11 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 12 trip to norway
- 13 Is Venice really dirty?
- 14 Where to go in France mid July?
- 15 Help with England/Wales tour
- 16 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 17 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 18 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 19 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 20 Best beach town in Italy?
- 21 Cotswold Churches
- 22 A Greek sojourn
- 23 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 24 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 25 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek