Hello! I've recently begun planning my first trip to Europe with my husband for late Sept/Oct 2014 from the US. We are planning 5days in London (with a show and day trip - unsure of where yet), 5days in Paris with day trip to Normandy for D-Day beaches (are there good towns for wine not far from Paris?), overnight train to 4days in Munich with day trips to Dachau and Neuschwanstein castle (sp?) and finishing with 3-4days in Prague. We love to walk/hike, eat, and enjoy history. Looking for suggestions for London area day trips, tips for travel to Normandy and between Munich/Prague, overall lodging (apt rental vs hotels or private hostel rooms) and general encouragement. I've traveled and am comfortable in big cities (Sydney/Gold Coast AUS, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Chicago) but am a little nervous re: language barriers (I speak English/Spanish). Thank you!
Young Couple's First EuroTrip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 days in Greece
- 2 Estonia Amber
- 3 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 4 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 5 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 6 Day trip on the Rhine
- 7 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 8 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 9 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 10 Paris in April?
- 11 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 12 Flam, Norway railway
- 13 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 14 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 15 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 16 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 17 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 18 Sicily Suggetions
- 19 He said , she said
- 20 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 21 car rental companies Italy
- 22 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)
- 23 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 24 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 25 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?