Hello! I've recently begun planning my first trip to Europe with my husband for late Sept/Oct 2014 from the US. We are planning 5days in London (with a show and day trip - unsure of where yet), 5days in Paris with day trip to Normandy for D-Day beaches (are there good towns for wine not far from Paris?), overnight train to 4days in Munich with day trips to Dachau and Neuschwanstein castle (sp?) and finishing with 3-4days in Prague. We love to walk/hike, eat, and enjoy history. Looking for suggestions for London area day trips, tips for travel to Normandy and between Munich/Prague, overall lodging (apt rental vs hotels or private hostel rooms) and general encouragement. I've traveled and am comfortable in big cities (Sydney/Gold Coast AUS, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Chicago) but am a little nervous re: language barriers (I speak English/Spanish). Thank you!
Young Couple's First EuroTrip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 2 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 3 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 4 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 5 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 6 Open Jaw Ticket...NYC-LHR;FCO-NYC Cost
- 7 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 8 Question: import tax on personal musical instruments?
- 9 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 10 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 11 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 12 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 13 Greece after the Vote
- 14 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 15 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 16 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 17 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 18 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 19 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 20 Satnav maps update
- 21 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 22 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 23 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 24 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 25 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris