Hello! I've recently begun planning my first trip to Europe with my husband for late Sept/Oct 2014 from the US. We are planning 5days in London (with a show and day trip - unsure of where yet), 5days in Paris with day trip to Normandy for D-Day beaches (are there good towns for wine not far from Paris?), overnight train to 4days in Munich with day trips to Dachau and Neuschwanstein castle (sp?) and finishing with 3-4days in Prague. We love to walk/hike, eat, and enjoy history. Looking for suggestions for London area day trips, tips for travel to Normandy and between Munich/Prague, overall lodging (apt rental vs hotels or private hostel rooms) and general encouragement. I've traveled and am comfortable in big cities (Sydney/Gold Coast AUS, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Chicago) but am a little nervous re: language barriers (I speak English/Spanish). Thank you!
Young Couple's First EuroTrip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 2 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 3 Help With Vienna
- 4 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?
- 5 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 6 Turkey Family Vacation packages From India.
- 7 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 8 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 9 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 10 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 11 Nice or Marseille??
- 12 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 13 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 14 Air pollution in Paris
- 15 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 16 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 17 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 18 France, Italy and Greec
- 19 gites de france or agritourism
- 20 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 21 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 22 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 23 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 24 Trains in Italy
- 25 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City