Hello! I've recently begun planning my first trip to Europe with my husband for late Sept/Oct 2014 from the US. We are planning 5days in London (with a show and day trip - unsure of where yet), 5days in Paris with day trip to Normandy for D-Day beaches (are there good towns for wine not far from Paris?), overnight train to 4days in Munich with day trips to Dachau and Neuschwanstein castle (sp?) and finishing with 3-4days in Prague. We love to walk/hike, eat, and enjoy history. Looking for suggestions for London area day trips, tips for travel to Normandy and between Munich/Prague, overall lodging (apt rental vs hotels or private hostel rooms) and general encouragement. I've traveled and am comfortable in big cities (Sydney/Gold Coast AUS, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Chicago) but am a little nervous re: language barriers (I speak English/Spanish). Thank you!
Young Couple's First EuroTrip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 2 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 3 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 4 Trains
- 5 Paris Bastille Day
- 6 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 7 Paris Art Galleries
- 8 Underground Ticket Office Closures---Effects Yet?
- 9 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 10 malaga to madrid train ?
- 11 Anyone been to Fastnacht or Fasnacht in Switzerland?
- 12 5 days in England (flying into Heathrow) before cruise- where to visit
- 13 Amsterdam Hotel or B&B Recommendation
- 14 Denmark cycle tour
- 15 Restaurant recommendations in Copenhagen
- 16 Barcelona restaurants
- 17 Accommodation
- 18 Italy for 5 nights!
- 19 Is Rome and Amalfi safe for women?
- 20 netherland & belgium 7 days pls help
- 21 Travel to San Gimignano
- 22 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break
- 23 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 24 car rental agency
- 25 1 month & unrealistic expectations