Hello! I've recently begun planning my first trip to Europe with my husband for late Sept/Oct 2014 from the US. We are planning 5days in London (with a show and day trip - unsure of where yet), 5days in Paris with day trip to Normandy for D-Day beaches (are there good towns for wine not far from Paris?), overnight train to 4days in Munich with day trips to Dachau and Neuschwanstein castle (sp?) and finishing with 3-4days in Prague. We love to walk/hike, eat, and enjoy history. Looking for suggestions for London area day trips, tips for travel to Normandy and between Munich/Prague, overall lodging (apt rental vs hotels or private hostel rooms) and general encouragement. I've traveled and am comfortable in big cities (Sydney/Gold Coast AUS, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Chicago) but am a little nervous re: language barriers (I speak English/Spanish). Thank you!
Young Couple's First EuroTrip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 2 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 3 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 4 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 5 Paris and where else?
- 6 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 7 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 8 Christmas windows in Paris
- 9 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 10 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 11 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 12 Internet or travel agent?
- 13 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 14 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 15 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 16 Autumn in Paris
- 17 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 18 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 19 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 20 Raining in rome
- 21 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 22 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 23 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 24 Italian Lakes
- 25 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list