Hello! I've recently begun planning my first trip to Europe with my husband for late Sept/Oct 2014 from the US. We are planning 5days in London (with a show and day trip - unsure of where yet), 5days in Paris with day trip to Normandy for D-Day beaches (are there good towns for wine not far from Paris?), overnight train to 4days in Munich with day trips to Dachau and Neuschwanstein castle (sp?) and finishing with 3-4days in Prague. We love to walk/hike, eat, and enjoy history. Looking for suggestions for London area day trips, tips for travel to Normandy and between Munich/Prague, overall lodging (apt rental vs hotels or private hostel rooms) and general encouragement. I've traveled and am comfortable in big cities (Sydney/Gold Coast AUS, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Chicago) but am a little nervous re: language barriers (I speak English/Spanish). Thank you!
Young Couple's First EuroTrip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 2 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 3 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 4 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 5 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 6 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 7 Stonehenge and Bath
- 8 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 9 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 10 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 13 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 14 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 15 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 16 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 17 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 18 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 19 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 20 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 21 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 22 Five nights in Extremadura
- 23 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 24 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 25 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"