We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 2 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 3 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 4 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 5 Jewelry in Bologna, Italy
- 6 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 7 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 8 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 9 Referendum in Greece
- 10 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 11 Switzeraland Iternary
- 12 10 days in spain
- 13 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 14 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 15 Texans Take a Tour
- 16 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 17 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands
- 18 Train Travel in Germany
- 19 barcelona
- 20 One night in Amsterdam?
- 21 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 22 Barcelona Itinerary
- 23 Rome Walking Guide
- 24 Traveling around Castile-Leon
- 25 Naples?