We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 2 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 3 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 4 3 weeks in Sicily
- 5 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 6 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 7 Raining in rome
- 8 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 9 Fabulous Palermo
- 10 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 11 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 12 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 13 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 14 Portugal in January
- 15 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 16 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 17 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 18 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 19 Portugal epidemic warning (November 2014)!
- 20 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 21 Naxos in May
- 22 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 25 Please help! 3weeks Europe Holiday Itinerary holiday