We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting the Black Forest
- 2 Dover queues
- 3 Naples or Genoa
- 4 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 7 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 8 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 9 Car hire
- 10 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 11 Puglia
- 12 Manchester on derby weekend
- 13 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 14 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 15 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 16 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 17 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 18 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 19 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 20 Barcelona to Morocco
- 21 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 22 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 23 "Doors of Italy", a free screensaver
- 24 From London to Paris to US
- 25 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?