We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian
- 2 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 3 Planning a European Trip
- 4 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 5 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 6 Lisbon trip report
- 7 restaurants in Marais district
- 8 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 9 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 10 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 11 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 12 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 13 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 14 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 15 Ireland travel passport question
- 16 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 21 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 22 Norway Itinerary
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 25 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)