We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 3 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 4 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 5 Europe itinerary help!
- 6 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 7 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 Shorts in South of France?
- 10 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 11 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 12 Which Day?
- 13 barcelona neighborhood
- 14 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 15 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 16 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 17 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 18 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 21 Les Invalides Night Show
- 22 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 23 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 24 Best Greek Island
- 25 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL