We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 2 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 3 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 4 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 Reykjavik hotels
- 7 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 8 I dream of Europe
- 9 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 10 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 11 First Time to UK since 2001
- 12 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 13 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 14 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 15 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 16 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 17 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 18 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 19 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 20 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 21 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 22 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 23 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 24 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two