We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 2 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 3 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 4 Italy weather last week of March.
- 5 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 6 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 7 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 8 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 9 Alhambra
- 10 Antwerp Tram
- 11 Paris weather
- 12 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 13 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 14 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 15 Day trip from Munich to Salzburg?
- 16 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 17 Advice for London 2 days
- 18 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 19 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 20 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 21 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 22 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 23 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 24 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 25 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?