We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 2 London day trips, especially castles
- 3 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 4 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 5 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 6 Hotel in Venice
- 7 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 8 Zurich, Switzerland
- 9 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 10 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 13 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 14 Day trips from Marseille
- 15 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 16 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 17 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 18 A drive in Europe
- 19 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 22 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 23 Day trips
- 24 London tube
- 25 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014