We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milano Linate to Milano Centrale Question
- 2 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 3 How to get from Athens airport to Kalamata
- 4 Dingle Slea Head Tour or Coastline Tour
- 5 May or September?
- 6 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
- 7 Round trip to Bergen question
- 8 Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!
- 9 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 10 IDP for Scotland
- 11 10 Days in Sud Tirol & Dolomites
- 12 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 13 First Trip to Italy. Need Help on Accommodations in Tuscany
- 14 Amsterdam and beyond
- 15 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 16 An October day in the Luberon
- 17 Italy, Spain and France
- 18 Should I buy Italy/France flight with Award Miles?!
- 19 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 20 Tell me about the Dupleix Metro stop area of Paris
- 21 Valencia Oct 6-8 Swim in Sea?
- 22 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 23 Restaurant recommendations in Cascais Portugal
- 24 Paris-Best to visit end of October.. or during Christmas time?
- 25 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland