We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solid Wood Furniture For Sale Midlands
- 2 Berlin / Cologne / Rothenburg / Neuschwanstein
- 3 cheap balloon ride in Cappadocia, Turkey?
- 4 To europe this Aug
- 5 Are Cappadocia Hot Air Balloon Rides Cold ?
- 6 Lagos Walking Tour
- 7 Which ballooning company should we use in Cappadocia?
- 8 http://www.piratetoyshop.com/max-gain-xtreme/
- 9 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 10 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 11 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 12 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 13 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 14 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 15 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 16 want to use Iphone in UK and Italy
- 17 HOTEL IN STOCKHOLM
- 18 http://megacleanseradvice.com/io-boost-reviews/
- 19 DO NOT USE GO TODAY.COM!
- 20 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 21 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 22 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 23 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 24 Norwegian Countryside
- 25 Just Back from Norway