We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 2 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 3 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 4 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 5 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 6 Park Guell in Barcelona
- 7 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 8 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 9 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 10 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 11 capital one 360 debit card use in italy
- 12 Prepaid cell phone, CDG
- 13 Stockholm Trip Report
- 14 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 15 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 16 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 17 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 18 Venice - boats on canals
- 19 Belated Paris trip report, May 16-24 2014 part 2: the actual trip
- 20 Finalizing our Austria and Switzerland trip - last minute advice?
- 21 There's No Place Like London: Part 2
- 22 Carry On Luggage
- 23 France: which maps?
- 24 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 25 luggage suggestions