We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 4 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 5 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 6 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 7 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 8 9 days in turkey
- 9 Burg Eltz
- 10 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 11 Germany-berlin marathon
- 12 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 13 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 16 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 17 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 18 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 19 itinerary help
- 20 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 21 Nice Video about Poland
- 22 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 23 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 24 Reims for a day
- 25 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?