We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 how best to arrive to sarlat from paris
- 2 Bus ticket to Siena
- 3 Need help for a Spain solo trip
- 4 Istanbul to budapest
- 5 Slovenia with ease
- 6 slovenia travel base
- 7 watching Comcast Xfinity on my computer in Sicily
- 8 Stops from Prague to Paris
- 9 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 10 Hotel Florescente, Lisbon
- 11 London theatre
- 12 Mirrors?
- 13 British Airways, anyone?
- 14 Please suggest on travel plan to UK. Ireland
- 15 Family Visit CarrickonShannon (Leitrim) then trip to London/Paris
- 16 Traveling between Madrid and Barcelona
- 17 Suggest cheapest commute to belfast from UK
- 18 Train Tickets in Spain
- 19 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 20 Airport Strikes in Spain
- 21 Budapest main train station status
- 22 Sarajevo to Mostar by train or bus
- 23 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 24 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 25 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?