We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 2 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 3 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 6 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 7 First time in Bulgaria
- 8 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 9 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 10 Alps Drive
- 11 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 St Denis Cathedral
- 15 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 16 Paris cooking classes
- 17 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 18 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 19 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 20 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 21 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Praiano
- 24 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 25 Help please