We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Montreux, Interlaken, Lucerne or Lauterbrunnen?
- 2 8 days in switzerland
- 3 Sienna with kids
- 4 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 5 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 6 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 7 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 8 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 9 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 10 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 11 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 12 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 13 Must sees in Malaga
- 14 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 15 motion sickness on air conditioned motor coaches, trains, etc
- 16 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 17 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 18 Classical Music in Milan
- 19 12 nights in Greek islands
- 20 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 21 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 22 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 23 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 24 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 25 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er