We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me make this possible!
- 2 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 3 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 4 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 5 Car Rental
- 6 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 7 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 8 First visit to London
- 9 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 10 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 11 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 12 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 13 Balkans
- 14 My first trip to Crete
- 15 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 16 Ireland Trip
- 17 London is it worth it?
- 18 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 19 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 20 Final advice (I think) Restaurants!
- 21 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 22 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 23 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 24 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 25 First Trip to Italy- Help!