We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where can I get pre-euro banknotes?
- 2 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 3 Taragona best way there from Barcelona
- 4 Eiffel Tower in mid-June without pre-booking
- 5 Car rental in Santorini port
- 6 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 7 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 8 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 9 Train or flight from Paris to Munich?
- 10 explore Italy on a budget
- 11 Britain Itinerary Suggestions
- 12 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 13 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 14 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 15 French Prem Train Fares
- 16 Croatia Trip Report Part 1
- 17 Where can I get Russian rubles?
- 18 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 19 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 20 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 21 Livorno shore excursion 3 choices ?
- 22 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 23 Greece- 8/9 DAYS
- 24 Dublin to Dingle?
- 25 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days