We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 2 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 5 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 6 2 days in Lugano area
- 7 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 8 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 9 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 10 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 11 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 12 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 13 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 14 Help on ancient history route
- 15 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 16 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 17 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 18 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 19 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 20 Switzerland in October
- 21 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 22 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 23 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 24 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 25 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?