We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England in a week - what's realistic
- 2 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 3 Enjoying England for a year!
- 4 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 5 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 6 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 7 French Riviera
- 8 0ne day trip from Lisbon to Porto
- 9 Stonehenge and Bath
- 10 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 11 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 12 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 13 Seeking apartment recommendations in a Chanti village
- 14 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 15 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 16 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 17 Car necessary in Wengen, Switzerland
- 18 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 19 Barcelona extension
- 20 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 21 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 22 My First Trip to Europe...
- 23 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 24 From Genoa to Rome...
- 25 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...