We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 2 Train help for Prague
- 3 Germany train help!
- 4 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 5 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 8 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 9 Acropolis Athens
- 10 Interesting places to visit
- 11 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 12 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 13 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 14 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 15 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 16 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 17 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 18 Swiss Travel Pass
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 22 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 23 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 24 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 25 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You