We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul water
- 2 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 3 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 4 Day Trips from Nice
- 5 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 6 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 7 Madrid: City Views
- 8 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 9 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 10 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 11 Norway 2014
- 12 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 13 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 14 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 15 London restaurants
- 16 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 17 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 18 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 19 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 20 Siena Favorites?
- 21 biking in France
- 22 using airbnb for the first time...
- 23 Help - road trip from Munich to Bruges
- 24 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 25 Help with France itinerary