We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 2 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 3 Olive Oil
- 4 Itinerary for Germany, Italy and Austria
- 5 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 6 Transports in Santorini
- 7 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 8 Scotland Votes "No"
- 9 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 10 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 11 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 12 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 13 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 14 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 15 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 16 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 17 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 18 Venice cruise terminal to San Marcos, and San Marcos to airport?
- 19 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 20 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 21 Portugal 15 day Itinerary Help
- 22 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 23 french riviera
- 24 Hey Fodor's
- 25 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?