We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 2 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 3 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 4 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 5 Europe itinerary advice
- 6 Bayeux tapestry
- 7 Bus ride to Positano
- 8 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 9 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 10 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 11 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 12 Camino No-No
- 13 Advice for large family trip to Ireland next summer
- 14 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 15 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 16 Group Transportation in French Riviera
- 17 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 18 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 19 Anywhere to run in Granada?
- 20 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 21 Is Capri overrated?
- 22 A week in Paris
- 23 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 24 Day trips from Budapest and Vienna
- 25 Train des Pignes