We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 2 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 5 Azores
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 French open
- 8 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 9 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 12 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 13 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 14 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 15 England and Scotland
- 16 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 17 Air pollution in Paris
- 18 tulips in the Netherland
- 19 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 20 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 21 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 22 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 Azores