We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 2 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 3 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 4 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 5 Travel vs. Babies
- 6 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 7 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 8 European Cooking Secrets
- 9 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 10 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 11 Basque country ideas
- 12 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 13 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 14 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 15 First trip to Italy
- 16 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 17 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 18 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 19 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 20 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 21 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 22 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 23 20 Days in Europe
- 24 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 25 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.