We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 2 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 3 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 4 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 5 Best beach town in Italy?
- 6 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 7 Weekend in Norfolk
- 8 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 9 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 10 10-12 days in Europe....leaving on 12/26.....where would you go and why?
- 11 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 13 A Greek sojourn
- 14 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 15 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 16 Halloween in Paris
- 17 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 18 Cotswold Churches
- 19 chrismas in rome
- 20 Island Hopping and Whisky Tasting in South West Scotland
- 21 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 22 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 23 I dream of Europe
- 24 My notes on Greece 101
- 25 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France