We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question on France travel
- 2 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 3 Autumn in Paris
- 4 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 5 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 6 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 7 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 8 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 9 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 10 Ireland or Scotland
- 11 Italy and Croatia
- 12 St Germain
- 13 Where to go in France mid July?
- 14 trip to norway
- 15 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 16 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 17 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 18 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 19 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 20 Cruise the River Shannon
- 21 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 22 Food tours in Rome?
- 23 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 24 Rome Food Tour
- 25 How late is too late for a trip report?