We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 2 Spend the day in Geneva or go straight to Chamonix?
- 3 Questions about the Chateau de Vincennes
- 4 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 5 Whose repsonsible?
- 6 Italy things to do?
- 7 Spending money in Italy?
- 8 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 9 stop in lisboa or not
- 10 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 11 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 12 Croacia in october
- 13 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 14 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 15 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 16 Sweet 16 Iceland Trip -- suggestions please
- 17 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 18 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 19 Getting From Italy to London
- 20 Stay away from EF Tours
- 21 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 23 Getting cash in Spain
- 24 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 25 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!