We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
- 1 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 2 Family European winter holiday
- 3 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 4 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 5 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 6 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 7 Travel by train or bus
- 8 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 9 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 10 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 11 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 12 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 13 Euro Train
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 16 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 17 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 Planning a holiday
- 22 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 25 Advises for trip to Russia