We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight Layover in Berlin
- 2 Train from Sarlat
- 3 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 4 Naples to Milan, train or plane?
- 5 Norway in June with parents.
- 6 Help with tour of Norway please.
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 Living and Studying in Moscow Russia
- 9 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 10 Airb2b in Paris
- 11 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 12 La Vacanza (quasi) perfetta - Rome and Barcelona Trip Report
- 13 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 14 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 15 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 16 Trains Austria
- 17 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 18 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 19 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 20 Colmar, France - What do do for family visit?
- 21 April in Madrid
- 22 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 23 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 24 How many days to stay in Madrid? (1st time travel to there..)
- 25 Why Bilbao is the perfect getaway for foodies...