We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Krakow on Christmas Day?
- 2 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 3 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 4 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 5 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 6 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 7 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 8 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 9 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 10 Holland/France/Spain
- 11 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 12 FindYourItaly Tour Company Reviews?
- 13 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 14 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 15 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 16 Car rental leaving Rome
- 17 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 18 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 19 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 20 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 21 Greece in March?
- 22 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 23 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 24 Why Not Helsinki?
- 25 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve