We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 2 21 Days in Central Europe
- 3 My itinerary for Greece
- 4 London visit
- 5 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 6 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 7 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 8 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 9 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 10 London 2nd time around
- 11 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 12 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 13 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 14 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 15 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 16 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 17 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 18 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 19 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 20 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 21 Budget for 3 Month's
- 22 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 23 Questions for my German friends
- 24 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 25 Cornwall Trip Addition