We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain Itinerary Help
- 2 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 3 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 4 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 5 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 6 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 7 Amalfi coast
- 8 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 9 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 10 Rail pass question
- 11 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 12 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 13 12 days europe
- 14 Zynev is Scam? READ Before Try It
- 15 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 16 If you had four months...
- 17 Trip Report: a Douro river cruise and Porto
- 18 Day Trips out of Portland, Dorset
- 19 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 20 GD Designs Rochdale Reviews (30)
- 21 Convents in Venice
- 22 cell phone companys
- 23 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 24 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 25 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?