We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 2 Day trips around Vienna
- 3 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 4 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 5 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 6 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 7 Vacation
- 8 Rouen Tour Companies
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 11 Praiano hotel question
- 12 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 13 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 St Denis Cathedral
- 16 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 17 Italy bus or train
- 18 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 19 Ireland itinerary help please
- 20 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 21 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 22 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 23 Rome-Itinerary
- 24 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 25 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?