We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Boutique Hotel
- 2 A few hours in Rotterdam
- 3 Phone for GPS in Italy/Europe--T Mobile Simple Choice ? Buy a SIM card?
- 4 Paris transport
- 5 At least 13 dead as flash floods hit the French Riviera
- 6 pick pockets in Rome
- 7 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 8 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 9 10 day Italian Honeymoon in December
- 10 Is Capri worth going to?
- 11 French Toll Roads Chip & sign Credit Card Payments
- 12 Calling kimhe: Recommendation for concert at Palau de La Musica Catalana
- 13 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 14 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 15 Traffic Tickets - Why Should I Pay?
- 16 Salzburg, Vienna & Bratislava, Dec-Jan
- 17 Paris in April
- 18 MXP to Florence
- 19 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 20 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 21 What's your best driving experience in Europe?
- 22 Base for 3 days in Galicia
- 23 Itinerary for 33 days, Portugal-Spain-Morocco, sensible?
- 24 Which City with Paris
- 25 Which town-base for Lake Garda