We're a young(ish) couple - 27 and 29, and we're going to Istanbul for 4 full days at the end of the month (flight dates 29 March - 4 April). We've never been to Turkey before and would love some recommendations of things to see and do. Obviously, we'd like to do all the big tourist sites, but would also love recommendations for street markets, little cafes or other gems.
Would anyone be able to recommend a Kindle guide book, suitable for our age group and low(ish) budget? We's also love any restaurant/cafe/bar recommendations. We don't mind splashing out on one or two meals, but the rest of the time, we're looking for something reasonably priced and quick (but good quality/clean!)
Any no-go areas or things we need to watch out for? Any common problems with taxis? Would we be better taking the metro?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Young couple - first time in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 2 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 3 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 4 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 5 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 6 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 7 Satnav maps update
- 8 Greece after the Vote
- 9 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 10 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 11 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 12 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 13 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 14 mallorca
- 15 April in Madrid
- 16 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 17 France to Italy advice needed please
- 18 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 19 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 20 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 21 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 22 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 23 Question: import tax on personal musical instruments?
- 24 Hamburg, worth a visit?
- 25 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina