Hi fellow Fodorites-
I went on a 1-week solo trip in mid-April this year to Northern Bavaria region (aka Franconia) and visited several towns including Nürnberg, Bayreuth, Bamberg & Würzburg.
The trip was wonderful, and I really enjoyed my visit in April for the following reasons:
1) LACK of tourists. For the most part, the tourists I saw are German-speaking. In Bayreuth, I think I was the only tourist in town. I didn't run into any Japanese tour groups until I reached Würzburg. I didn't even hear any American English until my last day in Frankfurt.
2) Beautiful weather. Spring has just arrived in Germany during that time of year. Everything in sight is blooming. Temperatures were 40s at night and high 60s during the day. Perfect!
3) Spargel season. I first had spargel (white asparagus) in Salzburg in 2003. Had them again in Antwerp in 2005. This time, I had it every day - I think. They are so fragrant and tender, just absolutely delicious.
Actual trip report to come...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 2 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 3 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 4 Paris to the Past, by Ina Caro
- 5 Where can I buy a gounded plug adapter for Switzerland?
- 6 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 7 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 8 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 9 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 10 Need advice on Greek islands
- 11 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 12 Florence and Rome
- 13 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 14 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 15 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 16 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 17 Netflix and Hulu
- 18 Sentimental Journey
- 19 Best route Stratford to Chatsworth House
- 20 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 21 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 22 Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest which to choose?
- 23 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 24 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 25 If you like to live your life in fear, read this
yk's trip to Nürnberg, Bayreuth, Bamberg & Würzburg - with lots of spargel!
Hi fellow Fodorites-