Hi fellow Fodorites-
I went on a 1-week solo trip in mid-April this year to Northern Bavaria region (aka Franconia) and visited several towns including Nürnberg, Bayreuth, Bamberg & Würzburg.
The trip was wonderful, and I really enjoyed my visit in April for the following reasons:
1) LACK of tourists. For the most part, the tourists I saw are German-speaking. In Bayreuth, I think I was the only tourist in town. I didn't run into any Japanese tour groups until I reached Würzburg. I didn't even hear any American English until my last day in Frankfurt.
2) Beautiful weather. Spring has just arrived in Germany during that time of year. Everything in sight is blooming. Temperatures were 40s at night and high 60s during the day. Perfect!
3) Spargel season. I first had spargel (white asparagus) in Salzburg in 2003. Had them again in Antwerp in 2005. This time, I had it every day - I think. They are so fragrant and tender, just absolutely delicious.
Actual trip report to come...
yk's trip to Nürnberg, Bayreuth, Bamberg & Würzburg - with lots of spargel!
Hi fellow Fodorites-
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 train to Vernon France
- 2 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 3 Augsburg with kids
- 4 Car service w/ baby car seat: London & Paris
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 7 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 8 Hotel in Venice
- 9 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 10 Getting married planning 6-8 week honeymoon in Europe & need YOUR advice!
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 13 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 14 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 15 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 16 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 17 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 18 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 19 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 20 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 23 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 24 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 25 St Pancras to Holburn tube station