Hi fellow Fodorites-
I went on a 1-week solo trip in mid-April this year to Northern Bavaria region (aka Franconia) and visited several towns including Nürnberg, Bayreuth, Bamberg & Würzburg.
The trip was wonderful, and I really enjoyed my visit in April for the following reasons:
1) LACK of tourists. For the most part, the tourists I saw are German-speaking. In Bayreuth, I think I was the only tourist in town. I didn't run into any Japanese tour groups until I reached Würzburg. I didn't even hear any American English until my last day in Frankfurt.
2) Beautiful weather. Spring has just arrived in Germany during that time of year. Everything in sight is blooming. Temperatures were 40s at night and high 60s during the day. Perfect!
3) Spargel season. I first had spargel (white asparagus) in Salzburg in 2003. Had them again in Antwerp in 2005. This time, I had it every day - I think. They are so fragrant and tender, just absolutely delicious.
Actual trip report to come...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 2 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 3 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 4 honeymoon in november
- 5 enlighten, brightens and
- 6 Italy Countryside Itinerary help
- 7 Amsterdam in August
- 8 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 9 Train from Rome to Naples
- 10 Shuttle From Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre
- 11 Into Barcelona out of Madrid !! Help!!?
- 12 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 13 Best airport Car services
- 14 http://advancedtrimsite.com/pro-muscle-elite-edition/
- 15 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 16 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 17 Terminal 1 CDG Airport to Le Bus Direct Line 2 Station Airport
- 18 http://www.levantecreamtrial.com/beverly-hills-md-dark-spot-corrector/
- 19 Day in London
- 20 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 21 sim card
- 22 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 23 Lake Garda- Italy
- 24 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 25 European Championship
yk's trip to Nürnberg, Bayreuth, Bamberg & Würzburg - with lots of spargel!
Hi fellow Fodorites-