Hi fellow Fodorites-
I went on a 1-week solo trip in mid-April this year to Northern Bavaria region (aka Franconia) and visited several towns including Nürnberg, Bayreuth, Bamberg & Würzburg.
The trip was wonderful, and I really enjoyed my visit in April for the following reasons:
1) LACK of tourists. For the most part, the tourists I saw are German-speaking. In Bayreuth, I think I was the only tourist in town. I didn't run into any Japanese tour groups until I reached Würzburg. I didn't even hear any American English until my last day in Frankfurt.
2) Beautiful weather. Spring has just arrived in Germany during that time of year. Everything in sight is blooming. Temperatures were 40s at night and high 60s during the day. Perfect!
3) Spargel season. I first had spargel (white asparagus) in Salzburg in 2003. Had them again in Antwerp in 2005. This time, I had it every day - I think. They are so fragrant and tender, just absolutely delicious.
Actual trip report to come...
yk's trip to Nürnberg, Bayreuth, Bamberg & Würzburg - with lots of spargel!
Hi fellow Fodorites-
- 1 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 2 Dresden Train Station
- 3 Family European winter holiday
- 4 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 5 2 Week European Itinerary
- 6 rent car / Munich
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 8 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 9 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 13 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 14 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 15 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 16 Channel Islands
- 17 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe
- 18 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 21 Euro Train
- 22 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 23 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 24 Chambermaid tipping
- 25 TGV and Provence questions