Hi fellow Fodorites-
I went on a 1-week solo trip in mid-April this year to Northern Bavaria region (aka Franconia) and visited several towns including Nürnberg, Bayreuth, Bamberg & Würzburg.
The trip was wonderful, and I really enjoyed my visit in April for the following reasons:
1) LACK of tourists. For the most part, the tourists I saw are German-speaking. In Bayreuth, I think I was the only tourist in town. I didn't run into any Japanese tour groups until I reached Würzburg. I didn't even hear any American English until my last day in Frankfurt.
2) Beautiful weather. Spring has just arrived in Germany during that time of year. Everything in sight is blooming. Temperatures were 40s at night and high 60s during the day. Perfect!
3) Spargel season. I first had spargel (white asparagus) in Salzburg in 2003. Had them again in Antwerp in 2005. This time, I had it every day - I think. They are so fragrant and tender, just absolutely delicious.
Actual trip report to come...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 2 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Vacation in Great Britain
- 5 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 6 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 7 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 8 We're here!
- 9 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 10 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 11 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 Info about Poland
- 14 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 15 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 16 Barcelona question
- 17 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 18 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 19 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 22 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 23 Interesting places to visit
- 24 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 25 Short Spain Trip - questions
yk's trip to Nürnberg, Bayreuth, Bamberg & Würzburg - with lots of spargel!
Hi fellow Fodorites-