Hi fellow Fodorites-
I went on a 1-week solo trip in mid-April this year to Northern Bavaria region (aka Franconia) and visited several towns including Nürnberg, Bayreuth, Bamberg & Würzburg.
The trip was wonderful, and I really enjoyed my visit in April for the following reasons:
1) LACK of tourists. For the most part, the tourists I saw are German-speaking. In Bayreuth, I think I was the only tourist in town. I didn't run into any Japanese tour groups until I reached Würzburg. I didn't even hear any American English until my last day in Frankfurt.
2) Beautiful weather. Spring has just arrived in Germany during that time of year. Everything in sight is blooming. Temperatures were 40s at night and high 60s during the day. Perfect!
3) Spargel season. I first had spargel (white asparagus) in Salzburg in 2003. Had them again in Antwerp in 2005. This time, I had it every day - I think. They are so fragrant and tender, just absolutely delicious.
Actual trip report to come...
yk's trip to Nürnberg, Bayreuth, Bamberg & Würzburg - with lots of spargel!
Hi fellow Fodorites-
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about arriving and spending the day in Naples
- 2 Dublin Layover Suggestions
- 3 GPS in France
- 4 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 5 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 6 Car Rental Pickup -- Dubrovnik / Split City Center or Airport Locations?
- 7 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria
- 8 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 9 Provence planning
- 10 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 11 Ireland Trip in Spring
- 12 England, Paris itinerary help
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 15 I went to Paris in June
- 16 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 17 Shipping bags home
- 18 Narrowing down our itinerary...Paris-Venice-Rome
- 19 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 20 small group tours of turkey and greece
- 21 Italy in late June - 10 days. Should we do Rome, Florence AND Venice?
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux TGV
- 23 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 24 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 25 Itinerary for July trip to France, Germany and Italy