DH & I returned yesterday from a 6-day trip to Vienna, with a brief stopover in London. It'll take me a few days to finish my trip report, but I'll start by saying that we both love Vienna! We wish we had more time there, and certainly plan to return to Vienna in the future.
We love art and classical music, and Vienna (as well as London) certainly does not disappoint. To whet your appetite a bit, we went to quite a few art museums and exhibitions:
- Velazquez exhibit at National Gallery in London
- Holbein exhibit at Tate Britain
- Kunsthistorisches Museum, Belvedere, Albertina in Vienna
We also attended the Royal Opera in London, Staatsoper in Vienna, and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra at the Musikverein.
On the downside, I got sick on the day we arrived in Vienna and puked nonstop for about 7 hours...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Barcelona
- 4 Spain and South of France
- 5 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 6 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 7 Overnight at Heathrow
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 France, UK and Ireland
- 10 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 11 Ronda Wine/biking
- 12 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 13 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Andalucia itinerary help
- 16 Santorini lodging
- 17 Germany family road trip help!
- 18 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 19 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 20 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 21 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 22 Prague
- 23 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 24 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 25 9 days in London
yk's trip report to Vienna (with a 24-hr stop in London) Nov 2006