DH & I returned yesterday from a 6-day trip to Vienna, with a brief stopover in London. It'll take me a few days to finish my trip report, but I'll start by saying that we both love Vienna! We wish we had more time there, and certainly plan to return to Vienna in the future.
We love art and classical music, and Vienna (as well as London) certainly does not disappoint. To whet your appetite a bit, we went to quite a few art museums and exhibitions:
- Velazquez exhibit at National Gallery in London
- Holbein exhibit at Tate Britain
- Kunsthistorisches Museum, Belvedere, Albertina in Vienna
We also attended the Royal Opera in London, Staatsoper in Vienna, and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra at the Musikverein.
On the downside, I got sick on the day we arrived in Vienna and puked nonstop for about 7 hours...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 2 London's Must Sights!
- 3 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 4 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 5 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 6 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 7 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 8 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 9 First trip to Italy
- 10 England and Wales by public transport
- 11 Vienna or Budapest?
- 12 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 13 Ireland & Scotland
- 14 Scenic Driving Routes
- 15 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 16 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 17 Andalucia in December
- 18 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 19 Budapest Hotels
- 20 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 21 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 22 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 23 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 24 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 25 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
yk's trip report to Vienna (with a 24-hr stop in London) Nov 2006