DH & I returned yesterday from a 6-day trip to Vienna, with a brief stopover in London. It'll take me a few days to finish my trip report, but I'll start by saying that we both love Vienna! We wish we had more time there, and certainly plan to return to Vienna in the future.
We love art and classical music, and Vienna (as well as London) certainly does not disappoint. To whet your appetite a bit, we went to quite a few art museums and exhibitions:
- Velazquez exhibit at National Gallery in London
- Holbein exhibit at Tate Britain
- Kunsthistorisches Museum, Belvedere, Albertina in Vienna
We also attended the Royal Opera in London, Staatsoper in Vienna, and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra at the Musikverein.
On the downside, I got sick on the day we arrived in Vienna and puked nonstop for about 7 hours...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Private Driver in Bologna
- 2 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
- 3 Rome at Christmas
- 4 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 5 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 6 tipping
- 7 Advice about Naples?
- 8 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 9 London Paris
- 10 Santorini and Positano.
- 11 Romania: Visa and Schengen
- 12 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 13 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 14 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 15 Scotland Itinerary
- 16 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 17 Provins on a weekday?
- 18 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 19 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 20 Sorrento or Positano
- 21 Where to go? Iceland vs Czech Republic?
- 22 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 23 The One Trip to Rule Them All
- 24 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 25 Croatia Itinerary Help
yk's trip report to Vienna (with a 24-hr stop in London) Nov 2006