DH & I returned yesterday from a 6-day trip to Vienna, with a brief stopover in London. It'll take me a few days to finish my trip report, but I'll start by saying that we both love Vienna! We wish we had more time there, and certainly plan to return to Vienna in the future.
We love art and classical music, and Vienna (as well as London) certainly does not disappoint. To whet your appetite a bit, we went to quite a few art museums and exhibitions:
- Velazquez exhibit at National Gallery in London
- Holbein exhibit at Tate Britain
- Kunsthistorisches Museum, Belvedere, Albertina in Vienna
We also attended the Royal Opera in London, Staatsoper in Vienna, and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra at the Musikverein.
On the downside, I got sick on the day we arrived in Vienna and puked nonstop for about 7 hours...
yk's trip report to Vienna (with a 24-hr stop in London) Nov 2006
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 2 We Need a Pact
- 3 Barclays ATMs in England - fee question
- 4 What to wear
- 5 Fashion for larger man?
- 6 Prague flea markets
- 7 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 8 Day trip from Tallin to Hellsinki
- 9 Where to go from Brussels?
- 10 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 11 London neighborhood suggestions
- 12 I need a haircut
- 13 Tipping in Greece
- 14 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 15 Restaurants in Rome near Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navana
- 16 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 17 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 18 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 19 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 20 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 21 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 22 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 23 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 24 Bayern seasonal pass
- 25 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets