DH & I returned yesterday from a 6-day trip to Vienna, with a brief stopover in London. It'll take me a few days to finish my trip report, but I'll start by saying that we both love Vienna! We wish we had more time there, and certainly plan to return to Vienna in the future.
We love art and classical music, and Vienna (as well as London) certainly does not disappoint. To whet your appetite a bit, we went to quite a few art museums and exhibitions:
- Velazquez exhibit at National Gallery in London
- Holbein exhibit at Tate Britain
- Kunsthistorisches Museum, Belvedere, Albertina in Vienna
We also attended the Royal Opera in London, Staatsoper in Vienna, and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra at the Musikverein.
On the downside, I got sick on the day we arrived in Vienna and puked nonstop for about 7 hours...
yk's trip report to Vienna (with a 24-hr stop in London) Nov 2006
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 days in Greece
- 2 Estonia Amber
- 3 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 4 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 5 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 6 Day trip on the Rhine
- 7 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 8 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 9 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 10 Paris in April?
- 11 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 12 Flam, Norway railway
- 13 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 14 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 15 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 16 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 17 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 18 Sicily Suggetions
- 19 He said , she said
- 20 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 21 car rental companies Italy
- 22 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)
- 23 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 24 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 25 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?