DH & I returned yesterday from a 6-day trip to Vienna, with a brief stopover in London. It'll take me a few days to finish my trip report, but I'll start by saying that we both love Vienna! We wish we had more time there, and certainly plan to return to Vienna in the future.
We love art and classical music, and Vienna (as well as London) certainly does not disappoint. To whet your appetite a bit, we went to quite a few art museums and exhibitions:
- Velazquez exhibit at National Gallery in London
- Holbein exhibit at Tate Britain
- Kunsthistorisches Museum, Belvedere, Albertina in Vienna
We also attended the Royal Opera in London, Staatsoper in Vienna, and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra at the Musikverein.
On the downside, I got sick on the day we arrived in Vienna and puked nonstop for about 7 hours...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 2 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 3 What to see in Dresden...
- 4 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 5 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 6 Sienna with kids
- 7 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 8 student in denmark
- 9 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 10 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 11 Day River trips from Porto
- 12 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 13 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 14 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 15 3 months to travel Europe!
- 16 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 17 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 18 Places to visits near Porto
- 19 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 20 Tour or independent
- 21 Vet my itinerary
- 22 Berlin>Dresden>Prague
- 23 Where is the best place/area to stay in Athens?
- 24 8 days in switzerland
- 25 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
yk's trip report to Vienna (with a 24-hr stop in London) Nov 2006