DH & I returned yesterday from a 6-day trip to Vienna, with a brief stopover in London. It'll take me a few days to finish my trip report, but I'll start by saying that we both love Vienna! We wish we had more time there, and certainly plan to return to Vienna in the future.
We love art and classical music, and Vienna (as well as London) certainly does not disappoint. To whet your appetite a bit, we went to quite a few art museums and exhibitions:
- Velazquez exhibit at National Gallery in London
- Holbein exhibit at Tate Britain
- Kunsthistorisches Museum, Belvedere, Albertina in Vienna
We also attended the Royal Opera in London, Staatsoper in Vienna, and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra at the Musikverein.
On the downside, I got sick on the day we arrived in Vienna and puked nonstop for about 7 hours...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 2 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 5 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 6 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 7 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 8 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 9 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 10 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 11 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 12 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 13 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 14 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 15 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 16 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 17 Valencia Spain
- 18 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 19 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 20 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 21 Visiting Zurich
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 23 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 24 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 25 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
yk's trip report to Vienna (with a 24-hr stop in London) Nov 2006