DH & I returned yesterday from a 6-day trip to Vienna, with a brief stopover in London. It'll take me a few days to finish my trip report, but I'll start by saying that we both love Vienna! We wish we had more time there, and certainly plan to return to Vienna in the future.
We love art and classical music, and Vienna (as well as London) certainly does not disappoint. To whet your appetite a bit, we went to quite a few art museums and exhibitions:
- Velazquez exhibit at National Gallery in London
- Holbein exhibit at Tate Britain
- Kunsthistorisches Museum, Belvedere, Albertina in Vienna
We also attended the Royal Opera in London, Staatsoper in Vienna, and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra at the Musikverein.
On the downside, I got sick on the day we arrived in Vienna and puked nonstop for about 7 hours...
yk's trip report to Vienna (with a 24-hr stop in London) Nov 2006
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 2 Paris in April?
- 3 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 4 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 5 Prague - Tram #22
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 car rental companies Italy
- 10 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 11 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 12 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 13 Toulouse and beyond -
- 14 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 15 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 16 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 17 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 18 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 19 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 20 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 21 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 22 London hotel
- 23 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 24 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 25 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?