DH & I returned yesterday from a 6-day trip to Vienna, with a brief stopover in London. It'll take me a few days to finish my trip report, but I'll start by saying that we both love Vienna! We wish we had more time there, and certainly plan to return to Vienna in the future.
We love art and classical music, and Vienna (as well as London) certainly does not disappoint. To whet your appetite a bit, we went to quite a few art museums and exhibitions:
- Velazquez exhibit at National Gallery in London
- Holbein exhibit at Tate Britain
- Kunsthistorisches Museum, Belvedere, Albertina in Vienna
We also attended the Royal Opera in London, Staatsoper in Vienna, and the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra at the Musikverein.
On the downside, I got sick on the day we arrived in Vienna and puked nonstop for about 7 hours...
yk's trip report to Vienna (with a 24-hr stop in London) Nov 2006
- 1 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 2 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 3 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 4 Prague - must see
- 5 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 6 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 9 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 10 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 11 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 12 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 13 Advises for trip to Russia
- 14 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 15 First time traveler to Ireland
- 16 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 17 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 18 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 21 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 22 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 23 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 24 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 25 March 2013: Barcelona, Rome and Prague Trip Report