My first post:
I would really like to thank the contributors of this forum for all the advice on this forum and I have spent almost a week going through this forums looking for as much advice as I can.
My fiancee and I are planning our Honeymoon in Italy. I understand that the itinerary published below is probably optimistic and we seem to be doing a lot of things in a very short time. The only constraints that we currently have are that we are landing on Aug 11 on Milan and leaving Aug 24 from Rome.
Aug 11 - Land in Milan
Aug 12 - Look around Milan for entire day and go to Bellagio, Lake Cumo in the evening.
Aug 13 - Entire Day in Lake Cumo and stay the night.
Aug 14 - Leave early to Venice (~4 hours travel) and reach by afternoon. Half a day in venice
Aug 15 - Look around Venice (I understand this is a holiday, but I heard that since it is high tourist season, most stuff should be open)
Aug 16 - Leave Venice early to go to Florence, reach by afternoon. Rest of the day in Florence
Aug 17 - Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre
Aug 18 - Visit Modena and Bologna.
Aug 19 - Leave for Sorrento. Day trip to Capri
Aug 20 - Drive around Amalfi Coast (hopefully renting a Vespa). Come back to Sorrento.
Aug 21 - Leave for Rome. 3 Days in Rome. Leave back to the US on 24th.
Please feel free to provide all your opinions and criticisms.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CHARTER@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre24/7
- 2 Spain - day driver advice
- 3 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 4 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 7 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 8 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 11 London with Teens Trip Report
- 12 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 13 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 14 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 18 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 19 Madrird and Seville
- 20 Greece
- 21 Ludwig Castles
- 22 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 23 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 24 Lake Como AREA questions
- 25 RS view on booking.com & the like
My first post: