My first post:
I would really like to thank the contributors of this forum for all the advice on this forum and I have spent almost a week going through this forums looking for as much advice as I can.
My fiancee and I are planning our Honeymoon in Italy. I understand that the itinerary published below is probably optimistic and we seem to be doing a lot of things in a very short time. The only constraints that we currently have are that we are landing on Aug 11 on Milan and leaving Aug 24 from Rome.
Aug 11 - Land in Milan
Aug 12 - Look around Milan for entire day and go to Bellagio, Lake Cumo in the evening.
Aug 13 - Entire Day in Lake Cumo and stay the night.
Aug 14 - Leave early to Venice (~4 hours travel) and reach by afternoon. Half a day in venice
Aug 15 - Look around Venice (I understand this is a holiday, but I heard that since it is high tourist season, most stuff should be open)
Aug 16 - Leave Venice early to go to Florence, reach by afternoon. Rest of the day in Florence
Aug 17 - Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre
Aug 18 - Visit Modena and Bologna.
Aug 19 - Leave for Sorrento. Day trip to Capri
Aug 20 - Drive around Amalfi Coast (hopefully renting a Vespa). Come back to Sorrento.
Aug 21 - Leave for Rome. 3 Days in Rome. Leave back to the US on 24th.
Please feel free to provide all your opinions and criticisms.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 4 If you had to choose one......
- 5 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 Italy
- 9 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 12 Revised itinerary for italy
- 13 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 14 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 15 Biarritz family holiday
- 16 Lisbon hotel
- 17 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 18 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 21 4 Days in Tuscany
- 22 Switzerland
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 25 Another northern Italy itinerary.
My first post: