My first post:
I would really like to thank the contributors of this forum for all the advice on this forum and I have spent almost a week going through this forums looking for as much advice as I can.
My fiancee and I are planning our Honeymoon in Italy. I understand that the itinerary published below is probably optimistic and we seem to be doing a lot of things in a very short time. The only constraints that we currently have are that we are landing on Aug 11 on Milan and leaving Aug 24 from Rome.
Aug 11 - Land in Milan
Aug 12 - Look around Milan for entire day and go to Bellagio, Lake Cumo in the evening.
Aug 13 - Entire Day in Lake Cumo and stay the night.
Aug 14 - Leave early to Venice (~4 hours travel) and reach by afternoon. Half a day in venice
Aug 15 - Look around Venice (I understand this is a holiday, but I heard that since it is high tourist season, most stuff should be open)
Aug 16 - Leave Venice early to go to Florence, reach by afternoon. Rest of the day in Florence
Aug 17 - Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre
Aug 18 - Visit Modena and Bologna.
Aug 19 - Leave for Sorrento. Day trip to Capri
Aug 20 - Drive around Amalfi Coast (hopefully renting a Vespa). Come back to Sorrento.
Aug 21 - Leave for Rome. 3 Days in Rome. Leave back to the US on 24th.
Please feel free to provide all your opinions and criticisms.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 Ireland itinerary help please
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 CDG much improved
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Rouen Tour Companies
- 16 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 17 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 18 Ronda Wine/biking
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 Italy bus or train
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 24 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 25 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
My first post: