I am an American, traveling from California to Florence Italy to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I leave on Friday morning, and I've been struck with a fear of detainment.....
I've only attempted to travel out of the country once. My LA based company sent me to London (heathrow) to work for 3 months. They didn't mention the need for me to have a work visa.
Needless to say, I was detained for 7 hours, and sent back to the US with a black X through my stamp in my passport.
Now, on my flight to Italy, I have a short layover in Heathrow....
Will I have to go through customs in Heathrow before Italy?
What kind of measures do I need to take to assure I get through?
I can't go back into that detaining room... and I'm dying to see my boyfriend.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vienna to Bratislava
- 2 Staying on Ile de la Cite
- 3 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 4 Crazy Question regarding Flat Iron usage in Europe
- 5 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 6 Venice at Christmas
- 7 Bayeux and environs
- 8 Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking
- 9 Best way to see Croatia?
- 10 Rome For 2 days
- 11 Is Europcar ok if I have no other choice?
- 12 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 13 Camino Redux
- 14 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 15 Rome Hotel: Trevi Fountain or Piazza Navona?
- 16 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 17 The highlands
- 18 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 19 Sightseeing Around Belgrade, Serbia
- 20 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 21 Immigration entering UK to visit BF! Need advice!
- 22 Amalie/Rome
- 23 *Help!* Puglia vs Sicily vs Amalfi Coast?
- 24 Help with Germany and Eastern Europe
- 25 Berlin to Barcelona