I am an American, traveling from California to Florence Italy to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I leave on Friday morning, and I've been struck with a fear of detainment.....
I've only attempted to travel out of the country once. My LA based company sent me to London (heathrow) to work for 3 months. They didn't mention the need for me to have a work visa.
Needless to say, I was detained for 7 hours, and sent back to the US with a black X through my stamp in my passport.
Now, on my flight to Italy, I have a short layover in Heathrow....
Will I have to go through customs in Heathrow before Italy?
What kind of measures do I need to take to assure I get through?
I can't go back into that detaining room... and I'm dying to see my boyfriend.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day in Capri
- 2 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 3 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 4 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 5 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 8 Rome hotel
- 9 Villa in Italy
- 10 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 11 Help me make this possible!
- 12 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 13 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 14 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 15 One night in the Dolomites
- 16 Vatican tour
- 17 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 18 Places to stop/stay?
- 19 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 20 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 21 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 22 Route Information
- 23 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 24 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 25 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice