I am an American, traveling from California to Florence Italy to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I leave on Friday morning, and I've been struck with a fear of detainment.....
I've only attempted to travel out of the country once. My LA based company sent me to London (heathrow) to work for 3 months. They didn't mention the need for me to have a work visa.
Needless to say, I was detained for 7 hours, and sent back to the US with a black X through my stamp in my passport.
Now, on my flight to Italy, I have a short layover in Heathrow....
Will I have to go through customs in Heathrow before Italy?
What kind of measures do I need to take to assure I get through?
I can't go back into that detaining room... and I'm dying to see my boyfriend.
X through Heathrow Stamp in Passport
- 1 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 2 Edinburgh
- 3 Vacation rental in Provence
- 4 Which tour company would be best?
- 5 Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Fuessen - Last Bus
- 6 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 7 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 8 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 9 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 10 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 11 Battlefield Tour
- 12 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 13 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 14 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 15 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 16 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 17 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 18 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 19 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 20 Renting an apartment in Edinburgh
- 21 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 22 Help needed on 3 week itinerary to Croatia and Slovenia
- 23 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 24 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 25 Turkish Itinerary suggestions?