I am an American, traveling from California to Florence Italy to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I leave on Friday morning, and I've been struck with a fear of detainment.....
I've only attempted to travel out of the country once. My LA based company sent me to London (heathrow) to work for 3 months. They didn't mention the need for me to have a work visa.
Needless to say, I was detained for 7 hours, and sent back to the US with a black X through my stamp in my passport.
Now, on my flight to Italy, I have a short layover in Heathrow....
Will I have to go through customs in Heathrow before Italy?
What kind of measures do I need to take to assure I get through?
I can't go back into that detaining room... and I'm dying to see my boyfriend.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 2 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 3 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 4 Budapest Hotels
- 5 First time in France
- 6 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 7 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 8 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 9 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 10 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 11 Portugal itinerary help
- 12 First Time Solo Travel info
- 13 Prague hotels
- 14 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 15 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 16 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 19 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 20 Munich
- 21 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 22 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 23 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 24 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 25 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th