I am an American, traveling from California to Florence Italy to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I leave on Friday morning, and I've been struck with a fear of detainment.....
I've only attempted to travel out of the country once. My LA based company sent me to London (heathrow) to work for 3 months. They didn't mention the need for me to have a work visa.
Needless to say, I was detained for 7 hours, and sent back to the US with a black X through my stamp in my passport.
Now, on my flight to Italy, I have a short layover in Heathrow....
Will I have to go through customs in Heathrow before Italy?
What kind of measures do I need to take to assure I get through?
I can't go back into that detaining room... and I'm dying to see my boyfriend.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - best two central locations
- 2 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 3 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 4 Another Book List for Italy
- 5 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 6 Family vacay in Europe
- 7 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 8 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 9 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 10 Day trip suggestion from London
- 11 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 12 Back to Paris--need hotel advice
- 13 Classical Music in Milan
- 14 Pousadas in Portugal
- 15 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 16 Places to visits near Porto
- 17 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 18 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 19 12 Days in Italy
- 20 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 21 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 22 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 23 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 24 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 25 touring near rome airport