I am an American, traveling from California to Florence Italy to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I leave on Friday morning, and I've been struck with a fear of detainment.....
I've only attempted to travel out of the country once. My LA based company sent me to London (heathrow) to work for 3 months. They didn't mention the need for me to have a work visa.
Needless to say, I was detained for 7 hours, and sent back to the US with a black X through my stamp in my passport.
Now, on my flight to Italy, I have a short layover in Heathrow....
Will I have to go through customs in Heathrow before Italy?
What kind of measures do I need to take to assure I get through?
I can't go back into that detaining room... and I'm dying to see my boyfriend.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 2 Prague old town
- 3 Rome Airport Question!
- 4 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 5 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 6 tablet
- 7 Barcelona completely overrated
- 8 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 9 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 10 26 days in Italy
- 11 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 12 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 13 Car rental between countries
- 14 Holland Itinerary
- 15 Train Ticket Help
- 16 Puglia Itinerary - too many choices
- 17 Whirlwind trip!
- 18 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 19 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 20 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 21 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 22 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 23 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 24 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 25 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?