I am an American, traveling from California to Florence Italy to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I leave on Friday morning, and I've been struck with a fear of detainment.....
I've only attempted to travel out of the country once. My LA based company sent me to London (heathrow) to work for 3 months. They didn't mention the need for me to have a work visa.
Needless to say, I was detained for 7 hours, and sent back to the US with a black X through my stamp in my passport.
Now, on my flight to Italy, I have a short layover in Heathrow....
Will I have to go through customs in Heathrow before Italy?
What kind of measures do I need to take to assure I get through?
I can't go back into that detaining room... and I'm dying to see my boyfriend.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 Two Weeks in Normandy/Paris
- 4 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 5 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 6 Chennai Movers and Packers @ http://4th.co.in/packers-and-movers-chennai/
- 7 sim card
- 8 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 9 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 10 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 11 Is Venice overrated?
- 12 San Sebastian to Cadaques
- 13 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 14 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 15 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 16 http://www.thecrazymass.com/revitasence/
- 17 Judging through my prior capabilities
- 18 Movers and Packers in Mumbai @ http://4th.co.in/packers-and-movers-mumbai/
- 19 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 20 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 21 Planning a 10 day Swiss and Austrian Tour
- 22 SWITZERLAND IN 5 SUMMER DAYS
- 23 Venice to Croatia
- 24 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 25 Amsterdam in August