I am an American, traveling from California to Florence Italy to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I leave on Friday morning, and I've been struck with a fear of detainment.....
I've only attempted to travel out of the country once. My LA based company sent me to London (heathrow) to work for 3 months. They didn't mention the need for me to have a work visa.
Needless to say, I was detained for 7 hours, and sent back to the US with a black X through my stamp in my passport.
Now, on my flight to Italy, I have a short layover in Heathrow....
Will I have to go through customs in Heathrow before Italy?
What kind of measures do I need to take to assure I get through?
I can't go back into that detaining room... and I'm dying to see my boyfriend.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 2 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 3 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 4 SIM card
- 5 Sixt insurance claim
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 8 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 9 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 10 Treck to drakolimni with children?
- 11 Europe itinerary
- 12 Iceland in 9 nights in late September
- 13 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 14 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 15 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 16 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 17 Munich-6 days in September
- 18 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 19 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 20 Enjoying England for a year!
- 21 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 22 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 23 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 24 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 25 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?