I am an American, traveling from California to Florence Italy to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I leave on Friday morning, and I've been struck with a fear of detainment.....
I've only attempted to travel out of the country once. My LA based company sent me to London (heathrow) to work for 3 months. They didn't mention the need for me to have a work visa.
Needless to say, I was detained for 7 hours, and sent back to the US with a black X through my stamp in my passport.
Now, on my flight to Italy, I have a short layover in Heathrow....
Will I have to go through customs in Heathrow before Italy?
What kind of measures do I need to take to assure I get through?
I can't go back into that detaining room... and I'm dying to see my boyfriend.
X through Heathrow Stamp in Passport
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 2 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 3 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 4 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 5 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 6 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 7 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 10 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 11 Paris November 2014
- 12 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 13 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 14 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 15 Traveling in France by train
- 16 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 17 Arc de Triumph Question
- 18 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 19 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 20 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 21 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 22 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 23 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 24 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 25 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?