I am an American, traveling from California to Florence Italy to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I leave on Friday morning, and I've been struck with a fear of detainment.....
I've only attempted to travel out of the country once. My LA based company sent me to London (heathrow) to work for 3 months. They didn't mention the need for me to have a work visa.
Needless to say, I was detained for 7 hours, and sent back to the US with a black X through my stamp in my passport.
Now, on my flight to Italy, I have a short layover in Heathrow....
Will I have to go through customs in Heathrow before Italy?
What kind of measures do I need to take to assure I get through?
I can't go back into that detaining room... and I'm dying to see my boyfriend.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 2 Netflix and Hulu
- 3 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 4 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 5 Paris to Morocco
- 6 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 7 Car rental return Nice
- 8 Rental car return in Nice
- 9 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 10 Paris hotels
- 11 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 12 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 13 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 14 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 15 http://bellecomplexnorway.com/nu-youth-anti-wrinkle/
- 16 Amsterdam B&B
- 17 Visit to the Hoegaarde Brewery in June?
- 18 Sicily/Malta - Insight Vacations
- 19 http://www.thecrazymass.com/nouvalift-instant-wrinkle-reducer/
- 20 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 21 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 22 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 23 What do pack for Ireland?
- 24 Dirndl Shop Locations
- 25 how far in advance of flight to get to airport