I am an American, traveling from California to Florence Italy to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I leave on Friday morning, and I've been struck with a fear of detainment.....
I've only attempted to travel out of the country once. My LA based company sent me to London (heathrow) to work for 3 months. They didn't mention the need for me to have a work visa.
Needless to say, I was detained for 7 hours, and sent back to the US with a black X through my stamp in my passport.
Now, on my flight to Italy, I have a short layover in Heathrow....
Will I have to go through customs in Heathrow before Italy?
What kind of measures do I need to take to assure I get through?
I can't go back into that detaining room... and I'm dying to see my boyfriend.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling Solo to the Baltics
- 2 Italy for Christmas Week
- 3 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 4 Two for One Days OUt
- 5 restaurants in Marais district
- 6 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 7 Shoes in Scotland
- 8 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 9 A Month stay in Southern France
- 10 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 11 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 12 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 13 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 14 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 15 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 16 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 17 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 18 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 19 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 20 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 21 France & Italy, May or June
- 22 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 23 Engadine Valley help
- 24 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 25 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon