I am an American, traveling from California to Florence Italy to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I leave on Friday morning, and I've been struck with a fear of detainment.....
I've only attempted to travel out of the country once. My LA based company sent me to London (heathrow) to work for 3 months. They didn't mention the need for me to have a work visa.
Needless to say, I was detained for 7 hours, and sent back to the US with a black X through my stamp in my passport.
Now, on my flight to Italy, I have a short layover in Heathrow....
Will I have to go through customs in Heathrow before Italy?
What kind of measures do I need to take to assure I get through?
I can't go back into that detaining room... and I'm dying to see my boyfriend.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 wandering in venice
- 2 Paris removes Pont des Arts love locks
- 3 France and Spain: 14 days: no set plans, HELP!!!
- 4 Dublin to Dingle?
- 5 Quick trip to Switzerland. Suggestions ???
- 6 Three Weeks in Turkey Short Trip Report
- 7 Granada to Malaga, most scenic route!
- 8 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 9 Chiemsee or Walchensee? (Bavarian lakes roadtrip)
- 10 my current itinerary for future trip
- 11 Where to catch bus at Glasgow Airport
- 12 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 13 Getting from Orvieto to Spoleto (Italy)
- 14 Help reg Grossglockner road
- 15 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 16 A road trip to Florence
- 17 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 18 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 19 Is Chateau Latour in Medoc only for buyers?
- 20 HELp with Milan /N Italy itinerary
- 21 Budapest,VIenna: Cash, Credit, ATM, Clothing, HELP
- 22 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 23 Narrowed down itinerary, but still need help finishing in Munich
- 24 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 25 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit