I am in the preliminary stages of planning ( as part of a longer trip) a week in northern Italy (Piedmont, Lombardy and the Veneto in early June. On my wish list are Lake Como/ Maggiore, (have visited this area before) Turin, Verona and Padua.
I would appreciate any thoughts on the following accommodation options . I am not, at this time, looking for suggestions of what to see as I have been researching and while I always have a long list of things to do and see, am trying to reach the point that if I see some great scenery and a couple of 'want to see' sites / churches/ museums etc then I have had a good visit so a day trip somewhere is fine with me.
I am flying in to Milan and possibly leaving for Ljubliana from Venice ( still looking at options)
What I am trying to decide is whether to base myself in Milan for the week ( apartment or hotel) and day trip out or move between two or three locations.
The pros and cons as I see it are:
With Milan as a base, i don't need to pack up and move so frequently and can move more freely without have to deal with luggage. But i would be training back and forth each day and not get to experience other towns 'after hours'
With moving bases, I would probably have 3-4 nights in the lakes , possibly 1 night Turin. 2 nights Verona or Padua and possibly 1 night Venice depending on transport to Ljubliana ( have been to Venice a number of times before and love it so even 1 night is a plus)
Thank you for any views you may have
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 2 TIM in FCO - update
- 3 Visa Query
- 4 London in Winter Report
- 5 Visit to Sardinia
- 6 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 7 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 8 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 9 Legal documents assistants
- 10 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 11 ATM help
- 12 ATM
- 13 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 14 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 15 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 16 London is it worth it?
- 17 Montserrat Express
- 18 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 19 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 20 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 21 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 22 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 23 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 24 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 25 International drivers permit