As most first time visitors my eyes are set on Granda, Cordoba, Seville and Ronda. Due to flight arrangements, we must fly into Malaga, so our first 2 nights in Andalusia will be spent there . The photos of Malaga that I've seen look quite lovely, but Malaga was not my primary interest in Andalusia (we're not going for a beach holiday).
Day 1, Arriving late at night
Day 2, we are doing a whole day excursion to Ronda (the only white town/village on our itinerary) with a wine tasting and home cooked lunch at a winery.
Day 3, we are moving on to Granda for 2 nights (from there to Cordoba > Seville >Madrid).
So that pretty much leaves us just enough time to enjoy one dinner in Malaga on Day 2 (if we are able to eat much after the winery visit . In addition, we'll be pretty jet legged coming from Tokyo. On day 3, in order to have more time in Granada, I am thinking of leaving Malaga right after the check out-- forgoing any real sightseeing in Malaga (departing ca. 9.30-10.00am). Maybe just popping into the Market for some snacks for the bus.
It feels a little strange not to do any real sightseeing in Malaga even though we are spending two nights there.
Would you sacrifice time in Malaga for more time in Granada or vice versa?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 4 Lake Como AREA questions
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 7 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 8 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 9 Spain - day driver advice
- 10 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 11 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 12 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 13 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 14 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 17 London with Teens Trip Report
- 18 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 19 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 20 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 21 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 22 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 23 Madrird and Seville
- 24 Greece
- 25 Ludwig Castles
Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?