My husband and I are traveling to Portugal at the end of February for a work trip/vacation.
We are arriving in Lisbon on a Friday and my husband has business meetings the following Tuesday and Wednesday in Lisbon. Our plan is to explore Lisbon that Saturday and Sunday, then do a day trip to Sintra\ Cascais on Monday. We'll most likely have time to do at least some more exploring at least half of the day on that Tuesday and Wednesday in Lisbon as well. From Lisbon we were going to rent a car or take the train from Lisbon on Thursday to Porto and do three nights in the city before heading back to Lisbon on Sunday, flying out of Lisbon on Monday.
My question is can Sintra/Cascais be done in one day or should we try to split it up, or just do one or the other? Also should we take any day trips from Porto (like to the Duoro Valley) or spend one night in a different city either on the way to Porto or way back to Lisbon? This will be the first time in Portugal for the both of us.
Thank you in advance for any advice you might have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Threat Level in UK
- 2 Graz in January
- 3 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 5 TIM in FCO - update
- 6 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 7 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 8 Malaga Spain
- 9 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 10 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 11 London Hotel - Different Request
- 12 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 13 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 14 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 15 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 16 Cartagena Spain
- 17 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 18 Ibiiza Spain
- 19 Iceland trip report!
- 20 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 21 Seville to Cordoba
- 22 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 23 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 3 nights in Madrid