We are planning a trip to europe next year and are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting from point A to point B.
Here are some of the particulars:
We're coming from Los Angeles
We have 16 days
We want to see Zahgreb, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
We'd really like the option of driving ourselves as the freedom of being able to stop whenever you like is wonderful but some of the threads have mentioned that it's difficult to pick up and drop off cars in different countries or even driver into another country. (as in its not allowed)
It would also be expensive to have a car sit in each city for 2-3 days where it wouldn't really be needed.
SO...would hiring a car and driver be a good way to go cost wise.?
Hiring a driver to take us from Zagreb to the next city, hire another driver to take us to the next city etc. The downside would be if we didn't want to go directly to the next big city and wanted to spend the night somewhere along the way, what would the driver do?
I just throwing this out there as I have no idea of cost....??? I know the cars can be expensive too.
Still looking into open jaw fares so we can fly into and out of the cities rather then back tracking.
thanks for any help you can provide....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom & PBS...Poldark & Chavenage House
- 2 Is my Scotland itinerary doable?
- 3 5 days in Paris
- 4 Frankfurt to Munich - One day and night stop???
- 5 PAY ATTENTION AT TERMINI TRAIN STATION
- 6 Referendum in Greece
- 7 Reserving Trains During the Off-Season
- 8 Questions regarding currency exhange
- 9 Three girls in Naples
- 10 Brasov (Bran), Sibiu & Sighisoara from Burcharest in 2 days
- 11 If Greece exits
- 12 Lovely naples
- 13 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 14 Palace Versaille - worth the lines ?
- 15 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 16 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 17 English countryside help (Cotswolds and Bath?)
- 18 Italy
- 19 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 20 American Express card for car rental with AutoEurope or Kemwel?
- 21 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 23 Wurzburg, Heidelberg, or Frankfurt after leaving Rothenburg ob der Tauber?
- 24 Normandy Trip Report Day #1 of my Month Stay
- 25 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
Would a private driver be affordable: Zahgreb/Prague/Vienna/Budapest