We are planning a trip to europe next year and are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting from point A to point B.
Here are some of the particulars:
We're coming from Los Angeles
We have 16 days
We want to see Zahgreb, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
We'd really like the option of driving ourselves as the freedom of being able to stop whenever you like is wonderful but some of the threads have mentioned that it's difficult to pick up and drop off cars in different countries or even driver into another country. (as in its not allowed)
It would also be expensive to have a car sit in each city for 2-3 days where it wouldn't really be needed.
SO...would hiring a car and driver be a good way to go cost wise.?
Hiring a driver to take us from Zagreb to the next city, hire another driver to take us to the next city etc. The downside would be if we didn't want to go directly to the next big city and wanted to spend the night somewhere along the way, what would the driver do?
I just throwing this out there as I have no idea of cost....??? I know the cars can be expensive too.
Still looking into open jaw fares so we can fly into and out of the cities rather then back tracking.
thanks for any help you can provide....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 2 My summer in Paris
- 3 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 4 Round trip to Bergen question
- 5 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 6 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 7 Budapest tour questions
- 8 Florence Airport Car Rental Return - Recent Experiences?
- 9 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 10 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 11 Should I buy Italy/France flight with Award Miles?!
- 12 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 13 Italy - Puglia Help please
- 14 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 15 This is Why I Will Always Travel Solo From Now: Trip Report -Rome and Sorrento
- 16 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 17 Late October Trip in France
- 18 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 19 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 20 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 21 Euro railways
- 22 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 23 Traveling to Northern Italy
- 24 May or September?
- 25 3 weeks northern Italy advice
Would a private driver be affordable: Zahgreb/Prague/Vienna/Budapest