We are planning a trip to europe next year and are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting from point A to point B.
Here are some of the particulars:
We're coming from Los Angeles
We have 16 days
We want to see Zahgreb, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
We'd really like the option of driving ourselves as the freedom of being able to stop whenever you like is wonderful but some of the threads have mentioned that it's difficult to pick up and drop off cars in different countries or even driver into another country. (as in its not allowed)
It would also be expensive to have a car sit in each city for 2-3 days where it wouldn't really be needed.
SO...would hiring a car and driver be a good way to go cost wise.?
Hiring a driver to take us from Zagreb to the next city, hire another driver to take us to the next city etc. The downside would be if we didn't want to go directly to the next big city and wanted to spend the night somewhere along the way, what would the driver do?
I just throwing this out there as I have no idea of cost....??? I know the cars can be expensive too.
Still looking into open jaw fares so we can fly into and out of the cities rather then back tracking.
thanks for any help you can provide....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport Transit Visa
- 2 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 3 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 4 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 5 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 6 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 7 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 8 Paris advice with kids
- 9 Anniversary trip to France
- 10 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 11 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 12 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 13 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 14 International drivers permit
- 15 Moscow Favorites
- 16 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 17 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 18 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 19 Bordeaux to Moscow
- 20 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 24 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 25 Italian lake cruise
Would a private driver be affordable: Zahgreb/Prague/Vienna/Budapest