We are planning a trip to europe next year and are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting from point A to point B.
Here are some of the particulars:
We're coming from Los Angeles
We have 16 days
We want to see Zahgreb, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
We'd really like the option of driving ourselves as the freedom of being able to stop whenever you like is wonderful but some of the threads have mentioned that it's difficult to pick up and drop off cars in different countries or even driver into another country. (as in its not allowed)
It would also be expensive to have a car sit in each city for 2-3 days where it wouldn't really be needed.
SO...would hiring a car and driver be a good way to go cost wise.?
Hiring a driver to take us from Zagreb to the next city, hire another driver to take us to the next city etc. The downside would be if we didn't want to go directly to the next big city and wanted to spend the night somewhere along the way, what would the driver do?
I just throwing this out there as I have no idea of cost....??? I know the cars can be expensive too.
Still looking into open jaw fares so we can fly into and out of the cities rather then back tracking.
thanks for any help you can provide....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 2 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 3 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 4 Capri in July
- 5 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 8 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 9 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 10 Venice
- 11 London 2For1 question
- 12 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 13 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 14 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 17 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Porto and vicinity
- 20 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 21 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 22 Norway fjord
- 23 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 24 7 days in Greece
- 25 Italy
Would a private driver be affordable: Zahgreb/Prague/Vienna/Budapest