We are planning a trip to europe next year and are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting from point A to point B.
Here are some of the particulars:
We're coming from Los Angeles
We have 16 days
We want to see Zahgreb, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
We'd really like the option of driving ourselves as the freedom of being able to stop whenever you like is wonderful but some of the threads have mentioned that it's difficult to pick up and drop off cars in different countries or even driver into another country. (as in its not allowed)
It would also be expensive to have a car sit in each city for 2-3 days where it wouldn't really be needed.
SO...would hiring a car and driver be a good way to go cost wise.?
Hiring a driver to take us from Zagreb to the next city, hire another driver to take us to the next city etc. The downside would be if we didn't want to go directly to the next big city and wanted to spend the night somewhere along the way, what would the driver do?
I just throwing this out there as I have no idea of cost....??? I know the cars can be expensive too.
Still looking into open jaw fares so we can fly into and out of the cities rather then back tracking.
thanks for any help you can provide....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Clean up spam
- 2 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 3 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 4 iPhone/Skype/ATM questions
- 5 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 6 Small towns not too near Paris
- 7 Help with basic itinerary
- 8 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 9 credit and debit cards
- 10 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 11 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 12 Positano Surprise
- 13 Valencia, Spain
- 14 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 15 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 16 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 17 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 18 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 19 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 20 Greece and Italy Combo
- 21 Cinqueterre
- 22 Car rental in Europe (Kemwel)
- 23 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 24 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 25 Marathon Sunday in Budapest
Would a private driver be affordable: Zahgreb/Prague/Vienna/Budapest