We are planning a trip to europe next year and are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting from point A to point B.
Here are some of the particulars:
We're coming from Los Angeles
We have 16 days
We want to see Zahgreb, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
We'd really like the option of driving ourselves as the freedom of being able to stop whenever you like is wonderful but some of the threads have mentioned that it's difficult to pick up and drop off cars in different countries or even driver into another country. (as in its not allowed)
It would also be expensive to have a car sit in each city for 2-3 days where it wouldn't really be needed.
SO...would hiring a car and driver be a good way to go cost wise.?
Hiring a driver to take us from Zagreb to the next city, hire another driver to take us to the next city etc. The downside would be if we didn't want to go directly to the next big city and wanted to spend the night somewhere along the way, what would the driver do?
I just throwing this out there as I have no idea of cost....??? I know the cars can be expensive too.
Still looking into open jaw fares so we can fly into and out of the cities rather then back tracking.
thanks for any help you can provide....
Would a private driver be affordable: Zahgreb/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 1 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 2 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 3 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 4 Mature and Reliable nanny,housekeeper drivers and privatenurse needed in UK
- 5 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 6 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 7 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 8 London at Xmas
- 9 Backpacking through Europe
- 10 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 11 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 12 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 13 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 14 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 15 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 16 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 17 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 18 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 19 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 20 ferry to Harwich
- 21 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 22 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 23 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 24 Anyone used this rental agency called Short Time Rental in Paris,
- 25 just want to know