We are planning a trip to europe next year and are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting from point A to point B.
Here are some of the particulars:
We're coming from Los Angeles
We have 16 days
We want to see Zahgreb, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
We'd really like the option of driving ourselves as the freedom of being able to stop whenever you like is wonderful but some of the threads have mentioned that it's difficult to pick up and drop off cars in different countries or even driver into another country. (as in its not allowed)
It would also be expensive to have a car sit in each city for 2-3 days where it wouldn't really be needed.
SO...would hiring a car and driver be a good way to go cost wise.?
Hiring a driver to take us from Zagreb to the next city, hire another driver to take us to the next city etc. The downside would be if we didn't want to go directly to the next big city and wanted to spend the night somewhere along the way, what would the driver do?
I just throwing this out there as I have no idea of cost....??? I know the cars can be expensive too.
Still looking into open jaw fares so we can fly into and out of the cities rather then back tracking.
thanks for any help you can provide....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 2 Ali
- 3 Christmas Week in London
- 4 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 5 Drinks in Spain
- 6 Travel from Dublin Airport to Sligo City
- 7 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 8 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 9 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 10 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 11 12 days europe
- 12 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 13 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 14 Too much for one day?
- 15 Travel WiFi - France
- 16 Italy for the first time
- 17 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 18 RFID Protection
- 19 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Germany and Austria trip report
- 21 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 22 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 23 London Itinerary and Questions
- 24 Beaches in Southern France
- 25 3 days to spend in europe
Would a private driver be affordable: Zahgreb/Prague/Vienna/Budapest