We are planning a trip to europe next year and are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting from point A to point B.
Here are some of the particulars:
We're coming from Los Angeles
We have 16 days
We want to see Zahgreb, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
We'd really like the option of driving ourselves as the freedom of being able to stop whenever you like is wonderful but some of the threads have mentioned that it's difficult to pick up and drop off cars in different countries or even driver into another country. (as in its not allowed)
It would also be expensive to have a car sit in each city for 2-3 days where it wouldn't really be needed.
SO...would hiring a car and driver be a good way to go cost wise.?
Hiring a driver to take us from Zagreb to the next city, hire another driver to take us to the next city etc. The downside would be if we didn't want to go directly to the next big city and wanted to spend the night somewhere along the way, what would the driver do?
I just throwing this out there as I have no idea of cost....??? I know the cars can be expensive too.
Still looking into open jaw fares so we can fly into and out of the cities rather then back tracking.
thanks for any help you can provide....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 2 seat reservations
- 3 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 4 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Italy in a week
- 7 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 8 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 9 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 10 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 11 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 12 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 13 Valencia Spain
- 14 Germany-Car or Train
- 15 Night Bus?
- 16 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 17 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 18 Andalucia Spain
- 19 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 20 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 21 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 22 Short time in Vienna
- 23 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 24 Jewish Vienna
- 25 My special places in Europe
Would a private driver be affordable: Zahgreb/Prague/Vienna/Budapest