We are planning a trip to europe next year and are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting from point A to point B.
Here are some of the particulars:
We're coming from Los Angeles
We have 16 days
We want to see Zahgreb, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
We'd really like the option of driving ourselves as the freedom of being able to stop whenever you like is wonderful but some of the threads have mentioned that it's difficult to pick up and drop off cars in different countries or even driver into another country. (as in its not allowed)
It would also be expensive to have a car sit in each city for 2-3 days where it wouldn't really be needed.
SO...would hiring a car and driver be a good way to go cost wise.?
Hiring a driver to take us from Zagreb to the next city, hire another driver to take us to the next city etc. The downside would be if we didn't want to go directly to the next big city and wanted to spend the night somewhere along the way, what would the driver do?
I just throwing this out there as I have no idea of cost....??? I know the cars can be expensive too.
Still looking into open jaw fares so we can fly into and out of the cities rather then back tracking.
thanks for any help you can provide....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy/Greece with kids
- 2 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 3 Need help in travel planning
- 4 Puglia or La Langhe
- 5 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 6 Munich
- 7 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 8 Prague hotels
- 9 Northern lights in December
- 10 Booking hotels before trains
- 11 Flights from Croatia
- 12 What to expect over Christmas
- 13 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 14 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 15 Budapest
- 16 First time in France
- 17 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 18 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 19 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 20 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 21 Rome
- 22 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 23 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 24 English Countryside
- 25 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
Would a private driver be affordable: Zahgreb/Prague/Vienna/Budapest