We are planning a trip to europe next year and are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting from point A to point B.
Here are some of the particulars:
We're coming from Los Angeles
We have 16 days
We want to see Zahgreb, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
We'd really like the option of driving ourselves as the freedom of being able to stop whenever you like is wonderful but some of the threads have mentioned that it's difficult to pick up and drop off cars in different countries or even driver into another country. (as in its not allowed)
It would also be expensive to have a car sit in each city for 2-3 days where it wouldn't really be needed.
SO...would hiring a car and driver be a good way to go cost wise.?
Hiring a driver to take us from Zagreb to the next city, hire another driver to take us to the next city etc. The downside would be if we didn't want to go directly to the next big city and wanted to spend the night somewhere along the way, what would the driver do?
I just throwing this out there as I have no idea of cost....??? I know the cars can be expensive too.
Still looking into open jaw fares so we can fly into and out of the cities rather then back tracking.
thanks for any help you can provide....
Would a private driver be affordable: Zahgreb/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 2 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 3 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 4 Looking for add on city
- 5 UK in the Beginning of 2016
- 6 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 7 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 8 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 9 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 10 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 11 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 12 Taxi service in Nice
- 13 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 14 Academic Tours and Travel Malta and Sicily Delight Tour
- 15 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 16 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 17 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 18 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 19 Flying open jaw: start in MAD or BCN (Sept. 18th - Oct. 5th).
- 20 Trip to Pyrenees
- 21 Help with Itinerary - Seville/San Sebastian
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 24 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)
- 25 Apartment Madrid location/review