We are planning a trip to europe next year and are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting from point A to point B.
Here are some of the particulars:
We're coming from Los Angeles
We have 16 days
We want to see Zahgreb, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
We'd really like the option of driving ourselves as the freedom of being able to stop whenever you like is wonderful but some of the threads have mentioned that it's difficult to pick up and drop off cars in different countries or even driver into another country. (as in its not allowed)
It would also be expensive to have a car sit in each city for 2-3 days where it wouldn't really be needed.
SO...would hiring a car and driver be a good way to go cost wise.?
Hiring a driver to take us from Zagreb to the next city, hire another driver to take us to the next city etc. The downside would be if we didn't want to go directly to the next big city and wanted to spend the night somewhere along the way, what would the driver do?
I just throwing this out there as I have no idea of cost....??? I know the cars can be expensive too.
Still looking into open jaw fares so we can fly into and out of the cities rather then back tracking.
thanks for any help you can provide....
Would a private driver be affordable: Zahgreb/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 2 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 3 England and Scotland
- 4 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 7 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 8 Athens/Istanbul March
- 9 French open
- 10 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 11 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 12 Azores
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 15 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 16 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 17 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 18 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 19 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 20 Air pollution in Paris
- 21 tulips in the Netherland
- 22 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 23 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 24 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 25 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia