We are planning a trip to europe next year and are still trying to figure out the logistics of getting from point A to point B.
Here are some of the particulars:
We're coming from Los Angeles
We have 16 days
We want to see Zahgreb, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
We'd really like the option of driving ourselves as the freedom of being able to stop whenever you like is wonderful but some of the threads have mentioned that it's difficult to pick up and drop off cars in different countries or even driver into another country. (as in its not allowed)
It would also be expensive to have a car sit in each city for 2-3 days where it wouldn't really be needed.
SO...would hiring a car and driver be a good way to go cost wise.?
Hiring a driver to take us from Zagreb to the next city, hire another driver to take us to the next city etc. The downside would be if we didn't want to go directly to the next big city and wanted to spend the night somewhere along the way, what would the driver do?
I just throwing this out there as I have no idea of cost....??? I know the cars can be expensive too.
Still looking into open jaw fares so we can fly into and out of the cities rather then back tracking.
thanks for any help you can provide....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 2 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 3 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 4 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 5 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 6 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 7 6 Days in Italy
- 8 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 9 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 10 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 11 Helpful Hint
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 14 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 15 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 16 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 17 Finland around Christmas time?
- 18 monograms vacation tours
- 19 UK - Coronation Street Goes to 6 Days a Week...
- 20 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 23 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 24 Crete Holiday
- 25 skopsko beer and shopsko salad. my week in macedonia
Would a private driver be affordable: Zahgreb/Prague/Vienna/Budapest